Does anyone have Eclipse alumn's in there CL?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2002, 11:58 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have Eclipse alumn's in there CL?

Just wondering if anyone has like 1 10" or 12" in there CL...wondering how it sounds and how bad it makes the car rattle?

Thanks
Mark
Old 05-09-2002, 08:13 PM
Advanced

I have 2 12" alums hooked up in my car. See the pics in this thread: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=52127

I think that they sound incredible! I had them set up for Sound quality over boom so I don't get rattles all too badly. I definately get some, but not like some people do. Then again, I think some people are out to shake thier cars apart with bass. If I had it to do over again (and I might one day) I would go with one 12" instead of 2. They put out a great amount of bass and I think that one would be more than enough for me. But I have 2 for the moment so I'm not complaining.
Old 05-09-2002, 11:41 PM
Bent = #1

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
D5C5B also has 2 12"s in his car...they are amazing....eclipse make amazing subs..i really recommend those subs....

CL'S
Old 05-10-2002, 08:38 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by Patryn
I have 2 12" alums hooked up in my car. See the pics in this thread: http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=52127

I think that they sound incredible! I had them set up for Sound quality over boom so I don't get rattles all too badly. I definately get some, but not like some people do. Then again, I think some people are out to shake thier cars apart with bass. If I had it to do over again (and I might one day) I would go with one 12" instead of 2. They put out a great amount of bass and I think that one would be more than enough for me. But I have 2 for the moment so I'm not complaining.

Ahh yeah I saw that thread a while back...what size air space are you giving the 12's??
Old 05-11-2002, 12:05 AM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

patryn....$7000 for your getup!!!!! $7000, and you PAID someone to install your stuff!!!!! and it looks like that!!!!!! dude....im sorry.........well, it just really makes me feel a better....for real, where'd you get your "custom install" done? any shop doin work like that should be closed! well, heres an idea of mine.....i paid $2000 and installed it all myself! it includes: 2 eclipse dvd alum 12's.....my quartz mids/hi's....two rockford amps (800x2, 800x4) one rockford 1.farad cap....all stinger wires ($200 worth) and a badd ass panasonic 901 headunit (60x4!)......oh, and for whoever asked.......eclipse subs rock........make sure you dont underpower them.......they sound best pushing rms.....
Old 05-11-2002, 07:39 AM
Advanced

Pardon me for not being l33t enough for you. We can't all be gods. I'm the one that feels sorry for you.
Old 05-11-2002, 09:09 PM
Acurazine OG.

Not to piss in anyones Cheerios but.... I cant believe that you paid $7000 for that.... For 7K you should have TVs, DVD players, PS2, Motorized Amp racks... etc., etc., it looks nice & all but should of only cost about 1/3 of that...
Old 05-11-2002, 10:27 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by ChrisKelly5
Not to piss in anyones Cheerios but.... I cant believe that you paid $7000 for that.... For 7K you should have TVs, DVD players, PS2, Motorized Amp racks... etc., etc., it looks nice & all but should of only cost about 1/3 of that...
All I can say to that is that you have no clue what this equipment is then. If you knew what it was, you'd know what it cost. Not trying to be rude when I say that, but please look into it a bit more before you say what it 'should' cost.

Personally, I HATE TV's, DVD's, PS2's and all that shit in a car and would NEVER do it. I went for the pure SQ end of it, not the flash end. I can't believe anyone would pay $7k to have that flashy stuff installed.
Old 05-11-2002, 11:43 PM
Bent = #1

All I can say to that is that you have no clue what this equipment is then. If you knew what it was, you'd know what it cost. Not trying to be rude when I say that, but please look into it a bit more before you say what it 'should' cost.

Personally, I HATE TV's, DVD's, PS2's and all that shit in a car and would NEVER do it. I went for the pure SQ end of it, not the flash end. I can't believe anyone would pay $7k to have that flashy stuff installed.
I've been an outsider of this just reading the posts...but to back up your side...why don't you list what you have in your car that would cost $7k....cuz it doesn't look that expensive from just looking at the pictures that you posted in the other thread..

