Another guy is able to install the Blitzsafe adapter without removing...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 10:51 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another guy is able to install the Blitzsafe adapter without removing...

the entire center console. I was able to do this last night.

Just took off the right side panel and was able to finesse the connector up there and then push it in. The trick is to basically to tape the connector end to the yellow wire in a tight "u." I read this on this forum last night.

It's really frustrating because once you take off the right side panel and can feel around behind the head unit; you feel right where the connector needs to go almost immediately. It almost taunts you .

Yes, it's really tight back regardless of the size of hands you have, and the only way to really get it is to get the connector lined up while looking at it from the side (i.e. in the position where your legs kind of hang out the passenger door) and then push it in.

I'd say I worked at it for a good 45 minutes before I snapped it in. If I would have gone at it with the approach that finally worked for me, it most likely could have been done faster.

As far as the sound quality? I think it's better, it's certainly more "phonic" meaning that the treble doesn’t crunch at times and there's no more static. It's hard for me to tell because I'm perpetually listening to music so I think I just may need more time. The bass response is better. I'd say it's now more like a really good local radio station but I still don't think it's near CD quality.

Anyway, if you have some patience, the Blitzsafe adapter can definitely be installed without taking the entire dash apart. I'm a normal guy, and I was able to do it at night, in the cold, with a shop light in about an hour or so.

Good luck!
Old 11-29-2005, 02:58 AM
03 ABP TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What exactly do I have to remove/unscrew? Also where on the back of the radio is the input middle, right, left side? Sounds like a very good shortcut. Nice wright up! Could you go into more detail I would like to try this out this upcoming weekend.....