Dom's Conversion (nav/dvd) install help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
Dom's Conversion (nav/dvd) install help!

Last night (friday), a friend of mine and I embarked on the install. It was already pretty late when we started (maybe around 10?), but with the exception of occasionally removing the front bumper to clean out my cai, neither of us had ever done work on a car like this. We started with the Blitzsafe install, and followed the install steps on that thread a bit too, and ended up following the directions until we'd taken out the whole center console. After not seeing two screws and getting extremely frustrated trying to remove the area around the shift gate, we were pretty fed up with this whole processs, but we fought through it and got the blitzsafe installed. Next we put the car back together as quickly (yet carefully) as we could, because nothing makes me want to shed tears more than seeing my car with its innards ripped out. We were about to start on the nav, but by now, it was around 1:30-2am, and we figured we'd be better off waiting until today.

So, to the point. I've got an 02 tl type-s and i got the Plug and Play to go with the conversion. Only problem is I dont know what in the heck to plug in and where to plug it into. Next, I'm not sure where i'm supposed to get power for it. What have other people used? Should I tap into the navigation dvd player? or maybe the Sub in the trunk? How are you guys using that switch when its about 1 foot long? Finally, do we have to do anything with that blue/white parking brake cord?

Geesh, thats alot of questions, hopefully someone can help me out before I go psycho. Thanks a bunch.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:12 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey AcA.... I would like to know those answers too
Old 02-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave made a great DIIY for the 2nd gen tlshere https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=dave