can someone look at this and tell me how im doing so far!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can someone look at this and tell me how im doing so far!!

THIS IS FOR A 2006 ACURA TSX

im looking for sugg and recommendations as well as what im missing and if anything is wrong...thanks for the help guys...

i have not drawn out the connections to fuse box and how the inverter for the ps2 will connect to the batt. the xm and sirius im still wondering if i want both or just the sirius in the car maybe both if its not to much for a device--will i need the x3 device for that?..will i lose voice or touch screen funcitonality by adding this device?
Old 07-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Advanced

LOOKING FOR
----------info on the switch wiring (does doms non pnp have switch wires(black and red) running from it to a switch already?
---------- and the fuse box to power any devices(not to keen on fuse box wiring)
----------do they sell power inverters that have different connections than the (jumper cable looking clamps) that will go to the battery? 600 watt should be good for ps2 right?
----------obvious the rcas from the sony HU sub out to the amp must be connected...

thanks alot for anyone who takes time with this and not just posts a one line no help answer.......
Old 07-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Advanced

ive read multiple posts by cjams and eldurino as well as many other guys---u guys are excellent ----im just at my last straw here and dont want to get ready to dissasemble and find out that i have to order another part or somthing and wait..im sure many of us have made that mistake and practically pulled our hair out once or twice...hahaha....once again this site is awesome and respect and props to anyone who can give any advice and sugg....thanks.....
Old 07-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by no more si
LOOKING FOR
----------info on the switch wiring (does doms non pnp have switch wires(black and red) running from it to a switch already?
Yes, Dom's does have a toggle switch already connected with red and black wires. You could cut off that switch and use any other one you like though. You can't use a lighted switch with this adapter. Just get some 22 gauge wire to extend the length if need be.

Most unlighted switches only have 2 prongs. Some have three but one of them will not be used.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Advanced

awesome great man thanks i forgot to add you to the list of guys who know thier S%&*t...ok so thats one down ...thanks man
Old 07-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Instructor

LOOKING FOR
----------do they sell power inverters that have different connections than the (jumper cable looking clamps) that will go to the battery? 600 watt should be good for ps2 right?
You have a couple of options with the power inverter. If you want constant power to your inverter, you could cut off the clamps and use battery terminal wire connectors to secure the wires on to the posts. You could also just attach some terminal hoops to the end of the wires instead (just like your power cable to your amp). Either way, I would make sure to attach an inline fuse.

Your other option would be to use the cigarette lighter plug that comes with most inverters. You could cut off the plug and connect the wires to the car's cigarette lighter with some t-taps. I prefer this method because it's a switched power line (only works when the car is on). Either way would work though.

600 watts should be more than enough to power the PS2.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:53 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Masterpoolcat
You have a couple of options with the power inverter. If you want constant power to your inverter, you could cut off the clamps and use battery terminal wire connectors to secure the wires on to the posts. You could also just attach some terminal hoops to the end of the wires instead (just like your power cable to your amp). Either way, I would make sure to attach an inline fuse.

Your other option would be to use the cigarette lighter plug that comes with most inverters. You could cut off the plug and connect the wires to the car's cigarette lighter with some t-taps. I prefer this method because it's a switched power line (only works when the car is on). Either way would work though.

600 watts should be more than enough to power the PS2.
awesome can you recommend which inverter to get then ...can i get a 400w one and connect it to the cig lighter? as this would be the least expensive and least amount of work correct?
Old 07-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Banned

Wow, that's pretty busy there hehe.

"aux in armrest" ? which aux are you using, USASPEC ? sure the harness is long enough ?
this is where I mounted "Dom's unit" toggle switch

How/where are you planning to mount the Sony HU ?
Old 07-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by fuckleberry
Wow, that's pretty busy there hehe.

"aux in armrest" ? which aux are you using, USASPEC ? sure the harness is long enough ?
this is where I mounted "Dom's unit" toggle switch

How/where are you planning to mount the Sony HU ?
in the 06 model there is a aux in inside the armrest...dont need the usaspec because of this i thought....

I was gonna mount the HU underneath the climate controls near the not an ashtray....

i like that doms switch mount nice job!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Banned

in the 06 model there is a aux in inside the armrest..

ok, then what if you want to plug in iPod...unplug Sony audio cable ?

I was gonna mount the HU underneath the climate controls near the not an ashtray....

How ? with the "attachment kit" ?

i like that doms switch mount nice job!!!
comments inline
Old 07-13-2006, 09:27 PM
Instructor

awesome can you recommend which inverter to get then ...can i get a 400w one and connect it to the cig lighter? as this would be the least expensive and least amount of work correct?
I couldn't tell you which inverter to get because I haven't used one. You could try either these websites:

http://www.donrowe.com

http://www.dcacpowerinverters.com

http://www.invertersrus.com/

All of these have some good information about inverters.

If all you ever plan to use this adapter for is the PS2, then even 200w should be more than enough. All inverters under 400w have a cigarette lighter plug. You will only be able to draw about 150w to 180w through the cigarette lighter. Anything above 400w will have to be connected directly to the battery.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Ps2 can be your DVD player too. Is there a reason you want to get the Sony unit, or is that something you already had? Does it have mp3 functions?
Don't you already have XM since you have an 06?

YOu also might need a line driver and/or GLI. Good luck!
Old 07-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where are you planning to get the audio signal for the subwoofer? LOC tapped into the 6x9 signal?
Old 07-14-2006, 07:21 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Where are you planning to get the audio signal for the subwoofer? LOC tapped into the 6x9 signal?
I was gonna run the rcas from the sub out on the back of the sony to the amp in the trunk....i thought this eliminated haveing to do the 6x9 hook ups.

yes i already have the HU and i like it plus having 2 tvs sounds pretty cool if im already doing a navtotv transition. yes it has mp3 and xm ready functionability

also fuckleberry:
either im gonna get an attachnment kit---

http://www.acurapartspeople.com/Sear...FCD%2DA+Player

or just wind up making one....
Old 07-14-2006, 07:27 AM
Advanced

are you saying that a 200w power inverter that plugs into the cigarette lighter is sufficient amount of power to power the ps2 in the car????? thats awesome if it does ..i thought it needed more pwer
Old 07-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Instructor

Yes, it seems even 140w is sufficient enough. Check this out:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...32573916902498

For this same price though, you could get a 200w inverter. What's more important is the continuous watts and the peak watts.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Advanced

EXCELLENT MAN....im requesting you for audio/video guy of the month..lol but seriously thanks for all your help .. youve given me the final touch that i need to proceed with the work...thanks alot man
Old 07-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yo man, if you're running a slimline PS2, you don't need a power inverter. It takes 8.5v straight in, so if you install an inverter, you've be going from 12v DC to 120v AC to 8.5v DC, when all you need to do is step it down.

I installed a slim ps2 with this technique and it works great, its always got power as long as the car is in accessory or on mode, and no need for power drain from the inverter or to hide the big bulky inverter somewhere.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Reach
Yo man, if you're running a slimline PS2, you don't need a power inverter. It takes 8.5v straight in, so if you install an inverter, you've be going from 12v DC to 120v AC to 8.5v DC, when all you need to do is step it down.

I installed a slim ps2 with this technique and it works great, its always got power as long as the car is in accessory or on mode, and no need for power drain from the inverter or to hide the big bulky inverter somewhere.

HEY REACH....thanks for the info...where can i find the 8.5v .is it a certain device? ..im very interested how your setup looks....