Audio/Video Setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 01:08 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio/Video Setup

Hey Guys, I have a question with my system I am trying to put together. I have four monitors, two in the visors (6.4") and two in the headrest (7"), and what I wanted to know was am I going to need to get a video amp, and what kind should I get. I am getting the Sony Mex-5di cd player and the Sony DVX-100 dvd changer. I wanted to get the Pioneer AVM-P9000R, but I did not know if it would be compatible with the sony's, also I wanted to know if I was going to need an amp with it. I don't know much about video setups so help would be greatly appreciated. Also I wanted to get some Boston Acoustics Pro Series 6 1/2's for the front and Rallys for the rear and I got a JL 10W7 sub, but I am not so sure about the Rallys. I've heard the Pros and love them but I havent heard the Rally's, but my moneys running kinda low, so could anyone give me a better solution for the rears if there is one. And what kinda amp would be good for the speakers. Thank you guys any advice would be helpful.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
any time you run more than 2 monitors you are going to need a video amp...and where would the avm-p9000r fit in that system.. that avm-p9000r would be used as your headunit/video comand unit if you were doing a pioneer system...as for are you going to need an amp.. i am assuming you are talking about to power the boston pros and rally series speakers.. well yeah you will definately need an amp for this and your 10w7.... the boston pros are ok but not exactly the best out there for the money... the only reason i put them in my front doors is due to the fact that you can axis mount them...
Old 04-11-2004, 11:43 AM
Instructor

Well the for the money what would be a better solution for the Pro's, and what kind of video amp should I get.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Burning Brakes

for the price of the pro's i would say either get the focal poly K's or the diamond audio hex's... as for video amp i would say any of the big name brands would be ok... icon, accele vision, santeca, etc..etc... but i would recommend to use one that includes an av switcher so you can watch different things on each monitor..
Old 04-11-2004, 01:36 PM
Instructor

With that said about the av switcher, I cant find a stand alone tv tuner, all of them are only compatible with a certain reciever. Is there a tuner that would work, also what would be the point of a switcher if there is only one dvd player and no other sources.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:55 PM
Burning Brakes

well i guess if there is only going to be one source then there would be no reason for a av switcher.. as for tv tuner i would have to say any of the big name brands i listed earlier will have stand alone tv tuner... also look at clarion i believe they have a stand alone tv tuner..
Old 11-04-2006, 01:03 AM
1st Gear

Cubanmix, With all this vid stuff your are pushing into this car, youd think putting pro60's all around would be a lil more important than making sure the monitors are better then they have to be? makes no sense to me. I mean really, think about it, would you rahter have 4 pro60's wrapped around you that will sound better than sub woofers and some tweeters, or two pro60's upfront with rallys in back? your nuts dude. I actually just got my Pro60's two weeks ago, and a Kicker ZX550.2 to power them. SHould sound amazing. eventually, hopefully next year this time I can get the same exact setup, I got such a good deal on these though, I mean pro60's from a licensed dealer is $599.00 and this Kicker amp from a licensed dealer is like $400.00 and something, so lets say about $1100.00, I got them bot for almost half for only $600.00. I got hooked up, thats why I wish I could get the setup again before The place im getting them is not there. only thing now is getting them put in.
Its nice to see someone else actually sees that getting speakers like Bostons Pro60's first is WAY MORE IMPORTANT than going right to getting subwoofers and an amp. I hate seeing these people spending $500.00 on a box at Circuit City and then spending around $300./00 on an amp and then hoping for the best, and the bass sounds like shit, yes you can hear it in other cars at red lights, which seems to be these peoples only goals, because even when I was 15 ( 11 years ago) I spent about $2200.00 on a stereo for a 1986 Dodge Caravan. First thing first, I got Boston Rallys all around, powered, with a nice deck, souinded amazing. People with subs would come in my van and ask what size subs I had in my van, I said I dont have any, theyd be confused, id say they are just top of the line full range speakers, this happend multiple times with people with subwoofers that thought they had nice systems. Then after a while of saving I then got some JL's and a powerful amp. The JL's pounded the shit out of that van, poped three windows out, that thing just had such good full range sound, man I wish I could have that stereo again. At least now Pro60's are so much farther in technology that the rallies 11 years ago. I cant wait to hear em!!!