Brand new info ---> Pioneer to Ipod converter!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Brand new info ---> Pioneer to Ipod converter!

What up everyone,

I just stumbled across this article:
Pioneer to Ipod Interface

I'm pumped up because now I can hook an Ipod up to my Pioneer N1!

Text from the article:
Take Tunes On The Road With Pioneer iPOD Adapter

Most Compatible iPod Adapter Available Makes It Easy for 10 Million iPod Owners to Access Their Music in the Car

Las Vegas, NV January 5, 2005

The 10 million owners of iPod portable music players in the United States can celebrate that a new product introduced today by Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. enables them to play thousands of songs from an iPod® directly through their car stereo. The adapter works with the IP-Bus system in more than 3 million Pioneer car stereos, including all of Pioneer’s new car stereos being introduced at this week’s International Consumer Electronics Show.

“Portable digital music players like the iPod® are no longer a passing trend, but are part of the digital lifestyle. Consumers love their iPod® music and they want to take it with them everywhere, including the car,” said Michael Townsen, director of marketing for mobile entertainment at Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “More than 10 million iPods have been sold since October 2001. Consumers of iPods are also Pioneer mobile product customers seeking a safe way to access that music in the car. Now they can with one quick connection to the CD-IB100.”

Easy to Install/Easy to Use
Through Pioneer’s IP-Bus system, the CD-IB100 is backwards compatible with more than 3 million Pioneer car stereos sold during the past several years. Users will be able to operate their iPods as easily as they would using the stereo unit, by means of the stereo’s front panel controls. Pioneer stereos will display up to eight characters of text including album, artist and song names, with the ability to scroll additional information. While an iPod® is docked to the CD-IB100, the adapter will charge the internal battery of the player so the iPod® will have plenty of juice in the battery when arriving at a final destination.

With select 2005 Pioneer audio video units, the adapter provides enhanced features including multi-line display and list search, taking advantage of the additional display real estate.

Great Sound Quality
The CD-IB100 adapter also takes full advantage of Pioneer’s audio enhancement capabilities such as Easy Equalizer (EEQ) and Bit Media Expander (BMX). Pioneer radios with the built-in EEQ feature let users adjust the sound from their iPod/iTunes device to their audio preference. Units with the BMX feature automatically restore the harmonics lost during recording of compressed music, giving the listener the same warmth and richness found in the original music.

The CD-IB100 adapter will be available in March of 2005 for a suggested retail price of $140. iPod®, iPod® minis and iTunes® products are sold separately.

Last edited by Tsx536; 01-13-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Future Seminole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well arent you lucky, hahah
Old 01-13-2005, 04:37 PM
I NEED MONEY!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAMN THATS A GOOD FIND!! I've been looking for something like this!!

POINTS POINTS!!!

EDIT: Oh yeah forgot...no more rep points
Old 01-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by acuratsx03
well arent you lucky, hahah
: ) ....What up man....How you liking your setup? You already got the Ipod hooked up!

I remember you were looking for an Ipod mount, have you thought about using one of the mounts that everyone with the icelink is using?
I think you can buy that mount seperately. One of the mounts I remember is the Panavise (something like that) mount. You should look into that one!
Old 01-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Future Seminole

the setup is amazing. sounds great... well, as good as the music is recorded at least, no quality is lost through the connection

yeah, im still looking into iPod mounts, ill take a look at these panavise units you speak of.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:20 PM
I NEED MONEY!

Originally Posted by Tsx536
: ) ....What up man....How you liking your setup? You already got the Ipod hooked up!

I remember you were looking for an Ipod mount, have you thought about using one of the mounts that everyone with the icelink is using?
I think you can buy that mount seperately. One of the mounts I remember is the Panavise (something like that) mount. You should look into that one!

Yeah I was looking @ the IceLink to hook it up, but never went through with it I'm glad I didnt too! Cause Pioneer has this great innovative plug up for us . I'm Loving my N1 though...its great...Only thing I'm in the market to buy a MP3 CD-Changer that will work with it...they are hard to find so the CD-Text will work too. Let me know if you know any the I talked to that installed it said I need a Modulator for it to work...
Old 01-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by VeeralS05
Yeah I was looking @ the IceLink to hook it up, but never went through with it I'm glad I didnt too! Cause Pioneer has this great innovative plug up for us . I'm Loving my N1 though...its great...Only thing I'm in the market to buy a MP3 CD-Changer that will work with it...they are hard to find so the CD-Text will work too. Let me know if you know any the I talked to that installed it said I need a Modulator for it to work...
Yeah...I wish there was a Pioneer mp3 CD changer out there. I would love to have something like this. I've tried looking I'll let you know if I ever find one man. Please do the same. What ever you do, try not to go with FM modulation. It doesn't sound as good as a direct hookup. Plus if you have the N1, then you can just buy the Pioneer RB10 cable that converts the IP bus into an RCA input.