CL'S
Old 05-12-2002, 02:04 AM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

the real deal is........YOURE ALL JEALOUS OF MY AMAZING TRUNK!!! cause you all know ima pro when i built everything MYSELF.....thats right...all of you bow down.....and patryn.....get over it.......you got fucked on your getup! FYI- my 2 eclipse's cost me $400 for both! you should shop around before you spend $$$ cause i dont give a fuck about SQ when it costs 7 G's.....my pair of 200$ mb's (straight from germany!) sound damn fuckin good to me! good luck!
Old 05-12-2002, 09:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Patryn: can you list the cost of the equipment? i really dont like to talk negitivly in here and am even hesitant about even writing this as i type it. but seriously the install could have been better. is only 500 of the 7K was used to install it then that would be cool.
i dont want to rip but i would like to point out a few things that i noticed that brings me to the $500.00 conclusion.
the HU is not flush mounted like the unit under it. and both are offset to the right about 1/4 inch. when i do custom work like that i pay very close attention to detail because i would have felt really stupid giving my customer somthing that i could clearly see that flaw.
second they dod not put any sort of finishing touches on the amp racks. they used vinyal but why not flush mount everything? they went to the trouble to angle the sides and show off the amps and stuff but with a little extra effort they should have flush mounted the equipment. also the sides are not the same. it looks like the sides are different angles and the boards are different lengths.
they also did not flush mount the subs and it looks like the vinyal is comming unglued from the back where the trunk arms go through the wall for the subs. and they are WAY too wide.

again i am not poking fun at anything or saying your install is really bad or somthing because it does look nice but these are things that would make me think that if you spent more than about 5- 700 bucks for the whole install then if it were me i would be bitching at the installer because charging any moire than that would be unacceptable for me or any of my customers for an install like that.
if you like go to my webpage and look at a few installs i have done. now keep in mind the most expensive install i have done on my site is the S2000 where i charged 1000 bucks for the whole install including materials to make it. most of the installs are about 7-800 bucks.
go to my installation page at http://www.rmscaraudio.com/bm/installs.htm
Old 05-12-2002, 12:09 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by d5c5b
the real deal is........YOURE ALL JEALOUS OF MY AMAZING TRUNK!!! cause you all know ima pro when i built everything MYSELF.....thats right...all of you bow down.....and patryn.....get over it.......you got fucked on your getup! FYI- my 2 eclipse's cost me $400 for both! you should shop around before you spend $$$ cause i dont give a fuck about SQ when it costs 7 G's.....my pair of 200$ mb's (straight from germany!) sound damn fuckin good to me! good luck!
Jealous? No. To each thier own. Me get over it? You're the one being the elitist piece of shit here. I fucked up? No. I'm happy with my gear. Shop around? I did you stupid fuck. Once again you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Big ego, small brain = elitist asshole. I got my 2 eclipse subs for $450 for both so on your knees and blow me mother fucker.
I listened to the MB's also. They were in the running when I first started looking. Then I saw the speakers that I finally bought. They blew them away IMO.
So please continue to stroke yourself and your ego because you are a god in your own mind. Dick
Old 05-12-2002, 12:27 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Bass Mechanic
Patryn: can you list the cost of the equipment? i really dont like to talk negitivly in here and am even hesitant about even writing this as i type it. but seriously the install could have been better. is only 500 of the 7K was used to install it then that would be cool.
i dont want to rip but i would like to point out a few things that i noticed that brings me to the $500.00 conclusion.
the HU is not flush mounted like the unit under it. and both are offset to the right about 1/4 inch. when i do custom work like that i pay very close attention to detail because i would have felt really stupid giving my customer somthing that i could clearly see that flaw.
second they dod not put any sort of finishing touches on the amp racks. they used vinyal but why not flush mount everything? they went to the trouble to angle the sides and show off the amps and stuff but with a little extra effort they should have flush mounted the equipment. also the sides are not the same. it looks like the sides are different angles and the boards are different lengths.
they also did not flush mount the subs and it looks like the vinyal is comming unglued from the back where the trunk arms go through the wall for the subs. and they are WAY too wide.

