TL: ? Bout factory Bose!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 07:26 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
? Bout factory Bose!

I have recently purchased my first Acura its an 02 Base TL. I have an Alpine hu that Im thinken bout puttin in so I can have my ipod hook up. The main thing I need to kno that if I put my deck in am i gonna mess w/ the sound quality of my factory Bose system. The sound is great now and dont want to lose any of that. Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks guys!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If you are running aftermarket head, do not forget to disable the Bose EQ when installing it. There is a solid tutorial in the DIY/FAQ section for our vehicles, main page of the 2nd Gen TL subforum.

Bose speakers sound fine w/ aftermarket gear. The lack of soundstage depth and image can be made up for by installing tweeters in the A-pillar and running them active with a quality amp (and the Bose speakers up front can be amplified with them.) Just remember no matter what you do, set the crossover range around 80-90hz or so for those factory speakers, as they can't handle too much bass. The factory sub (which can also be wired into the alpine head unit via tutorial) will take over the rest of the bass range anyway, so its all good.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:45 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by fourthmeal
If you are running aftermarket head, do not forget to disable the Bose EQ when installing it. There is a solid tutorial in the DIY/FAQ section for our vehicles, main page of the 2nd Gen TL subforum.

Bose speakers sound fine w/ aftermarket gear. The lack of soundstage depth and image can be made up for by installing tweeters in the A-pillar and running them active with a quality amp (and the Bose speakers up front can be amplified with them.) Just remember no matter what you do, set the crossover range around 80-90hz or so for those factory speakers, as they can't handle too much bass. The factory sub (which can also be wired into the alpine head unit via tutorial) will take over the rest of the bass range anyway, so its all good.
So Im wantin to kno is there a specific wire harness to put my Alpine in. I went into my local stereo shop today and they told me it cant be done w/o replacing all my speakers and rewiring the entire audio system??
Old 09-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ShawnS
So Im wantin to kno is there a specific wire harness to put my Alpine in. I went into my local stereo shop today and they told me it cant be done w/o replacing all my speakers and rewiring the entire audio system??
Your local shop is an idiot. Walk, nay, RUN away from shops like that.

The harnesses you need are not Alpine specific, but car specific. And this stuff is in the tutorial on the main 2nd gen page btw, I think it has the part numbers too.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:43 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by fourthmeal
Your local shop is an idiot. Walk, nay, RUN away from shops like that.

The harnesses you need are not Alpine specific, but car specific. And this stuff is in the tutorial on the main 2nd gen page btw, I think it has the part numbers too.
Ive thought they were idiots for a while, lol. Ive got it pinned down to a Metra harness 70-1721. So I think I got it thanks for ur help man!