AVIC N2 Give bad directions???? Acura OEM way better

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005 | 11:28 PM
Cruisin'

AVIC N2 Give bad directions???? Acura OEM way better

Just bought the AVIC N2 for a 2nd vehicle and

Problem 1: I noticed that the directions from NJ to St. Louis was WAY OFF! I drove there this weekend, even tried to set mulitipile routes and it never found the fastest way. Both Map quest, Map Blast and I dissagreed with it. Am I just spoiled by using my Acura navi or have other people had this problem too?

Problem 2 : It brings up these crazy way points all the time and once you pass them it continues to count the milage from them?

Problem 3: I am driving down a highway, I have a 100+ miles to go, and it tells me to get off and get back on???

Problem 4: If I am want to find gas stations in my OEM Acura Navi, it shows me a screen full of them from where I currently am and the distance to them. If that is not enuogh, then I go to the next screen and the next furtherst group of stations comes up. The AVIC N2 shows only a handfull of gas stations from where ever you have the bullseye set, am i doing something wrong?

Problem 5: Many navi menu options do not work while driving or is that the way my dealer hooked it up?

Thanks for your adivce and if anyone wants to talk about this (maybe you hate to type) send me a private message and we can talk real time, I will give you my toll free number. Thanks

PS by the way my dealer in NJ made it work to play DVD's while driving, I have to flick a switch however i am WAY too terrified to watch it and they are still tweaking it and I am using AVIC N2 Discs too.
Old 05-26-2005 | 01:22 AM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

So your dealer was able to hook it up so you can watch DVDs while driving?
I heard this wasn't possible.
Any idea how they did this?
And this is with the N2, not the N1, right?
Old 05-26-2005 | 03:48 AM
A Commuter

problem 3 has occured to me couple of times~
Old 05-26-2005 | 05:20 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Originally Posted by picacard
Just bought the AVIC N2 for a 2nd vehicle and

Problem 1: I noticed that the directions from NJ to St. Louis was WAY OFF! I drove there this weekend, even tried to set mulitipile routes and it never found the fastest way. Both Map quest, Map Blast and I dissagreed with it. Am I just spoiled by using my Acura navi or have other people had this problem too?

Problem 2 : It brings up these crazy way points all the time and once you pass them it continues to count the milage from them?

Problem 3: I am driving down a highway, I have a 100+ miles to go, and it tells me to get off and get back on???

Problem 4: If I am want to find gas stations in my OEM Acura Navi, it shows me a screen full of them from where I currently am and the distance to them. If that is not enuogh, then I go to the next screen and the next furtherst group of stations comes up. The AVIC N2 shows only a handfull of gas stations from where ever you have the bullseye set, am i doing something wrong?

Problem 5: Many navi menu options do not work while driving or is that the way my dealer hooked it up?

Thanks for your adivce and if anyone wants to talk about this (maybe you hate to type) send me a private message and we can talk real time, I will give you my toll free number. Thanks

PS by the way my dealer in NJ made it work to play DVD's while driving, I have to flick a switch however i am WAY too terrified to watch it and they are still tweaking it and I am using AVIC N2 Discs too.
thought the n2 sensed how fast you were going by the gps and wont let you watch video if you are going more than 5mph