Attn: StreetEffectz

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2000 | 11:53 PM

Exclamation Attn: StreetEffectz

i saw your car at the Perth Amboy show last month. that was one sweet car! sad to see you're selling it. anyway, i was wondering what you personally would do with my CLs if it was your car. i'm not keen about TVs in the back headrests since it's only a two door. stock radio is fine for me, but what could i add to make it crisper and louder? box, amps, better speakers? i dont wanna change the OEM headunit. gimme ideas! i like the upholstery job they did on your TL. it's crazy to see how factory it looks. i mean, you can say it was the Acura prototype!

------------------
YuppieCL
'01 3.2CL Type S
Satin Silver w/ Navi
-Comptech springs
Old 11-15-2000 | 07:53 AM
Banned

Thanks Yuppie! Well, for starters, I would change all the interior speakers and add an amp to them. This will improve overall sound quality A LOT! There are so many brands to choose from, so speakers you get are more of a personal preference. I personally would go with CDT, DA, MA, OZ, BA, MB Quart, and now even the new Premier PRS component series. Definitely would need an amp though. The factory amp is pretty cheesey and lack in the power department.

As far as bass...that also depends on what you are looking to accomplish. I mean, if you wanna blow out your windows, we could do that! For some nice clean, hard hitting bass, that can be done too. A pair of 10s or a pair of 12s are always good. 3 10s are better. An 18" sub in you spare tire well always gets the heart pounding (lol, ok, i'm gettin carried away).

If it were my own personal car, like you asked. I would put a good pair of component speakers up front (like I mentioned above) and a nice coax or mid in the rear. 2 10's in a sealed enclosure (a NICE sealed enclosure), and a nice pair of amps. All depends on what kinda cash you wanna spend as far as brands go, and again, what kind of sound you are looking for.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-16-2000 | 01:05 AM

i heard MB quartz speakers are good, would they be better than the BOSE though? that and the amp sound good, i dont think i'd want an enclosure... yet. i wanna do my headers and cai first. i wouldn't mind lugging around an extra 50 lbs after that! anyway, what do u think the damage would be for new speakers and a decent amp?

------------------
YuppieCL
'01 3.2CL Type S
Satin Silver w/ Navi
-Comptech springs
Old 11-16-2000 | 01:15 AM
Banned

Shoot me an email. Ron@streeteffectz.com
Old 11-16-2000 | 01:18 AM
Banned

Or if you have AIM or AOL...my screen name is StreetEffectz