I'm debating between buying an Ipod & this new Pioneer Ipod interface or getting XM/Sirius radio. For the money I would pay to get the Ipod and Pioneer adapter...I could get the Pioneer XM unit and also at least 2 years of XM service. Not sure which is better yet. XM would be good because I would always get fresh new music with no work, but with the Ipod I would be able to play exactly what I want, when I want.

Anyone here have XM or Sirius? What do you think of it?
Old 01-13-2005, 08:51 PM
I NEED MONEY!

HOW much is XM for one year?
Old 01-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Well..it's $10 a month, but I think it's cheaper if you buy an entire year. I'll check the XM site.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:49 AM
Not Asian

I guess it's only time for everyone to come out with an iPod interface. Eclipse needs to get moving.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Eld, did you get to see this new Pioneer to Ipod adapter at the CES?
Old 01-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Stardog Champion

Yeah...I wish there was a Pioneer mp3 CD changer out there. I would love to have something like this. I've tried looking I'll let you know if I ever find one man. Please do the same. What ever you do, try not to go with FM modulation. It doesn't sound as good as a direct hookup. Plus if you have the N1, then you can just buy the Pioneer RB10 cable that converts the IP bus into an RCA input.

I'm debating between buying an Ipod & this new Pioneer Ipod interface or getting XM/Sirius radio. For the money I would pay to get the Ipod and Pioneer adapter...I could get the Pioneer XM unit and also at least 2 years of XM service. Not sure which is better yet. XM would be good because I would always get fresh new music with no work, but with the Ipod I would be able to play exactly what I want, when I want.

Anyone here have XM or Sirius? What do you think of it?
I have four XM subscriptions, including an Alpine XM deck in my S2000, a Pioneer XM deck in my GS-R, and an XM Commander in my wife's TSX.

The Alpine and the Pioneer decks both play MP3s and I have probably 25 CD-Rs full of MP3s in each car. I listen to XM probably 85% of the time, and some weeks I spend an awful lot of time on the road. My wife listens to XM exclusively, we've had the TSX since early November and the CDs in the changer are the discs that she loaded when we picked up the car.

I was also interested in the Alpine iPod adapter, but after investigating the way it would work, I am no longer interested. Blank CD-Rs are the way for me. If I had room for the Alpine MP3 changer in my S2000 I would buy it. The GS-R has plenty of room for a Pioneer MP3 changer but they don't make one.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Thanks for the feedback....so Alpine makes a mp3 changer?

Also, have you ever compared XM vs. Sirius?
Old 01-17-2005, 08:53 PM
Stardog Champion

Thanks for the feedback....so Alpine makes a mp3 changer?

Also, have you ever compared XM vs. Sirius?
Yep, Alpine has MP3 changers. I really wanted another Alpine deck for my GS-R, but the XM adapter was not out at the time so I bought a Pioneer 8600. Cool deck, but no MP3 changer, which sucks. A nice twelve disc changer loaded with MP3 discs, who needs the hassle of an iPod?

I bought into XM because at the time (2 years ago) the Sirius equipment was pretty much limited to Kenwood and Clarion, not my favorites. Now you can use either Sirius or XM tuners with pretty much any aftermarket deck you want.

As far as programming, I mostly listen to ESPN radio and three or four of the rock channels. My wife listens to the 80's channels and some of the pop channels. One of my buddies has a Sirius setup in his truck and listens to pretty much the same rock music that I do, and when we compare notes it sounds like the music rotation is fairly similar.

As long as you are in a car, reception should be pretty close. However if you are using a home receiver, XM whoops all over Sirius because of the satellite path. The XM satellites' orbit allows them to hover over the same place all the time, making it easy to get a good signal from a stationary antenna- the satellite is always in the same place. For example, my XM antenna picks up perfectly through the walls of my house and I never have to fiddle with it.

The Sirius satellites are constantly moving relative to the earth, meaning that reception from a fixed antenna will vary. My Sirius buddy can't pick up any signal at all inside his house with his portable Sirius tuner.

