AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/)
-   -   RDX: 2019 RDX Audio Cutting out on Bluetooth Media (https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/2019-rdx-audio-cutting-out-bluetooth-media-974489/)

Alain Arduain 10-30-2018 12:55 PM

2019 RDX Audio Cutting out on Bluetooth Media

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone else has been having this problem. I have a Pixel 3 XL and just got a brand new RDX (yay!) 3 days ago. The only issue I'm running into is even connected to Media on Bluetooth (this doesn't happen on phone calls) the audio will intermittently cut out. It doesn't playe the media, so I don't think it's Bluetooth disconnecting particularly just the audio itself stopping for a second then coming back having missed that second of audio.

Things I've tried:
  • Unpairing and pairing again
  • Uninstalling AcuraLink on my phone
  • Factory resetting the car
  • Turning the phone on in safe mode to see if apps were interrupting the connection.
  • Changing notification settings in the car.
if anyone has some other advice itd be greatly appreciated, I hate to have this sour the new car experience.
​​​​​​Thank you!

pqlyer 11-01-2018 10:36 AM

I'm having the exact same problem with my Pixel 3 XL and my 2019 RDX. My previous phone, Google Nexus 6P never had this problem. I did unpair my Pixel and paired again with the same results. I talked to Google support today and they were basically no help. They checked car compatibility at android.com/auto and the RDX was not there. That site only checks compatibility with Android Auto though, which of course we don't have (yet). My wife also has the Pixel 3 XL so I might see if she has the same problem.

Alain Arduain 11-01-2018 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by pqlyer (Post 16324010)
I'm having the exact same problem with my Pixel 3 XL and my 2019 RDX. My previous phone, Google Nexus 6P never had this problem. I did unpair my Pixel and paired again with the same results. I talked to Google support today and they were basically no help. They checked car compatibility at android.com/auto and the RDX was not there. That site only checks compatibility with Android Auto though, which of course we don't have (yet). My wife also has the Pixel 3 XL so I might see if she has the same problem.

Hey! So for anyone reading this, I solved the problem. There is a thing called a2DP Bluetooth Hardware offload that causes compatibility issues with phones and a lot of Bluetooth devices. It's off on most phones by default, but on the pixel 3 it's on for some reason. Here's what you need to do:

Turn on Developer Mode
  1. Go to Settings > System > About Phone
  2. Scroll Down and Tap "Build Number" seven times
  3. Developer mode is now on
Turn off A2DP Bluetooth Hardware Offloading
  1. Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options
  2. Scroll down to the Networking section
  3. Toggle ON "Disable Bluetooth A2DP hardware"
  4. Restart your phone
This will solve your problems, and I noticed no diff in audio quality.
Good Luck! Hope this helps!

pqlyer 11-01-2018 04:20 PM

Wow - awesome Alain! That fixed it. I don't know how you tracked down the solution, but thanks very much!

2DriveHappy 12-15-2018 12:10 PM

There is a 12/12 system software update (get it via wifi) that purports to fix this, and many other audio system issues. Please report back if if happens again after the update is installed.

Alain Arduain 02-05-2019 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by 2DriveHappy (Post 16350607)
There is a 12/12 system software update (get it via wifi) that purports to fix this, and many other audio system issues. Please report back if if happens again after the update is installed.

I can't seem to get it to update even though my version is apparently from August 2018

2DriveHappy 02-05-2019 03:46 PM

Don't know what could be the issue. You've confirmed you're connected to your home's wifi network with the password and the car shows you're connected to the right network? If so, maybe your signal is too weak outside the house.