MISC: CD Players in 2022 Acura models?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 11:18 AM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question CD Players in 2022 Acura models?

Are there any current Acura models that come with CD players? either standard or as an option? If not, are there any 3rd-party options for adding a CD player to a 2022 Acura TLX, RDX and/or MDX? Even if it has to go into the trunk or glove compartment? I have quite a substantial CD collection and I enjoy being able to take the discs with me in the car and listen. I realize i can rip the CD's and use digital media files, but I still prefer being able to pop a disc in and have it play directly from the CD. Is there any solution for current model Acura's? All suggestions and ideas are welcome (even if it's a standalone CD walkman with an aux jack input).
The following users liked this post:
Peterking (01-12-2023)
Old 02-24-2022, 09:38 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
My suggestion is to scour eBay for a portable CD player and hook that to the aux port of the radio. Problem solved.

Maybe Walmart has a portable CD player.
Old 01-10-2023, 09:13 AM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jwckauman
are there any current acura models that come with cd players? Either standard or as an option? If not, are there any 3rd-party options for adding a cd player to a 2022 acura tlx, rdx and/or mdx? Even if it has to go into the trunk or glove compartment? I have quite a substantial cd collection and i enjoy being able to take the discs with me in the car and listen. I realize i can rip the cd's and use digital media files, but i still prefer being able to pop a disc in and have it play directly from the cd. Is there any solution for current model acura's? All suggestions and ideas are welcome (even if it's a standalone cd walkman with an aux jack input).

hi, have you been able to figure this out? Going to be in the same situation soon. My father is a crazy music cd fanatic collector and has tons of albums.
Peterking (01-12-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 01:13 PM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try calling Crutchfield or somewhere like that. If this thread exists then it seems unlikely that you can get a CD player from the factory, but you could still do it aftermarket I'd think, especially if willing to have it located in the trunk (my dad's old car had a 6 cd changer installed in his trunk).

It's kind of a bummer to read this. I have a 2011 TSX Wagon and one reason I'm still driving it is that the stereo is so fantastic. Especially for DVD-A! Sometimes when i get home I turn off the engine and sit in the garage just listening. I came back on the forum just to say that, and to see what people were saying about the newer models.
Peterking (01-12-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 08:00 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am picking up my new 2023 TLX tomorrow and have been looking for an add on disc player as well. Have done a little research on YouTube, amazon, etc. Search YouTube for How to Add a CD player to any Vehicle with USB for one option. I do have a number of DVD-A from when I had a TL when DVD-A first became available and am trying to figure out if it would be better to connect a portable Blu Ray player to play my CDs and DVD-A discs. Any info would be greatly appreciated! I know at some point I will need to rip the music to a different format, but would still like to be able to play a disc. This is all new to me...
Old 02-21-2023, 11:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Portable CD players are definitely getting hard to find, but there's a Memorex unit with Bluetooth available from a major electronics retailer.

Back in the day (before MP3 CDs) I used a skip-resistant Sony CD player that came with a wired remote control, connected to a 3.5mm cassette adapter to play CDs in my '92 Miata. I put the CD player in a small nylon bag to which I sewed some Velcro and stuck onto the carpet on the transmission tunnel. Lo and behold a CD player, with remote control!

I lament the absence of CD players in cars, but it eliminates weight and moving parts to break. My RL's in-dash changer has needed so many repair/replacements that I bit the bullet and got a USA Spec Bluetooth unit (after using one of those FM-bluetooth converters).
Old 09-08-2023, 06:12 AM
Resurrected Drummer

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Curious, did you folks resolve this issue? I'm interested in a Portable CD player (HOTT) that has BT and AUX abilities. I'm looking into getting this unit for it's portability for using as a Walkman and in the car if so desired. Why did Acura (and many others) remove CD players? In fact, my 2019 MDX and the 4 Infinitis previous to that car all had a "wonderful" Internal Hard Drive feature - 500 GB!. Play your CDs once, record them to the HD, and then access the HD creating your own Playlists, etc. It was Great with great CD Audio quality. To my knowledge, this together with other measures like removing AM radios, ( Ford, BMW,) are doing this to Force You to Pay for the features via Monthly fees. It's the same with integral single USB port in the console on our 22 MDXs - if yo engage AA or CP, the USB port does not work tom play Flashdrives. You can't have Both! Forcing yo to Stream Music once you engage AA or CP.
So, I need to determine whether the new CD Player will work via it's USB connection to the MDX? I'm checking to see if it has an AUX port.