General FAQ's about the TSX Audio system

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 08:45 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
i have zero engine noise and no cleansweep. the only stock parts in my TSX audio system is the headunit and rear door speakers
Old 12-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Tae
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elduderino
You would be lots better off going with DLS UP6 components, or something from Morel, with a low xover point that pulls the vocals up into the dash.

My recommendation to everyone is get a 3 or 4-channel amp, lose the rear door speakers, and go with a set of 6x9 MBQ or Genesis woofers or a 10" in the trunk.
thanks for the tips! i'm currently looking into the dls set through a local dealer. i haven't seen any prices for them tho so i hope they're not too far from my budget. any particular amp u recommend? again, i'm looking for a good value with a slight tilt toward quality vs the price.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:56 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
MSRP on the DLS is like $450 a set.

What are you running for the rears/sub? That would influence the amp recommendations.

But the JL 300/4, the DLS CA41, and the DLS A8 are known good performers in this car.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:22 AM
Instructor

Yo elduderino!

I just got a 2006 TSX w/ navigation. Does it differ significantly from the '05? What sorts of upgrades would you recommend? From the original post in this thread I'm leaning towards starting with the speakers and maybe adding an amp. I'm not looking to rattle windows as I drive down the street, but I do want better overall sound. I'm a rock musician (not that I'm currently active) and a guitar player, so that's what I tend to listen to....
Old 01-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JohnnyCNote
Yo elduderino!

I just got a 2006 TSX w/ navigation. Does it differ significantly from the '05? What sorts of upgrades would you recommend? From the original post in this thread I'm leaning towards starting with the speakers and maybe adding an amp. I'm not looking to rattle windows as I drive down the street, but I do want better overall sound. I'm a rock musician (not that I'm currently active) and a guitar player, so that's what I tend to listen to....
w/ navigation should be w/o navigation.....
Old 01-31-2006, 05:38 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by elduderino
The TSX has no EQ-ing of the signal at all other than a basic auto-loudness feature below 20 or so on the volume knob.
Speaking of the "auto-loudness"... is that being done in the amp or in the HU?

Last edited by jakesdad; 01-31-2006 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:15 PM
VP Electricity

Originally Posted by jakesdad
Speaking of the "auto-loudness"... is that being done in the amp or in the HU?
HU, most likely inside the preamp volume/balance/fader/bass/treble IC...
Old 02-22-2006, 12:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Eldude,

Do you know where the crossover point is for the tweeters in the stock setup? The question has come up in the TSX forum a couple of times and I thought your answer would be helpful.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Intermediate

2004 Tsx Navigation

Anyone experiencing any glitching on the navigation screen when you play cds with a factory stereo? Recently, I have noticed when I play a song with loud bass or mids, I get random glitching on my navigation screen. I am not playing the music very loud. volume about 16-18 range. but when i turn down the music the glitching is gone. Its getting pretty annoying. PLEASE HELP!
Old 02-24-2006, 03:25 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jlukja
Eldude,

Do you know where the crossover point is for the tweeters in the stock setup? The question has come up in the TSX forum a couple of times and I thought your answer would be helpful.

I'd like to know out of curiosity if anyone has anything definitive too.
Otherwise, I'll argue 1st order @ 20k.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:35 AM
VP Electricity

Originally Posted by jlukja
Eldude,

Lemme see if I can find it...
Old 04-03-2007, 07:40 AM
2nd Gear

help needed down south

Thanks for the great thread.
it was just the sort of thing i needed.I am from South Africa where the Acura TSX is sold under the banner of Honda Accord.But the specs seems to be the same as the US spec Acura TSX.The car is an absolute beaut as the high sppeds are not required on the roads here.The only thing that really bothers me is the audio as evreybody out there.
There are two things that i would like to clarify before i start with my audio upgrade project.Firstly I just want to make sure that the speakers that are provided with the car here are the same ones there.The only ones that i can see are the rear ones on the deck.They read Pioneer 20W 4 ohm.Are these the same ones there.As it was mentioned earlier that the amp has a power output of 360w will the rest be distributed equally among the other speakers or in what fashion.
Can i change the front and rear door speakers for MB Quart 216 as a first stage of the upgrade.will these speakers match the door dimensions.will it sound great on the factory amp.
The specs are- Head Unit is a 6CD changer.It has 8 speakers.4 at each door.2 at the rear deck and 2 tweeters at the front of the car facing the windscreen.

Thanks guys for the great passion shown at the acura blog
jikku

Last edited by jikku; 04-03-2007 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jikku
Thanks for the great thread.
it was just the sort of thing i needed.I am from South Africa where the Acura TSX is sold under the banner of Honda Accord.But the specs seems to be the same as the US spec Acura TSX.The car is an absolute beaut as the high sppeds are not required on the roads here.The only thing that really bothers me is the audio as evreybody out there.
There are two things that i would like to clarify before i start with my audio upgrade project.Firstly I just want to make sure that the speakers that are provided with the car here are the same ones there.The only ones that i can see are the rear ones on the deck.They read Pioneer 20W 4 ohm.Are these the same ones there.As it was mentioned earlier that the amp has a power output of 360w will the rest be distributed equally among the other speakers or in what fashion.
Can i change the front and rear door speakers for MB Quart 216 as a first stage of the upgrade.will these speakers match the door dimensions.will it sound great on the factory amp.
The specs are- Head Unit is a 6CD changer.It has 8 speakers.4 at each door.2 at the rear deck and 2 tweeters at the front of the car facing the windscreen.

Thanks guys for the great passion shown at the acura blog
jikku
This thread is the best writeup we have on the TSX sound system. You might want to search around Audio & Video using various terms to see if you can find any more detailed information.
Check this thread regarding MB Quart: https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/mb-quart-fit-tsx-343019/
It seems that they fit the doors (with a spacer?).
Also, I replaced the rear 6x9 speakers in my TSX. Here are some pictures I took:
http://img342.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc009393wz.jpg
http://img311.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc009402ae.jpg
http://img328.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc009419ng.jpg
The OEM speaker is on the right and matches your description. Do they look the same as yours?
Old 04-05-2007, 03:22 AM
2nd Gear

South Africa

Hi ,
Thanks for the help.The speakers are the same as the one in my car as well.I will give response as soon as i have done the changes.
Thanks again,
Jikku