gonna be installing this weekend, what do i need to know/have??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 06:09 PM
Future Seminole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gonna be installing this weekend, what do i need to know/have??

arite, im gonna be doing a system install most probably tomorrow: alpine mrd-m500 amp and alpine type r 12" sub. i wanna connect it to the stock amp i guess or the head unit if possible. going this route, anyone who has done it, what do i need to get before i tear down everything. ive heard LOCs and such, but what kind specifically? also, anything funny i should know with the stock amp or something?? thanx for the help
Old 03-20-2004, 01:21 AM
Master in Science

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: gonna be installing this weekend, what do i need to know/have??

Originally posted by acuratsx03
arite, im gonna be doing a system install most probably tomorrow: alpine mrd-m500 amp and alpine type r 12" sub. i wanna connect it to the stock amp i guess or the head unit if possible. going this route, anyone who has done it, what do i need to get before i tear down everything. ive heard LOCs and such, but what kind specifically? also, anything funny i should know with the stock amp or something?? thanx for the help
Find the thread that has a picture of the amp connections (straight from the TSX technical manual). It should help.

Also, run audio cables separate from power. (i.e. different side of car)

You might want to consider just pulling the audio from the rear deck speakers, since it's just a sub anyway. It's less work, except the signal is amplified and goes through a crossover in the stock amp.

I had my amp hooked up hanging next to the DVD drive. It's great for cooling and also out of the way. I'll see if I can post some photos later tonight.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:04 AM
Future Seminole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how should i go about getting this enormus headunit out? what do i need to connect the RCA's to the stock headunit exactly?