Blue Tooth Mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003 | 12:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Blue Tooth Mod

if any of you have been reading i have had my HBC-30 blue tooth hands free kit in my tsx for about a month. today i finally got around to connecting the blue tooth kit to the left front door speaker so now when the phone rings it comes through the speaker instead of that tiny little POS speaker that came with the kit. i had to stuff that little speaker inside the dash as there was no other place to locate it.
now when the phone is in use there is a relay that disconnects the stock speaker from the stereo / nav system and connects it to the HF kit. i had to use a PNP transistor to boost the current from the mute wire on the HF kit because there was not enough current capacity provided by the HF kit to actuate the relay.
i just used the mute signal from the kit to make the relay activate. its pretty slick now i have a 6.5 inch speaker with excellent SQ right at my leg and it is loud enough to overpower the radio at full volume and the fact that that speaker shuts off the audio when its activated.

i havnt got to test this yet but im pretty sure that the nav voice also comes from the driver speaker only not the passenger speaker, if this is the case i wont have to worry about the damn navi talking to me while im on the phone, that gets really annoying!
ill post an update of the results.

hey e-lectro.. can you confirm the speakers used to announce the navi voice? ill still have the voice in the tweeter but im hoping it wont be very loud to annoy me. i suppose i could have got the speaker signal before the tweet but it was so much easier to get the signal at the fuse box where the door wire harness plugs in.
BTW thanks for the wire identification i found them first try.
Old 11-10-2003 | 09:13 AM
Still here

Re: Blue Tooth Mod

Originally posted by Bass Mechanic
hey e-lectro.. can you confirm the speakers used to announce the navi voice? ill still have the voice in the tweeter but im hoping it wont be very loud to annoy me. i suppose i could have got the speaker signal before the tweet but it was so much easier to get the signal at the fuse box where the door wire harness plugs in.
BTW thanks for the wire identification i found them first try.
Bass -

I'll double check when I get home, but I think all four front speakers are used for the navi voice...

If I remember right, the navi has a L&R signal going into the cd-player, the cd-player has 4 channels going into the amp. So it should be comming out both front speakers... but I"ll double check just to make sure
Old 11-10-2003 | 04:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: Re: Blue Tooth Mod

Originally posted by e_lectro
Bass -

I'll double check when I get home, but I think all four front speakers are used for the navi voice...

If I remember right, the navi has a L&R signal going into the cd-player, the cd-player has 4 channels going into the amp. So it should be comming out both front speakers... but I"ll double check just to make sure
confirmed today the navi voice is comming through both front speakers, no big deal i dont feel like re running a new set of wires to the passenger side speaker to eliminate it all.
at least 1 of 2 speakers cuts it out.
the sound from the door speaker is 10 times better then the HF speaker and when the phone rings there is no mistaking it.
Old 11-11-2003 | 01:31 PM
Intermediate

I thought there was a cell mute wire off the factory radio? Isn't this hooked up with the "factory" cell kits?
Old 11-11-2003 | 07:16 PM
Instructor

I have the same bluetooth kit, but still in search for that elusive mute connection, the "factory" cell kit describes one wire change within the cell/audio harness but doesn't describe it's use. There's no mention in the installation instructions either, factory or otherwise. We would need the tech manual for the car to find that mute connection.
Old 11-11-2003 | 07:32 PM
Burning Brakes

e-lectro you have any data on this?
Old 11-11-2003 | 10:53 PM
Still here

sorry, i know nothing about it... its not mentioned in the service manual or the OEM phone install directions. Perhaps it's in the electrical manual, the other book that can be ordered for the TSX.