Price between the two services is negligible. Sirius has Howard Stern in '06 (not a factor for me, he sort of played out in 1994) and NFL. The NFL deal is cool, but I would prefer to watch football on TV. XM has MLB, which is more of a radio sport. XM also has the Playboy channel and some guys named Opie and Anthony, who are supposed to be some sort of shock jocks, I don't listen to either of those.

I think XM may have more channels overall, not sure about that. XM is also jointly owned by GM and Honda so you can count on XM being around for a while.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Banned

Great article nice find, rep points for you, oh wait no rep points.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
speaking of mounts....does anyone know of any like leather mounts that don't like stick out but they kinda cover itself and they ride alone the side of the nav console on the passanger side, ive seen something like this with cell phones but i have no idea where to start and ive seen them in matching leather i would love to get one of these for my ipod...
Old 01-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
speaking of mounts....does anyone know of any like leather mounts that don't like stick out but they kinda cover itself and they ride alone the side of the nav console on the passanger side, ive seen something like this with cell phones but i have no idea where to start and ive seen them in matching leather i would love to get one of these for my ipod...
Which car do you have?
Old 01-18-2005, 12:10 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Originally Posted by Karl O.
Yep, Alpine has MP3 changers. I really wanted another Alpine deck for my GS-R, but the XM adapter was not out at the time so I bought a Pioneer 8600. Cool deck, but no MP3 changer, which sucks. A nice twelve disc changer loaded with MP3 discs, who needs the hassle of an iPod?

I bought into XM because at the time (2 years ago) the Sirius equipment was pretty much limited to Kenwood and Clarion, not my favorites. Now you can use either Sirius or XM tuners with pretty much any aftermarket deck you want.

As far as programming, I mostly listen to ESPN radio and three or four of the rock channels. My wife listens to the 80's channels and some of the pop channels. One of my buddies has a Sirius setup in his truck and listens to pretty much the same rock music that I do, and when we compare notes it sounds like the music rotation is fairly similar.

As long as you are in a car, reception should be pretty close. However if you are using a home receiver, XM whoops all over Sirius because of the satellite path. The XM satellites' orbit allows them to hover over the same place all the time, making it easy to get a good signal from a stationary antenna- the satellite is always in the same place. For example, my XM antenna picks up perfectly through the walls of my house and I never have to fiddle with it.

The Sirius satellites are constantly moving relative to the earth, meaning that reception from a fixed antenna will vary. My Sirius buddy can't pick up any signal at all inside his house with his portable Sirius tuner.

Price between the two services is negligible. Sirius has Howard Stern in '06 (not a factor for me, he sort of played out in 1994) and NFL. The NFL deal is cool, but I would prefer to watch football on TV. XM has MLB, which is more of a radio sport. XM also has the Playboy channel and some guys named Opie and Anthony, who are supposed to be some sort of shock jocks, I don't listen to either of those.

I think XM may have more channels overall, not sure about that. XM is also jointly owned by GM and Honda so you can count on XM being around for a while.
Good info Karl! Thanks. I had a question about the Alpine mp3 changer. Does that changer display text on your alpine deck...like mp3 info?
Does it have RCA outputs? I wondering if I can somehow use that mp3 changer with my Pioneer deck. Do you know if a Alpine AiNet-->Pioneer IP bus adapter exists?
Old 01-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

What do you guys think of this thing? It's a 10 disc mp3/dvd changer:
http://www.rosenentertainment.com/ro...nits-r5001.htm

Anyone ever use this...I've never heard of Rosen..though.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Stardog Champion

Good info Karl! Thanks. I had a question about the Alpine mp3 changer. Does that changer display text on your alpine deck...like mp3 info?
Does it have RCA outputs? I wondering if I can somehow use that mp3 changer with my Pioneer deck. Do you know if a Alpine AiNet-->Pioneer IP bus adapter exists?
I don't think there is currently an adapter that would mate the AiNet with the Pioneer bus. I don't see why it wouldn't work, I just don't think that anyone makes an adapter.

However, I'm pretty sure that there is an adapter for the Pioneer bus that would basically give you an RCA input- the output of the XM Direct tuner is plain old RCA cables so if nothing else someone like Logjam electronics should offer some sort of adapter. You could then use any external source you wanted, like that Rosen DVD changer, but you would need a separate controller to operate the changer. Your dash might get a little crowded.

Rosen has been around for a while, one of my buddies owns an audio shop and I remember him mentioning that brand as being pretty good.

The Alpine MP3 changer will display the ID3 MP3 tags on the radio.

Edit: Pioneer IP bus RCA input adapter link:

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piepiopaux.html

Last edited by Karl O.; 01-18-2005 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Added a link