TL: Audio Device selection in iTunes Won't Stay Set

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 01:13 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio Device selection in iTunes Won't Stay Set

I have had it with Apple, Acura and my iPhone 4! Ever since I upgraded from my 3GS, listening to music from my iPhone has been a huge hassle. If I stream through bluetooth, the audio controls work sometimes and other times they don't. No rhyme or reason. If I connect thru the dock connector, the audio will disappear and then I have to choose the Audio Device menu in iTunes to tell it to use the Dock Connector. Within 5 to 15 seconds, the audio will disappear again. I open the Audio Device menu again and I find that it has spontaneously switched back to HandsFreeLink. I can do this (and have!) a dozen times, but it will not stay on Dock Connector. It always switches back to HFL. I don't want to hear music thru bluetooth. The sound quality is inferior and the (intermittently working) bluetooth controls are not enough for me; I want the full music control thru the car's display. It's also dangerous to be messing with the iPhone's music controls while driving.
The only solution I've found is to turn off bluetooth on the iPhone, which makes it impossible to use as a phone while driving. This is simply intolerable and I can't believe Acura and Apple haven't figured this out. C'mon folks, it's 2010, not 1990.