CD-R unreadable since new unit installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 04:14 PM
-73.6W 45.7N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD-R unreadable since new unit installed

Hi everybody,

It is my first post on this great site. I am French and I hope this message will be easy to read.

I own a TSX 2004 silver, Non Navi. Four months ago my climate controls lights went out, the dealer said that he need to replace the radio unit; luckily it was under warranty and everything was fixed fast in a few days. Back to home, I tried to put back my writable CD-R to my new radio CD changer but most of the CD-R was unreadable, DISC error was displayed intermittently. Original labelled CD are always ok, problems occurred only with CD-R that was playing perfectly in the original unit.

I called back Acura service and talked about the new problem, they ordered a second unit without asking any question. I went back to the dealer for swapping the new unit again but the same problem occurred, clean CD-R are still intermittently unreadable.

Third unit ordered…

Acura technician was discouraged and me too, he suspected my CD… so I asked him to try my own CD-R on six different vehicles (a customer TSX 2004, TSX 2006 Navi, CSX 2006, TL 2006 Navi, TL 2007 in the show room and finally a RSX 2006) Result: no problem instant reading so we concluded that it is not a media problem.

The Acura technician called me back at home and said that Honda engineer want to test a new (refurbished) CD unit from another batch on my car. Now I really fell like to be a beta tester…

Yesterday I gave a look to all the serial/code sticker I had in the past and I found that serials was around the same lot from serials 10003000 to 10005440…

Yesterday the Fifth unit was ordered, believe me it is the last one. If the problem occurred again I will ask the dealers to take a unit in its courtesy cars or anywhere else and find the problem themselves…

I learned yesterday that we are now two persons with this CD-R problem at the same dealer.

I asked my friends to land me their CD-R from other brands and other CD burner and it still bad in my car.

Does somebody experienced any similar problem with CD-R in any repaired CD player

Thanks for your comments
Old 01-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
it sound's like that batch of units was not refurbished the right way.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Registered Car Nut

It may be that some of the components of that series are not the same as what you had... if you can get them to get a unit from a different series, give it a try!

Bonne chance d'un gars de Terrebonne!
Old 01-12-2007, 07:46 AM
-73.6W 45.7N

Originally Posted by ChrismanTSX
It may be that some of the components of that series are not the same as what you had... if you can get them to get a unit from a different series, give it a try!

Bonne chance d'un gars de Terrebonne!
Bonjour!

The Acura service technician told me that all units are Panasonic (Matsushita electric) or Pioneer for navi, that's why navi owners never experience CD-R problem like a lot of people here.