TL: Connecting Blitzsafe or Neo to headunit thats already connected to a CD changer

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Connecting Blitzsafe or Neo to headunit thats already connected to a CD changer

i have a 99 acura TL, with the original factory head unit. the tape drive just went up. i was using the tape drive to play my ipod. i have my unit connected to the alpine cd/mp3 changer (i did this before there was an ipod)

ive done a search and see that my 2 options are to get a neo or a blitzsafe
is there a way to connect one of these to the head unit and leave the cd changer connected also?

if not does anyone know of a aftermarket factory unit that i can purchase that will work with my changer (cha-s634) so that I can still control my IPOD on the actual IPOD itself? I have way too much music and controlling the ipod through the unit it waaaay too much for me to deal with. and i have a touch I just want to scroll and jam

sorry if this was alot. but this is where i always get my assistance. someone please help. thanks.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know if there's a way to hookup a Blitzsafe or the like and still use your Alpine cd changer. I'm guessing that your changer uses the same connector in the back of the factory radio. That is the case for the factory changer.

And here are some non-aftermarket options:

1) Buy another OEM head unit to replace the one you've got. You can even install the 6-disc changer model that came with the 2002-2003 TL. That's what I installed in my 1999 TL. It's a Plug-N-Play replacement which will play burned CDs without a problem. (They will not play MP3s)

2) Just install the Blitzsafe unit with your current unit, even though the tape player is not working. That could work out if you don't mind putting everything on your iPod, including the stuff you accessed through your trunk mounted changer.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Advanced

thanks

I was thinking about getting another factory head unit. but isnt that going to be way more expensive? where can i get one without paying the dealer price? maybe ebay? or a car store online?

That tape deck sound is superb. I dont mind having a 99 unit again because I used the ipod and the changer so having 6 discs in the car in addtion to the changer wont make my situation any better. i rarely used the one disc.

I just need my ipod back in my vehicle. just out of curiousity, what kind of speakers do you have? (if you replaced yours) and my friend told me that the bose sound isnt as good as polk and infinity and i read that on here a few places before.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by desco10
I was thinking about getting another factory head unit. but isnt that going to be way more expensive? where can i get one without paying the dealer price? maybe ebay? or a car store online?

That tape deck sound is superb. I dont mind having a 99 unit again because I used the ipod and the changer so having 6 discs in the car in addtion to the changer wont make my situation any better. i rarely used the one disc.

I just need my ipod back in my vehicle. just out of curiousity, what kind of speakers do you have? (if you replaced yours) and my friend told me that the bose sound isnt as good as polk and infinity and i read that on here a few places before.
You can find used TL radios on the Black Market forum, eBay and also on Car-Part.com:

http://car-part.com/

I've bought several radios for other cars through car-part.com.

Also, I'm still running the factory speakers although I did buy four Polk DB651 speakers to replace them.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Advanced

thanks

thanks again. im looking into this now.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Advanced

i ordered a radio from the website and put it in this weekend. flawless. my i love this forum.