Delphi Ski-Fi/Blitzsafe Questions..help

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 11:29 PM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Delphi Ski-Fi/Blitzsafe Install ???'s

Ok, I got a Delphi Ski-Fi XM radio and car kit yesterday. Installed it using the cassette adapter. Virtually lost all sound quality. It's ok, but sounds muffled..no treble, lots of midrange and no bass.

I really don't want the FM Modulator and hearing good things about this Blitzsafe OEM adapter.

This leads me to the Blitzsafe. I see circuit city sells blitzsafe here in my area. All I need is the blitzsafe adapter put in, can circuity city install this item? I really want to get rid of my cassette adapter.

Also, does circuit city carry this item in stock, or does it usually need to be ordered. I'm assuming the blitzsafe part number is what I need to be able to cycle between my changer and Delphi unit. Thoughts.

Blitzsafe part: ACURA/XM DMX DELPHI V.1D UPC: 764244-89002
Old 07-01-2003, 03:06 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey cjitty,

I went to my local circuit city in California and the technician told me that they don't do business with blitzsafe anymore. After that, I called around to different audio places around my area because I wanted the blitzsafe asap. Long story short, not many carried it and if they could get it, it would take weeks to order in.

Then I talked with StreetEffectz and I ordered the Blitzsafe through them. They told me five business days (granted it was being mailed from NJ to CA) so that sounded fine.

Not only did StreetEffectz have a great price on the part, I got mine in 3 business days which made me very happy.

I would contact StreetEffectz at 732.388.7000 or info@streeteffectz.com and ask them about your exact needs or part number. I think it will be the cheapest and quickest way of getting it unless your circuit city does in fact carry it.

Good luck

Eric
Old 07-01-2003, 03:25 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another place to check is www.xmfanstore.com - got my Blitzsafe from there, took about 3 days.

They stock most of the accessories and adaptors for XM equipment so its worth checking out.

George