Attn: THose with AVC-RGB1 and subwoofer setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 01:26 AM
dynamic Duo!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attn: THose with AVC-RGB1 and subwoofer setup

hey all... i was the one previously with the fat list of problems upon my navi setup.

I got all the problems solved, except I still get a flicker when i apply the brake, but that problem is nothing compared to this.

Recently, I installed a Precision Power PC2300 amp and JL 10W6 woofer. When the sub pounds, the screen inside vibrates and gets distorted.

I wish I had a picture, but the way I have it setup, I have the AVC and relay directly beneath the amp and sub, in the trunk. So basically, the relay and AVC units are next to the spare tire, underneath the trunk carpeting.

Is there a minimum distance I should keep the relay/AVC away from the woofer? I'm sure there are many here who have the nav conversion AND a system subwoofer. Anyone experience any problems? If you didn't, how was your setup?

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2002, 08:23 PM
BDI
Banned

Re: Attn: THose with AVC-RGB1 and subwoofer setup

Originally posted by Akim711
hey all... i was the one previously with the fat list of problems upon my navi setup.

I got all the problems solved, except I still get a flicker when i apply the brake, but that problem is nothing compared to this.

Recently, I installed a Precision Power PC2300 amp and JL 10W6 woofer. When the sub pounds, the screen inside vibrates and gets distorted.

I wish I had a picture, but the way I have it setup, I have the AVC and relay directly beneath the amp and sub, in the trunk. So basically, the relay and AVC units are next to the spare tire, underneath the trunk carpeting.

Is there a minimum distance I should keep the relay/AVC away from the woofer? I'm sure there are many here who have the nav conversion AND a system subwoofer. Anyone experience any problems? If you didn't, how was your setup?

Thanks.
What's up man. The flickerin' in your navi screen durin' bass drops is from your amp juicin' all the power from your car. I've had the same problem in my car before and after I installed my decoder. So the best bet would be is to get yourself a Capacitor and that should elimate the flickerin' of all your interior/exterior lights as well as the Navi screen shakin'. But if you do have a Capacitor then..........i dunno then
Old 03-28-2002, 01:19 AM
Got da Internet Goin Nutz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
The flicker

I too get the flicker. However, I recently noticed that if am getting a flicker that if I throw my navi switch twice it wont flicker anymore. Seems like that regrounds it or something? I don't know why it works but it does.
Old 03-29-2002, 06:03 PM
dynamic Duo!

So its a current dropping factor then....

hmm, i was thinkin it might be some kind of EM radiation/disruption... ok then.

its a tolerable flaw... doesn't bother me enough to start looking into caps and stuff.... but thanks.
Old 04-03-2002, 01:44 PM
Racer

does anyone know where i can find a AVC-RGB1, i know it is discountined but if anyone knows plese tell me.