clifford glass breakage sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 12:28 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clifford glass breakage sensor

is this worth buying or is it a bunch of crock? i noticed that it is actually just a microphone that senses the sound of glass breaking. i dont want an alarm that goes off with every little thing.. such as thunder, loud exhausts, etc... does anyone have this?
Old 06-18-2003, 08:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didnt know they still sell those, but yes, they do work by sensing only a certain range of frequencies. To calibrate it, you have to tap on the glass with a coin. Be careful not to break your glass doing it though.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

What model Clifford Alarm do you have or are getting?
When I got my Clifford IG8000 installed over 3years ago I got the optional Dual-Zone Omni Sensor. At that time it was their most advance digital analysis vibration/impact sensor. They had a bunch of other sensors for some models. Some models came with some sensors as standard & others they could be added on as options.
Mine came standard with the BlackJax anticarjacking/self recovery system.
It also came standard with Dual- Zone Proximity Sensor with overide. I added the Omni Sensor & Digital/Tilt Motion Sensor, Self Powered Siren 4 , G4 Cliffnet Interface, Pager
Old 06-18-2003, 03:59 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a glass sensor on a clifford. doesn't go off for thunder. however, if you have a vibration sensor, the thunder and/or loud exhaust WILL trigger if off if its set too sensitive
Old 06-19-2003, 10:53 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FTM-1
well, i've got a concept 400 G4. i didnt want the blackjax.. i think that would be a big pain in the butt for me i also have the proximity sensor, which is kinda antsy sometimes. how do you like the digital tilt sensor? also, my alarm as the ability to hook up to the cliffnet, can you give me details on it? i was considering buying that software/interface through ebay. i just bought the glass sensor, i think that would be a great addition to the alarm. since putting in my system, i've been kinda paranoid!
Old 06-20-2003, 03:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

I have used the G4 Cliffnet interface only once or twice since I had the system installed. This was over 3yrs ago & the car was only a day old when I had the Alarm system put in. It just lets you do most of the stuff thru a PC instead of the installer doing somethings. You can change you alarm sounds & turn On/Off some of the features of the system. I could have done with out it but if I wanted to change the alarm sounds I could. The digital tilt sensor works good. I had to put air in my winter tires this winter & the car was parked outside. The change in the pressure of the tire caused the car to move slighty because the parking brake was not set. The alarm then gave off a warning tone. The BlackJax anti carjaking was the main reason I got my system. Its very easy to use & can work in all types of situation if needed. Depending on your personal code that you can change it can take less then 2 seconds to enter your code.