again i am not poking fun at anything or saying your install is really bad or somthing because it does look nice but these are things that would make me think that if you spent more than about 5- 700 bucks for the whole install then if it were me i would be bitching at the installer because charging any moire than that would be unacceptable for me or any of my customers for an install like that.
if you like go to my webpage and look at a few installs i have done. now keep in mind the most expensive install i have done on my site is the S2000 where i charged 1000 bucks for the whole install including materials to make it. most of the installs are about 7-800 bucks.
go to my installation page at http://www.rmscaraudio.com/bm/installs.htm
Everyone is entitled to thier opinion. Most of this thread (not your post in particular) is exactly what turns me off of most hobbies. Everyone thinks "they" are the big shit, and everyone else is crap. There are waaaayyyyy too few people who respect other peoples thoughts, tastes, or opinions any more. Damn near every hobby I've been involved I've left becuase of the elitists. I can't stand them and thier holier than though attitudes so I say "fuck em" and leave. I think it's about that time again.

As to my equipment: Neither unit is flush mounted. Both units are almost dead even. Both look the way you described them because of the camera flash/angle/lighting, whatever.

Head Unit - Nakamichi CD700 approx price $1700
changer - Nakamichi MB70 approx price $..I don't even remember any more either $600 or $650
Speakers - Focal Audio Utopia 165's 6.5in components ... I think I got them for around $900 which was a decent price at the time
subs - Eclipse 88120DVC (2) as mentioned in a previous post, $450 for the pair
sub amp - JBL BP1200.1 paid $379 from Ebay - great price at the time
component amp - Brax x2000 retail is $1400, I paid $1000 private sale
wire (another subject I'm sure people will flip over):
sub interconnects - Kimber PBJ (6m)
amp interconnects - Kimber Hero (5m)
head unit to changer digital cable - Illuminations D60 (.5m)
the above cables cost somewhere around $700-800

The rest of the cost involved installation, which was materials, power cable, caps, fuses, breakers, making fiberglass enclosures inside the doors for the speakers, etc, etc, etc...

Everyone may say whatever the fuck they want, I don't care. If I had it to do over again, would I? Probably not. I love the way it sounds and the sound is incredible. But do I really use the full potential from the system? No. That's the one and only reason why I wouldn't do it again.

Moderators: If you dislike what I've said in the last two posts, please feel free to delete me from database. I've about had it here anyway with some of the assholes that are around.
Old 05-12-2002, 12:31 PM
Acurazine OG.

Moderators: If you dislike what I've said in the last two posts, please feel free to delete me from database. I've about had it here anyway with some of the assholes that are around.
I just thought that 7 grand was a bit much, I dont think we meant to get sand in your clit, Hey your system is better than mine, but... then again, I have only spent about 2 grand on it... If thats the way you feel though.... Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out... Peace out....:thumbsdn:
Old 05-12-2002, 12:36 PM
Advanced

I don't think mine is "better" than anyone's. It's what I wanted, I did it. I wanted to see what it was like. I'm not the one that said it should have only cost a 1/3 of that without knowing what the stuff was. It would be like me telling you how to do your job the first day I'm there. Something like "I'd never spend that much, it isn't worth it to me" would have been fine and there would be no problem.

Trust me, doors never hit me.
Old 05-12-2002, 12:47 PM
Bent = #1

Aight lookin at your list the $7000 seems right...we never knew what you had...you don't have to get all pissed off cuz we doubted you...$7000 sounded like to much from what I saw...but knowing that all the stuff you had in your car..its a lot more reasonable...

