TL: Grom audio

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 09:22 AM
BigTiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Grom audio

I bought an USB 3 from Grom audio and had it installed. It didn't work after trying 4 different flash drives. Has any one else had this problem with Grom audio products. And should I return it or try another install and hope it works
Old 02-28-2022, 03:16 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
ya the firmware 'updates' are a horrible experience.
Flashing kind of USB a good idea to keep aware while its 'working', but left it flashing half an hour... so was it doing anything??
tried a reset, forgot how, and re install. It worked I think, but every install removed an older ipod unit until the ery latest only.

my TL, its buggy playing.. every now and then have to unplug the unit or the NAV FM AM and cassette doesnt work. Great audio but annoying to have to go behind the dash to unplug the GROM to clear its head.

I got the HON1U3 for my Canadian 04 TL, since I was GOING TO TRY to get the six cds of prev. owner out of the 6-DVD player unit, may as well get AUX audio in after taking the bloody cabin virtually apart to get behind the head unit.
Didnt get the discs out, tiny springs everywhere and a huge skill needed seems, found out if you screw around with the NAV or dont finish the job the same day, you drive around with nothing. No enviro or audio or NAV nothing. Central console FOR ME when I had gotten only part way done was zero function

Clock bug everyone has came, got used to years of off time clock display.
But audio was delicious

Clock 'fixed itself' early Feb 2022... or fixed and broke others.

IT KILLED DVD AND CASSETTE PLAY buttons when GROM box is not plugged in. (uses SAT port to play digital music to head unit)
It kills all NAV and screen access IF MY GROM is plugged in.
Nothing works.
I use the DVD button to trigger my Grom US3 via the SAT/AUX (actually the DVD button on Canadian TLs)

So it wont do the GROM and im pzzed.
i see nothing from GROM about our 'older GROM units' getting an update.
I hope to find other GROM unit users and know if their 04 TL experience is the same

I was willing to ignore the stupid off time HONDA CAUSED problem to have my GROM working pure digital music, more than having accurate time. BOTH WOULDVE BEEN NICE but given no choice, you now know my preference...
If you bought the grom two years ago, i have to guess your doesnt work now either... or I have a lemon NAV unit, who knows.