Buyer Beware if purchasing Ice Link Plus from Dension-USA.com !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Buyer Beware if purchasing Ice Link Plus from Dension-USA.com !!!!

I ordered a Dension Ice Link Plus from www.dension-usa.com on 1/26/2005. I heard the Ice Link Plus was supposed to be a good way to hook up your iPod to your car while maintaining CD Quality (or close to it) audio, and allowing you to use your car's steering wheel controls to control the iPod.

A week after I ordered, I called since I hadn't received any shipment notification. The CSR I spoke to told me it was out of stock and would be back in stock within 2 weeks.

Last week I realized that I never received shipment notification nor did I ever receive my Ice Link Plus. I've been calling them during their business hours (10am-5pm PST) and all I ever get is an answering machine. I have left them over 5 messages and I have still yet to receive 1 call back from the company. I finally cancelled the one time use credit card number I used to purchase the Ice Link Plus and decided it wasn't worth wasting anymore of my time. I will never buy anything again from Dension-USA seeing as how terrible their customer service is. As an alternative, I recommend checking out www.logjamelectronics.com ... they offer a few different iPod adapter products and are cheaper than Dension-USA.com ... Notably, logjamelectronics.com used to sell the Ice Link Plus but I noticed they dont sell it anymore. Maybe the poor customer service of Dension-USA.com got to them too.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience. I've heard both extremely good comments and extremely bad things about Dension, so I don't know what to think. However, I am now hesitant to purchase an IceLink. I was planning on ordering one from LogJam, since it was cheaper for the version without the SHOND3 adapter, but you're correct in that they are no longer listed on the site. Sigh.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by daniel1113
Sorry to hear about your experience. I've heard both extremely good comments and extremely bad things about Dension, so I don't know what to think. However, I am now hesitant to purchase an IceLink. I was planning on ordering one from LogJam, since it was cheaper for the version without the SHOND3 adapter, but you're correct in that they are no longer listed on the site. Sigh.
My guess is if they have the item in stock, everything goes fine, but if you need to talk to a human being thats when it gets frustrating. Like I said, I left over 5 messages on their machine and left my phone number to have them call back. Its been a week now and I haven't gotten a call back. What kind of customer support is that? I'd recommend ordering a competitor's product ... Or at least checking if its in stock before you order. Although I don't know how you could do that seeing how hard it is to talk to a human being there.