Alarm Shopping

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 04:46 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarm Shopping

I am getting mods done but the most important thing I have not done is change the factory alarm. Who makes the best alarm for our cars? I did a bunch of mods on my CL but deglected to upgrade the alarm thus she got stolen. So to avoid all that I am looking for a good alarm seeing as though they don't sell force fields.
Old 04-18-2002, 05:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLIFFORD is one of the top alarms out there but i hate to break it to you bro but ...if a thief want something from your car, they will take it no matter if you have an alarm or not. they can take your wheels even if you have lug locks... i know how its done
Old 04-18-2002, 05:26 PM
Banned

Hmmm, I disagree. I have been out with friends taking things from the inside of cars (not stereos, but loose change and other valuables.) And I can say there is no way Id break into a car if it had an alarm, and Id run like hell if it went off. Why take a chance on a car with an alarm when there are plenty of stupid people who just leave their doors unlocked. Dont ask.....it involved A LOT of alcohol.
Old 04-18-2002, 07:04 PM
Safety Car

actually, if there is something they want inside of a car, they can get in. even if its not your stereo they want. some bastard broke into our toyota previa (ugly looking egg shaped van) just to steal my cd's! anywho, since i know thieves will take things no matter if you have an alarm or not, i just keep my windows rolled down so i dont have to replace the windows lol!! jk

anyway, this is what they do to break into your car with your alarm.. before they set off your alarm, they unscrew some lense where you can get access to bulbs (for us, it would be the front bumper lense) attatched to the bulbs are those 2 wires. they simply splice those 2 wires and then kick your car to set off your alarm. you know how when your alarm goes off and all your light flashes? well, they just quickly touch those spliced wires together to shut off the alarm and... VIOLA!! paradise to rockfords, alpines, jl's, etc.. whats the best way to defeat this?? your best bet is to buy motion detecting alarms. i believe clifford has motion sensors and you can control the sensitivity of it too.

as for wheels... oh wait, im revealing too much!!
Old 04-18-2002, 09:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

all you can do is try to prevnt theese thing from happening i know clifford is oneof the top alarms (very pricey though)... i install vipers and have one in my can and i love it plus you can upgrade

theres always little thing like a shut down switch that if its off it will not start your car
BTW theres no way to stop a thief but all you can do i try to deter them and no binking lights are going to do this (keep that in mind)
Old 04-18-2002, 10:02 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by Reefers3.2TL
Hmmm, I disagree. I have been out with friends taking things from the inside of cars (not stereos, but loose change and other valuables.) And I can say there is no way Id break into a car if it had an alarm, and Id run like hell if it went off. Why take a chance on a car with an alarm when there are plenty of stupid people who just leave their doors unlocked. Dont ask.....it involved A LOT of alcohol.
scumbag
Old 04-19-2002, 09:53 AM
Safety Car

clifford has a kill switch, as 962.5 said...it just makes your car not start after the alarm has gone off. clifford also has that special feature where it sends diff code numbers when you set your alarm (so theives wont pick up that same code to unarm your car) uh...but yeah, clifford is one of the best alarms. the clifford i had in my honda costs 350 bucks but that same alarm now costs like 100 bucks or so.. i believe cliffords top alarm cost 600 bucks or was it 800?? anyway, you probably wont need that alarm. just get a cheap clifford and ask the installers to not make your lights blink when the alarm goes off!! your thieves will then be in for a big surprise LOL thats when you come out of your house with a semiauto and start spraying lol jk!..or am i?
Old 04-19-2002, 01:37 PM
Banned

Originally posted by esCarbonie
scumbag
I think I made a new friend. lol
Old 04-19-2002, 08:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

you can buy that auto lock that clamps onto the brake pedal...i've only heard good things about them...you have to buy the original one and not the one made by the makers of The Club because i read in a lawsuit by the maker of the AutoLock that The Club only put out a similar product in order to discredit the AutoLock. the difference between the 2 is that the The Club one is made with inferior material that makes it easy to break.
Old 04-22-2002, 12:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
i really learned alot on this thread.. thanls guys..
Old 04-22-2002, 01:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

i have that "unbreakable " auto lock and it works great( espically cause i still have my car )

plus if you ever have any problem with anybody that thing is made of solid steel {( or sumtin) and i think it could deffinatly do some damage
Old 04-24-2002, 01:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by 962.5TL
i have that "unbreakable " auto lock and it works great( espically cause i still have my car )

plus if you ever have any problem with anybody that thing is made of solid steel {( or sumtin) and i think it could deffinatly do some damage

has anyone tried to steal your car? how much did you pay for it?