2006 TSX Remote Starter

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 TSX Remote Starter

I've done quite a bit of searching on this topic and found lots of old stuff but nothing recent within the last 12 months. I've seen everything from modules requiring use of the valet keys to those not requiring it at all.

For those of you using remote starters, what brands/ products are you using? I'm not looking to replace the security system. Just looking to add a remote starter with a long range (1 mile or so).

I can do the install myself. Just looking to see what everyone else is using that is reliable.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2007, 09:21 PM
who dat lil kid?

i have the Python 990...love the remote start. can't live without the 2 way alarm/remote start. From my own personal experiences...DEI makes 2 modules to bypass the factory alarm. One that uses your valet key and one that uses a computer chip to record your key signal. IMO the the one uses a computer chip to record your key signal is a POS. We went through 3 modules within a week because the module failed! It is better in the long run to just give up your valet key. Make sure when u place the key inside the module...to cut it up in case someone might find it...doubtful but it doesn't hurt to be safe.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

The DEI 556UW is the universal immobilizer bypass module that uses your valet key. It works much better than the 556H, Honda module. Stick with DEI alarm/remote start models also. This includes VIPER, Python and Clifford. FYI, the two way systems are worth the extra duckets like buste2 said.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Advanced

Thanks for the feedback guys. I checked out Viper, Python, and clifford sites.

Check out this model from Calrion. I found on Frys' site. Would this also be considered a DEI alarm/remote start model? From I can remember, Clarion is a trusted/reliable electronics brand. I would still need to get the DEI 556UW universal immobilizer bypass module.

I started looking for a remote starter only, but seems like a really good deal for a two way system, froam a reliable brand.

Thoughts???

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/523...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
Old 12-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Waynester
Thanks for the feedback guys. I checked out Viper, Python, and clifford sites.

Check out this model from Calrion. I found on Frys' site. Would this also be considered a DEI alarm/remote start model? From I can remember, Clarion is a trusted/reliable electronics brand. I would still need to get the DEI 556UW universal immobilizer bypass module.

I started looking for a remote starter only, but seems like a really good deal for a two way system, froam a reliable brand.

Thoughts???

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/523...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
I don't remember Clarion ever being a trusted/reliable brand. Clarion is not DEI. DEI = Directed Electronics Inc. www.directed.com
Old 12-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by uncald4
I don't remember Clarion ever being a trusted/reliable brand. Clarion is not DEI. DEI = Directed Electronics Inc. www.directed.com
uncald4,

Thanks for the clarification on Clarion. Looks like I'm going to pick up the Viper 160XVL:

http://www.viper.com/Products/Produc...?ProductID=115

Looks like I can get the DEI 556UW universal immobilizer bypass module at Fry's. (See attached link).

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/443...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Will the Viper systme work with the OEM Alarm system?

Thanks for all of your help.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Will the Viper systme work with the OEM Alarm system?

Thanks for all of your help.
That's the tricky part. It will arm and disarm your factory security system.... assuming that your installer knows what they are doing. The TSX is not an easy car to integrate remote start into correctly. Be sure that your installer is confident in what they are doing.

Great choice on that remote start setup. You'll dig it.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Advanced

That's the tricky part. It will arm and disarm your factory security system.... assuming that your installer knows what they are doing. The TSX is not an easy car to integrate remote start into correctly. Be sure that your installer is confident in what they are doing.

That's just it, I'll be installing it. I don't trust anyone else with my baby. I have the Helm manuals (service and electrical). I have them from when i did non-navi to navi conversion:

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/non-navi-navi-can-done-355663/

I figure it can't be more difficult than this.... right????
Old 12-03-2007, 01:54 PM
who dat lil kid?

lol if you can do a navi swap, you're good to go...just FYI, the arm/disarm wire is located in the driver's door...you will need those two wires to arm/disarm the factory alarm to go with your aftermarket alarm...other wise, you remote start that car, your factory alarm will go off lol...

but the stupid and lazy way to do it is to just disconnect the factory alarm completely...i don't recommend that...
Old 12-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by buste2
lol if you can do a navi swap, you're good to go...just FYI, the arm/disarm wire is located in the driver's door...you will need those two wires to arm/disarm the factory alarm to go with your aftermarket alarm...other wise, you remote start that car, your factory alarm will go off lol...

but the stupid and lazy way to do it is to just disconnect the factory alarm completely...i don't recommend that...
buste2,

Thanks for the feedback and the encouragement. I'm defintiely not going to go about this the "stupid and lzy way"...lol. I still need my alarm system to work.

Anyone else out there that has a similar set up with a Viper remote starter using the OEM alarm system?

I'll post a how to and pics once I'm finished.

