TL: Center console lights-- gear stick

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:28 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Center console lights-- gear stick

2003 TL 3.2, with five-speed automatic.

This might need to go under "problems and fixes." My center console lights, for the gear selector, do not work. Is there is a specific fuse for this? If not, how difficult is to get to the bulb?

It's a minor issue, but it's irritating. Everything else on the car is good.

Thanks.

--
Rodney
Old 07-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More than likely, the bulb is burnt out and needs to be replaced. In order to get to the bulb, you will need to breakdown the console to gain access to the shifter. The bulb is small and slides along under the shift selection trim.

I am not familiar with the 03 console but if it is similar to the 02, you will need to pop off the two plastic side trim pieces which border each side on top. Once the top trim is removed your will have a clearer picture of how to proceed to remove the side panels...look for screws holding them in place. I believe you may also need to break down the compartment between the seats which has the padded, sliding. Lift the bottom of the compartment pad to look for screws.

Be patient and go slowly since there are a lot of plastic pieces and hidden screws. Breakage is common for those unfamiliar with doing this type of dismantling.

Lastly, if you are friendly with your local Acura parts personnel, when you buy your bulb and ask to see an exploded diagram of the console. If you ask nicely, they may give you a printout which helps A LOT.

Good luck!