MDX: Gen 1 MDX "Please check disc" no Nav

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 11:41 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gen 1 MDX "Please check disc" no Nav

Working with a 2003 Acura MDX Tech w/RES ... replaced side and front engine mount + both trans mounts... had to remove battery to get fish front engine mount out ... while working on the side mount (passenger side) I started to disconnect the bigger cable (pointing at the driver fender) that plugs into what looks to be a module (directly under the mount and the main fuse box), I didn't completely remove it, just slid the lock to the left and wedged it out a little bit, then thought better of it and removed the correct bracket (leaving the big cable disconnected)...

After finishing the job, reconnected the battery and tried to start the vehicle, wouldn't start, so I reconnected the previously mentioned cable underneath the fuse box... I noticed that the Navigation screen was black, except for a "Please check disc" message ... removed DVD player under passenger seat to see if there's a Navi disc stuck.. removed the unit, face, and top cover... didn't see a disc inside the DVD player ...

I couldn't care less about some prehistoric navigation system, but I don't have access to climate controls, that's an issue ...

I bought the car from an auction, the navi and climate controls were working perfectly before I disconnected the battery and cable.. etc. ...

I have all of the original manuals and radio / navi codes ... the backup camera works fine, as does the radio after I type in the code ...

Any and all suggestions appreciated ... is there a Navi fuse? I checked all ACC fuses under the hood and driver kick panel... thank you, kindly ...
Old 04-29-2017, 05:00 AM
Cruisin'

i feel like a fool haha ... just needed a nav cd ... borrowed an orange one from a friend, worked like a charm... ordered one off ebay ... good to go.. hope it helps someone
Old 10-15-2017, 04:29 PM
6th Gear

Mine constantly says “please wait, downloading new software” it stays like that for a while then it flashes and says it again. One time I had it working for like 1 minute. But then it went back to please wait, blah blah!

PLEASE!!! Someone, I’m begging for help here! If searches and searched and searched but no ones seems to have the same issue as me