can stock deck effect bass level

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 12:15 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can stock deck effect bass level

hi just wondering can the stock cl deck effect the bass if you just add a amp+subs. I have a phoenix gold 10th ann amp with a phoenix gold eq wired to two jl 12w3 and the amp is pushing about 1000 watts easily. People talk about how loud the jl subs are but my are not that loud. If I try to turn up the amp the subs get louder but it is not the clean hard bass, I get the rattle bass that I dont like. My friend has a accord coupe with just one w3 and a jl 300/1 amp and all aftermarket stuff including the deck and his sub sound better and hit harder with one sub then both of my combined. did I do something wrong. Power cable from the battery to the amp and tapped into the 6x9 for the signal. I didnt even mess with the stock deck. can some one help thanks
Old 11-07-2003, 04:44 AM
WESTK

i have the same problem. The factory bose headunit does not throw a high enough signal when you use a line output converter. When you have a low signal it does not matter how high you turn the gains up on your amp. I bought a line output converter with signal adjust knobs on it. It made it a little better, but still not where it should be. The same system i have now was much louder in my old car when my rca cable were plugged directly into the back of my head unit.
Old 11-07-2003, 02:19 PM
A-CL Master

I don't think it can. The stock deck still adjust the stock speakers and old 6 1/2 subs in the back or whatever they are. They guys at Car Audio Masters wired up my bass knob to the front right next to the light dimmer. They works reall good for me and it looks like another part of the car. I would try to have them wire up to the front and buy a amp with a bass knob. Good luck hope this helped
Old 11-08-2003, 08:30 AM
East Coast Boost.!

The signal from the Bose unit is weak. That is what is probably causing your lack of bass. Duee to the fact that you have an EQ, you should be able to adjust the bass level though. TEH rattle you describe sounds like your system might be improperly tuned to higher frequencies than the subwoofer is designed for.
Old 11-08-2003, 09:50 AM
-S namyaC-

You need a preamp/line driver to squeeze the level from the LOC. The line level signal from the Bose is decent. It just sounds like your LOC sucks. You did tap into BOTH 6x9s right?
Old 11-08-2003, 09:52 PM
broke ass fawker

Before I had my sytem in my car i changed the stock cd player to a Clarion. And i noticed an incredible difference in bass with just my 6X9's. I would suggest buying a new CD player for your car...you won't be disappointed.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Miss th 3.0

stock decks dont have pre-amp outs so its gunna sound just like a speaker
Old 11-15-2003, 10:54 PM
Advanced

This is the exact reason that most reputable shops will suggest swapping out the head unit, rather than adding amp to the factory.... Everyone has an opinion, and everyone thinks they are more than correct.... The bottom line is no matter how highend the amp is, from Xtant, Diamond, MMats, Brax, Zapco back down to Jensen, and no matter how great the Line output converter, from Monster to Peripheral, highlevel systems (systems with amps and factory decks) tend to have quirky sound problems that are nearly untraceable. A highlevel signal picks up higher levels of noise more easily than an low level system in the exact same conditions. Occasionally Highlevel systems sound great, but typically, the end result is not as good as using RCA's with a low level signal.....

Good luck.... If you want to be safe ask a shop to run a long RCA out of their bay into your amp... Play a CD, if that makes the sound work for you, get a new deck, if not, I would work on adjusting the EQ..... I hope that makes sense, let me know if it doesn't...