Diamond Audio?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 10:36 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diamond Audio?

Thanks for the advice as far as seeing Ron at Street Effectz. He's going to be adding an older A/D/S 4 channel amp that I have, and recommended Diamond Audio Hex 6-1/2 components for the front & Diamond for the back as well ($1,000 installed). I'm using the stock HU. I haven't even looked into car audio in years, and had never heard of this brand (I had MBQuart before, and Ron said these "blow them away"). I listened to them there, and although they sounded really clean, it's always a bit different installed. I didn't find online either as far as reviews. I've seen a few people mention them in here. Any suggestions/comments? Thanks.

By the way, there was a SICK CL they were working on there when I stopped by yesterday. Custom S2000 silver paint, custom wide-body, Comptech supercharger, Sparko seats, redone interior with a totally custom center console with monitor, carbon fiber hood - front & back, etc., etc., etc...I wonder if that's a member's car from here...PA plates
Old 06-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Drifting

diamond audio is good stuff...as is streeteffectz....the reason you havent heard of them before is because the good stuff is less accessible and therefore les used then ohter brands
Old 06-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i am running diamond m3 coxials in my rear doors....personally i love the way they sound.. i wanted to put the hex's up front but didnt feel like cutting the doors to put the tweeter in but i think i am going to ditch the bostons i have now and go with the hex's in a couple months.. ... diamond audio is top notch.. ron @ streeteffectz will not steer you wrong..
Old 06-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Burning Brakes

I totally agree. I have Diamond M661 up front and love them. Best components I have ever owned. Someday, I plan on switching to Hexes up front and moving the M series to the back. Like Shawhite, I have Boston Pros but, in another vehicle. In my opinion, I like the Diamond M661 better than the Boston 6.5. And the Diamond cost about $100 less. I can only imagine how good the Hexes would sound. Please let us know and post some pics.

Where are they planning to mount the front tweeter??
Old 06-24-2004, 10:01 PM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I love Focal speakers. Very few people have them, they are kinda hard to find, but they are well worth it~! The shop that installed them sells MB Quart and Boston, and they were more than impressed and are considering selling Focal now.

CarToys does carry them, if anyone cares.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:43 AM
Team Anthracite Member

I love the hexes. I have them in my Camaro. Absoulety amazing speaker set. They are very smooth through out the high end and the mid bass is very solid. The only thing that could be considered a draw back is that there vocals seemed a little less defined than I would like. I have listened to allot of high end component sets, with that said the only thing that I would put in my car above the diamond hexes are the dynaudio componets. Guess whats going in the TL ? Of course the Dyne's retail for 2x the hexes.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Intermediate

Where are they planning to mount the front tweeter??[/QUOTE]

They're putting them right below the door handles. Ron (Street Effectz) told me he's done a TON of installs on TLs just like this, and the results have been great. They'll be about a 7 to 7-1/2" space between the components. I'll try to post some pics after it's done. I'm getting the Hexes in the front, and the M series in the back.

Although I have yet to get the work done (being done 7/1), all I can say is that Ron has been more than professional so far. It's nice to get a response to email, and be treated like a customer should be even when I'm not spending anywhere NEAR what some of their customers do.

I did see some of the work they've done there, and I was convinced that it was the right place to go. I'll keep you all posted as to how it all works out.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ron will do you right... i have never seen a install by ron that is less than amazing..
Old 06-25-2004, 12:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by Booker
By the way, there was a SICK CL they were working on there when I stopped by yesterday. Custom S2000 silver paint, custom wide-body, Comptech supercharger, Sparko seats, redone interior with a totally custom center console with monitor, carbon fiber hood - front & back, etc., etc., etc...I wonder if that's a member's car from here...PA plates
Yup, it's Essarak Huot. He's on the CL board... acura-cl.com

Here is his car for those that haven't seen it. It is S...I...C...K

Polished S/C