CL'S
Old 05-12-2002, 01:12 PM
Advanced

It's mainly what one or two people said in particular. Read d5c5b comments. It doesn't matter what it is, I got ripped off, he feels sorry for me, I'm jealous, etc, etc. That attitude is just pathetic. I'm used to seeing that in high school (which he may still be in..for many, many years), but since I've been out for many years now when I see that sorta of god-complex, it's just not worth being around.
Old 05-12-2002, 01:18 PM
Bent = #1

It's mainly what one or two people said in particular. Read d5c5b comments. It doesn't matter what it is, I got ripped off, he feels sorry for me, I'm jealous, etc, etc. That attitude is just pathetic. I'm used to seeing that in high school (which he may still be in..for many, many years), but since I've been out for many years now when I see that sorta of god-complex, it's just not worth being around.
Wait a minute..so you are "complaining" how he is "complaining" so in turn you are acting just as mature as he is...and by the way D5C5B is my friend...he goes to Auburn and next year I will be going there too...I am the one in high school and yet I feel that I have been the only one who has kept cool the whole time...you can call me names and insult me...but i will not insult you nor call you names...

CL'S
Old 05-12-2002, 01:36 PM
Advanced

So be it. I will answer to an insult, but I will not look at someting and trash it. Different people like different things. I'll respect that, but I won't respect someone who insults/trashes someone elses's with no provocation. Did I drop to his level? Partway at least. I couldn't get quite that low. He's your friend? ok. I won't change what I've said because you know him.

Attack me, I'll attack back. Period.
Old 05-12-2002, 01:51 PM
Bent = #1

So be it. I will answer to an insult, but I will not look at someting and trash it. Different people like different things. I'll respect that, but I won't respect someone who insults/trashes someone elses's with no provocation. Did I drop to his level? Partway at least. I couldn't get quite that low. He's your friend? ok. I won't change what I've said because you know him.

Attack me, I'll attack back. Period.
I never expected you to change your view just cuz he is my friend...i'm just sticking up for him cuz you are bashing him and he didn't even insult you enough to call him an piece of shit...obviously you can see where we are coming from...you yourself said that you wouldn't get the install again

If I had it to do over again, would I? Probably not.
...so when a person first views that you paid $7000 for that...of course they are going to be surprised...

CL'S
Old 05-12-2002, 01:55 PM
Burning Brakes

by my calculations that leaves about 2 grand for install still seems a little high. but then of course i don't have to split anything with a shop or employees. i would have done it for about 800 bucks witch givin what most shops charge i guess it is about par for the course. but at that price i would have expected a little more attention to detail IMO.
Old 05-12-2002, 01:58 PM
Bent = #1

Originally posted by Bass Mechanic
by my calculations that leaves about 2 grand for install still seems a little high. but then of course i don't have to split anything with a shop or employees. i would have done it for about 800 bucks witch givin what most shops charge i guess it is about par for the course. but at that price i would have expected a little more attention to detail IMO.
If you look at what he posted though after all of the price listed stuff...it makes more sense..even though I wouldn't do it myself...it all basically adds up to $7000...

The rest of the cost involved installation, which was materials, power cable, caps, fuses, breakers, making fiberglass enclosures inside the doors for the speakers, etc, etc, etc...
....thats what he posted...

CL'S
Old 05-12-2002, 07:54 PM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

I MEAN REALLY GUYS!!!!! ok, heres where it all boils down to. I JUST....as in, the other day, finished my trunk....i am extremely happy with it, i love the look..everything.....heres a little of my past too.....dad rebuilds cars, boats, everything himself....if he didnt build it, then to him its a piece of shit. So really, im greatful that i've picked up a thing or two from him....and learned to do things myself.....my setup.....the install part......im total....cost me approx. 45$......and ofcourse about 4 days worth of work....which inturn really was alot of fun....i love working on my car, and the satisfaction i get from doing myself is priceless.......in my previous post, all bow down etc etc......i was being sarcastic.......but obviously its a bit tuff to pick that up online..........people like hornylep understand cause they know ME......so ya, patryn.....you put your moneys worth in......its great you like modding your car.....i bet it all sounds super, but like what i was trying to say before........PERSONALLY, i think the trunk setup sucks.....youve got all the right materials.....but the stereo shop that did it.....i mean, i did better work.......i think it could look alot better.....but i bet it still would sound the same.......im all about show, so a big part of it for me is the looks........anyway, im done.....here are some more pics of my stuff.......if you care to see!
Old 05-12-2002, 07:58 PM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

