Audio GURU's please help with fold out display

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 01:58 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Audio GURU's please help with fold out display

I have a Pioneer AVX-P7300DVD in my 02 tl and every time that the battery is disconnected and reconnected the monitor comes out and goes all the way back and hits the dash and a/c controls and jams the mechinism, (I've already been through a deck and do not want to have the car in the shop for another wasted day getting the radio replaced) is there an easier way to reset the deck without having to pull the console apart every time the battery is disconnected??
Please help
Old 08-16-2002, 03:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just a question why does the battery keep getting disconnected... but for your question i am not away of any way to stop the unit from deploying after the battery has been disconnected but if that is all you need to do is reset the unit i believe there is a reset button on the face of the unit.....
Old 08-16-2002, 05:19 PM
Cruisin'

the first time the battery got disconnected was because I was putting in a new battery (thats what happened to the first deck-as soon as you turn the key on it reset everything in the radio and the display comes out automatically with no way to stop it that I know of)??
and now the car is at the dealer getting a new dash replaced, so I am assuming they disconnected the battery so the air bags did not go off?
so when I get it back I will have to pull everything apart again, unless there is another alternative???
Old 08-16-2002, 09:12 PM
Burning Brakes

can i ask why you are getting a new dash..... as far as the screen deploying you can try to hit the - button real quick before the screen fully deploys... or you could hit the close button real quick and the screen will go back in but this will not help you with the adjustments... but as far as i know you will have to manually adjust the screen the first time and them the memory will remember the position..... good luck....
Old 08-17-2002, 02:38 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i don't have one of these nor have i played with one, but is it normal for the screen to come out and then retract? if so, what can you do? you need to bring it up with pioneer. or is it a setting for automatic extension when the car starts? if so, change it to manual.
Old 08-17-2002, 03:29 PM
Cruisin'

i am getting a new dash because the old one was deforming at the defroster vents,
and the radio automatically resets it self to fold out and all the way back every time it is reset(that I know of) and no buttons will work until it opens all the way back??
as far as I know it is normal for the Pioneer decks to open like this.
There should be an option but there is not anything explained in the directions
Old 08-21-2002, 08:00 PM
Burning Brakes

i know exactly what you are talking about cuz i have the pioneer unit and it does the same thing but luckly for me mine pretty much clears everything....i really dont know what else you can do to prevent the screen from deploying when power is re connected... call pioneer.....