Thanks again.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:15 PM
who dat lil kid?

all the alarms from DEI are the exact same. my Python 990 is the exact same as Uncald4's Viper 791. both 2 way LCD pages using the exact same remote and brain module...we could even switch brains/remotes for a day and use each other's alarm lol...

just go slowly on the install, don't rush it. i have my factory alarm intact and works 100% perfectly with my Python. whenever i drop my car to a dealership, i just disarm my Python and lock it with my factory remote and hand them my keys. the Python stays disarmed until i arm it myself. this is the best upgrade you can ever get!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:19 PM
who dat lil kid?

ah correction, his is the basic 2 way LCD and mine is the SST that gives up to a 2 mile range but it doesnt lol...nothing's ever going beat Compustar's range especially the ones from Canada...it gets even more than 2 miles due to the unrestricted FCC over there lol
Old 12-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by buste2
ah correction, his is the basic 2 way LCD and mine is the SST that gives up to a 2 mile range but it doesnt lol...nothing's ever going beat Compustar's range especially the ones from Canada...it gets even more than 2 miles due to the unrestricted FCC over there lol
The 160XVL also has SST but no LCD. If range is not 2 miles, what is it realistically? This is one of the reasons why I'm interested in it. I work in a three floor office bldg (i'm on the 2nd floor) and the car is parked in an open parking lot. How well would it work in this scenario - through bldg walls? Or does it require a clear line of sight?
Old 12-03-2007, 02:33 PM
who dat lil kid?

it doesn't require a clear line of sight...do you know what the newer circuit city's look like? i can park my car at the end of the parking lot up front and walk out the rear exit and get a clear signal to my car...main reason i got the alarm due to cars being jacked while people worked during the holidays...

a better example would be a super walmart...i can walk half way in and get a signal but after that I can't...all walmarts pretty much look the same...so just picture walking pass the cashiers and jewelry section close to the men clothing area...thats where it stops....
Old 12-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Advanced

Got it!

It's better than what I have now. Better peace of mind.

Thanks for your help again.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Advanced

uncald4,

Had a question about the install of the Viper 160VXL Remote Starter System to my 2006 TSX:

Did you have to add diodes to your trunk realease, door lock/unlock wires coming out of Viper brain box? Do you have to add diodes to any of the wires coming out of the Viper brain box?

A tech at my local Acura dealer recommended I should.

Thanks a a million for your help.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Former Sponsor

uncald4,

Had a question about the install of the Viper 160VXL Remote Starter System to my 2006 TSX:

Did you have to add diodes to your trunk realease, door lock/unlock wires coming out of Viper brain box? Do you have to add diodes to any of the wires coming out of the Viper brain box?

A tech at my local Acura dealer recommended I should.

Thanks a a million for your help.
The dealership likes to scare people. You should have heard the story my wife told me after she called Acura of Seattle about replacing the timing belt. She was too scared to dive the damn car after that.

You shouldn't need diodes for anything. They are used to isolate wires so that voltage doesn't back feed and cause things to go wrong. Most of the wires that you need to tap are already isolated using relays in the car. But, if you are concerned or unsure I recommend that you have it installed professionally. Professional installers have access to all the correct and current info on your car and the remote start that you're using.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Cruisin'

Clarion Alarms are made by DEI for them. I install them along with python alarms and remote starts, and they are almost exactly the same. There are a few different wires and the remotes are different. The Clarion actually have a few more options. I have a Clarion 6000 remote start alarm on my 01 TL. I have had problems with using the 556h bypass, but it is working right now. If it gives me more trouble I will probably go get a valet key and use a universal bypass.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Is waiting in

I have the Python 881XP, then a month later the 990 came out
I'm using a 556UW, the 556H has an incorrect wiring pinout, so you would have to reverse it, IIRC. The SST models should be a one mile range, where previous models should be around a quarter mile. Definitely do the factory disarm..
Old 12-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rex.
I have the Python 881XP, then a month later the 990 came out
I'm using a 556UW, the 556H has an incorrect wiring pinout, so you would have to reverse it, IIRC. The SST models should be a one mile range, where previous models should be around a quarter mile. Definitely do the factory disarm..
The SST have great range, yes. But the arm/disarm delay is enough to annoy the crap out of anyone. This is why I still have the Viper 791XV. I would not put an SST into either of my cars.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Advanced

Need to confirm below that I got from another forum. So does this mean that I can take my DEI 451M relay and connect it to the pink lock wire and lt blue unlock wire in the green plug left side of fusebox using this wiring diagram? Not having to go itno the door to access lock/unlock/arm/disarm. Will this allow me to control lock/unlock/arm/disarm with the Viper key fob only? Throw my factory key fob in the drawer?

"On the 06 TSX lock is pink, and unlock is lt.blue. green plug left side of fusebox.

There is no need to go to the switches (or the motors) to control the locks

Use THIS diagram (http://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#3wp), but put GROUND to pins 87, instead of 12v."

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Waynester; 12-11-2007 at 09:42 AM.