again, some serious stuff......i painted some plexi black, stuck it behind the door.....and stuck i nice eclipse sticker on it....you can see a clear square in the top left.....thats a peep hole to the digital display from my capacitor!!! ....i thought of that myself!!! he he.....
Old 05-13-2002, 12:01 AM
Burning Brakes

again, some serious stuff......i painted some plexi black, stuck it behind the door.....and stuck i nice eclipse sticker on it....you can see a clear square in the top left.....thats a peep hole to the digital display from my capacitor!!! ....i thought of that myself!!! he he.....
dude that is a damn nice install and comming from me you know that is a compliment!

i have seen a few people doing the grille cloth stretched like that and i think it is kind of catchy. i may try that in my next install.

i got an offer to make a box that is going to knock your socks off! i think within the next few weeks i am not going to tell anyone what it will look like but i will say that it will be unlike anything you have ever seen
Old 05-13-2002, 02:15 PM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

word word word......thanks for the compliments....much appreciated.........post up some pics of the finished trunk...
bass mechanic....i checked out your site......your setups seem nice......they all have a certain style to em'.like, youre signature......lol.......cool, later guys
Old 05-14-2002, 08:38 AM
Drifting

damn I didn't mean for all this to happen I just wanted to know if anyone had a single 10 or 12 eclipse or audiobahn in the trunk of the CL. I wanted to know how well it sounded and if it made a bunck of rattles.
Old 05-14-2002, 08:50 AM
Acurazine OG.

word word word......thanks for the compliments....much appreciated.........post up some pics of the finished trunk...
bass mechanic....i checked out your site......your setups seem nice......they all have a certain style to em'.like, youre signature......lol.......cool, later guys

d5c5b ---- I sent you a PM... when you gonna let me come down there & you can help me with my install.???? I'll buy us some beer....
Old 05-14-2002, 09:36 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Hey Patryn & d5c5b, where did you 2 get your Eclipse subs for $400 / $450 for both? I'm trying to find a set, and the best I've found is like $400 for 1.

Thanks for any input...
Old 05-14-2002, 12:28 PM
Drifting

That sounds like you are looking at the Ti ones...you need to look atthe Alimns I think its the 8800's.
Old 05-15-2002, 08:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Why are you guys bashing this guy? You started with him...
Old 05-28-2002, 09:14 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Ordered a set of eclipse alums today. Can't wait.
Old 05-29-2002, 12:25 AM
DOOKS of hazard!!!!

you'll love em mantis.....and ya, ive got 8800's.....i just got a good ass deal!...maybe theyre stolen...i dont know?!?! LOL!
Old 05-29-2002, 08:16 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by mantis23
Ordered a set of eclipse alums today. Can't wait.

What size did you order and how many??
Old 05-29-2002, 01:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by NOLACLS

What size did you order and how many??
2 12s.
Old 05-29-2002, 02:13 PM
Drifting

Humm hook one up first and tell me how it sounds I want just one sub in the trunk
Old 05-29-2002, 06:54 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by NOLACLS
Humm hook one up first and tell me how it sounds I want just one sub in the trunk
Heh, ok dude. I'll let kya know how it sounds.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:47 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by mantis23

Heh, ok dude. I'll let kya know how it sounds.
:P
Old 05-30-2002, 01:12 PM
"v1 saved my ass ......."

Hey all, due to all the sheeeait in this thread, and my eagerness to educate people about these wonderful subs, I have made another thread :
here

Take a look .... answering questions

AdamR
Old 05-30-2002, 02:16 PM
Seminole Fan

, and the satisfaction i get from doing myself is priceless.......
I haven't been active in this thread but....I know you simply left out a word - the way it came accross was just funny to me.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have Eclipse alumn's in there CL?