DICE i-Honda-R4 for TSX, anyone try it yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
DICE i-Honda-R4 for TSX, anyone try it yet?

I just noticed that DICE has a new version of their car iPod adapter for the TSX (maybe TL?). I believe it used to be the i-Honda-R3, correct?

Anywho, it claims that you can have text but I'm not sure if you can have both text and XM, as was the case with the R3. Has anyone tried this model out yet?

I tried emailing them a few times (info@ diceelectronics.com) but they have not responded and it's been a week since my last email.

Thanks guys!
Old 04-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoke with DICE Tech over the phone....they said that it's either or. Either you keep SAT radio OR use text, cant have both. This is the same thing that the people over at NEO said also, as they sell the same product branded differently.

Hope that helps, and yea, i'm upset with it too, i'm in the same position. I'm going to just get the Non-text version, save 30 bucks, and enjoy the XM, especially w/ the Sirius merger.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:50 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I just think it's weird that these people cannot come up with a sulution that allows you to keep XM. Could it really be that hard? Couldn't you just plug the SAT into the unit and have an XM/iPod switch located somewhere? That would be a start.

BTW, that means it plugs into the SAT port, right? What happened with it plugging into the CD-C port and allowing text that way? You can get text from CDs, why not from an iPod connected to that port?

Thanks for the info, tho. It's been helpful.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nogard13
I just think it's weird that these people cannot come up with a sulution that allows you to keep XM. Could it really be that hard? Couldn't you just plug the SAT into the unit and have an XM/iPod switch located somewhere? That would be a start.

BTW, that means it plugs into the SAT port, right? What happened with it plugging into the CD-C port and allowing text that way? You can get text from CDs, why not from an iPod connected to that port?

the problem here being that our oem head unit does not support text in anything but SAT mode, and its getting the text from the XM subscription. if text worked through the CDC mode then we could probably just use CD text and it would display track names
Old 04-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Racer

The DICE unit is rebranded by Neo. Check out this thread specific to the TSX:

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/neo-prolink-ipod-adapter-w-text-reviews-tsx-361066/

Here's a TL thread about the same unit:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...9&page=1&pp=25

I have yet to have read about an Acura in which the TEXT function actually works. DICE and Neo both claim that a fix is near, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:39 AM
zel
9th Gear

Wink Dice text

I did try the new Dice R3 kit, it displays text when I'm willing to give up my XM which I don't mind giving up. If I want to have both the Ipod and the XM I can't have text from the Ipod but it works just fine in Cd changer mode.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:40 AM
zel
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Nogard13

I think the acura radio doesn't allow text from your external changer only through the XM input.