Extra Bass?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 10:06 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Extra Bass?

OK. I put some Infinity speakers in the car knowing there would be some extra treble due to the whole Bose issue. That part happened. No big deal, I actually still think it sounds betetr than before. I just tweak the treble here and there.

What I want to know is...there seems to be more bass now from the sub on the deck? Any input? I thought it was odd sine there hass been no talk about it.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Might just be better bass from the Infinity's making more bass all the way around. I do not think that changing the doors would have an effect on the ohms of the sub and change output power. I could be wrong. I think probably just the Infinity's giving you the illusion of more. More is better no matter how it happened.
Old 03-01-2003, 11:27 AM
Racer

Acura X2 hit the nail on the head.

The stock "sub" (quotes since calling it a sub makes me cringe) hasn't changed a bit.

The Infinity's are where you've gotten better bass. The stock Blose speakers are also POS speakers. Bass is non-directional so it's often hard to determine where it's coming from. If you're used to hearing the bass from the stock "sub" (which you shouldn't be since bass is non-directional ) then it probably sounds better now due to the higher quality speakers you've installed.

Enjoy the new sound!

BTW, I'm curious to know if the treble sounds as bright as has been spoken of. Did you have to tune it down a lot or was it just slightly brighter?
Old 03-02-2003, 03:33 PM
7th Gear

We almost turn the treble down to 0 or maybe +1 notch. It sounds 100% better in my opinion. I typically put high end stuff in my cars, but the odd head unit and the volume being adequate for my taste made me content to leave it alone.

I like to hear the detail and the clearity in music. I like the bass, but not really the boom.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:36 AM
Pro

I agree with X2 and Bozz with regard to your extra bass. It's got to be a result of the overall improved response of the new door speakers. As mentioned low (sub) bass is non directional and would be hard to distinguish where it's actually coming from. Your brain has been fooled to assume that its coming from the rear subwoofer, when in actuality that hasn't changed a bit.

What I noticed when I changed out my door speakers without doing anything about the blose EQ was that the EQ was enough too bright that I would turn it down to 0 or -1. In that case, I ENDED UP LOOSING TOO MUCH MIDRANGE BEFORE I GOT THE HIGHS TAMED DOWN. How are your mids? If they sound hollow, doing an EQ mod (at the speaker) will allow you to turn the treble back up and regain the midrange WITHOUT excessive highs...

In any case, ENJOY any improvement over the stock system!

Good Luck!
Southbound