Auxillary Inputs 2005 TSX non-navi. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 08:35 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auxillary Inputs 2005 TSX non-navi. HELP!

I want to add auxiliary inputs to my 2005 TSX so that I can listen to my MP3 player (non iPod) through the factory radio. My TSX does not have navigation but it does have factory installed XM which I want to keep. I want the connection cable to reside in the storage compartment under the radio. But I may want to locate the connection cable inside the console storage compartment.

I have read many of the threads on the process and this is what I concluded. Can someone please verify if I am on the right track?

1. I am going to purchase, when it becomes available again, the Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X (I believe Blitzsafe is working on getting this unit to work properly).

2. Initially I thought I needed to remove the head unit, but after further reading I discovered all I need to do is remove the storage compartment under the radio per the instructions in following link:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3148

Questions:

1. The instructions in the above link are for a 2004 TSX, I’m assuming they are the same for a 2005 TSX?

2. Am I correct in only needing to remove the storage compartment under the radio? How difficult is this process?

3. I’m assuming I will already find a connection for the XM unit in the 14 pin connector on the back of the head unit. I will remove the XM connector and plug the Blitzsafe connector into the head unit and then plug the XM connector into the Blitzsafe unit. Is this correct?

4. Drilling a hole into the storage compartment under the radio then dropping the leads into it seems simple enough, how much more difficult will it be to run a connection to the console storage compartment if I choose that location instead?

Any responses to this request are deeply appreciated.