Alpine IVA W200 and multiple AI-NET connections help

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Alpine IVA W200 and multiple AI-NET connections help

Anyone AI NET experts? I have a IVA W200 head unit and just added an MRA-F350 amp. This alpine amp requires AI-NET and optical cable. Now that my AI NET port is used for my amp, my XM universal tuner adapter with AI NET connection is not working.

There are two AI NET plugs off the XM adapter and I can hear the box click upon selecting XM from the source menu and it displays the song name / info, but I am getting no audio from the XM. I assume there are two plugs as a pass through to allow for multiple AI NET connections, but not sure

On a mobile audio forum, a poster stated that some of the older Terk/Audiovox XM adapters may be causing the issue and I need to get the same adapter as long as it was produced after June 06.

I assume that could be the issue, but wondering if anyone else has encountered this type of problem before. I plan on calling Alpine tomorrow as well.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
quick update: called alpine today and i was told to hold down the reset button for three seconds while the unit is on and all AI NET cables are connected. This will alert the HU to recognize the AI Net changes and audio should be restored. Now, I gotta find this proprietary KWE-610a optical cable...there is one place in town that has it..$129...dammmm There is a panasonic 4 pin optical cable that will work with the 505 for $65, but that single online store that has it is backordered...why couldn't they keep the standard optical connection like the IVA 200..