Few Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 11:05 PM
L33t Sk8er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few Questions

I am getting ready to put an amp and a 12 in my car.
(1) Where is the best place to run the amp power wire through the firewall?
(2) Where do you guys splice into the speakers (I have stock head-unit)
(3) Where do you connect the remote wire from the amp to the car?

Thanks in advance.........Good advice will tip the scales!!
Old 12-29-2004, 11:55 PM

the best place (only to my knowledge) is above the gas pedal, there should be a rubber boot.. what i did was i stuck a screwdriver in there and just popped it out and ran it thru there.. if your keeping stock head unit your going to need a LOC (Line out converter) i have done this but im in the process of installing a lcd screen.. you need to tap into the rear speakers.. and i believe i connected my remote wire to the power source of the radio so the amp would go on with the radio.. if im not mistaken the wire was orange.. but heres the wire schematics so u know what color wires your going to have to tap into... https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ght=schematics

good luck.. ne problems pm me

EDIT: oh and yes u need to tap into the speakers behind the HU because u need to bybass the stock amp
Old 12-30-2004, 02:23 PM
L33t Sk8er

Thanks for the help.....The amp in on the way from CA to NC so its going to be the end part of next week before I install. The guy at Best Buy told me that I would need a converter......it was like 23$ (Rockford Fosgate) you wire it into the back of the headunit and it gives you RCA's.

I hooked you up on the reputation points. I will def. pm you if I have any questions come instal time.

Thanks Jared
Old 12-30-2004, 07:51 PM
Banned

ya that little gromet thing is in the firewall of almost any honda or acura just for future reference; it makes for very clean installs if you know where it is

Originally Posted by Blazin_TL
the best place (only to my knowledge) is above the gas pedal, there should be a rubber boot.. what i did was i stuck a screwdriver in there and just popped it out and ran it thru there.. if your keeping stock head unit your going to need a LOC (Line out converter) i have done this but im in the process of installing a lcd screen.. you need to tap into the rear speakers.. and i believe i connected my remote wire to the power source of the radio so the amp would go on with the radio.. if im not mistaken the wire was orange.. but heres the wire schematics so u know what color wires your going to have to tap into... https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ght=schematics

good luck.. ne problems pm me

EDIT: oh and yes u need to tap into the speakers behind the HU because u need to bybass the stock amp