does anybody have Pioneer avic-n1?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anybody have Pioneer avic-n1?

i have a few Q's. my dad wants to put it in his benz. if you using the navi, can u still use the dvd player? and is it front loading?! i looked at pics, i dont see where you would put the cd in.

has anybody installed this themselves?! i installed my screen, dvd player, subs amps speakers and all that but i dont know how to install a navi. can anybody help
Old 08-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Instructor

I just had it installed in my car. I had the Eclipse AVN2454, but it was having some trouble so the local dealer agreed to swap it for the AVIC-N1. It has memory NAVI so, once you set your destination you can remove the Navigation DVD and insert either a DVD or a CD. BTW, you have to ground the E-Brake wire in order to watch a DVD while on the move. It is front loading. After having both of these units, I must say that I love the Pioneer for Audio, but the Navigation was way better n the Eclipse. I also like the fact that the Eclipse was double-din. I am not a big fan of the motorized screen. Anyway, hope I have answered your main question. If you want to know anything else, feel free to ask.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

Originally Posted by porshah
I just had it installed in my car. I had the Eclipse AVN2454, but it was having some trouble so the local dealer agreed to swap it for the AVIC-N1. It has memory NAVI so, once you set your destination you can remove the Navigation DVD and insert either a DVD or a CD. BTW, you have to ground the E-Brake wire in order to watch a DVD while on the move. It is front loading. After having both of these units, I must say that I love the Pioneer for Audio, but the Navigation was way better n the Eclipse. I also like the fact that the Eclipse was double-din. I am not a big fan of the motorized screen. Anyway, hope I have answered your main question. If you want to know anything else, feel free to ask.

how hard is it to install?? i would like to do it myself but if its too hard then i may not get it
Old 08-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
its not hard at all. I did it in my vette and love the radio. Only thing is i would definately get the cd changer because the navi only holds so much in memory and its a PITA to change the discs all the time....well, not really, i'm just lazy
Old 08-14-2004, 11:02 PM
Instructor

I did not install it myself, so no comments there. I didn't go for the CD-changer since I am going for the XM option as soon as it is available for it. Also, since the unit also plays MP3, I can have plenty of music on one CD.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:49 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

Originally Posted by ArN 2000 TL
its not hard at all. I did it in my vette and love the radio. Only thing is i would definately get the cd changer because the navi only holds so much in memory and its a PITA to change the discs all the time....well, not really, i'm just lazy

i just thought about something, since the Maps are on DVD wouldnt i need a dvd changer?! i think this project just got more expensive lol