TL: 2003 TL-S w/OnStar & Navi... which wiring harness should I get for my DDIN DVD/Navi

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 12:29 AM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2003 TL-S w/OnStar & Navi... which wiring harness should I get for my DDIN DVD/Navi

that will be replacing the POS thing they call a head unit in these cars. Factory navi sucks even with a $200 upgrade disc, especially here in Bama. So, new DDIN Navi, DVD,BT, Ipod/pad/phone, USB, SD Card, FREE MAP UPGRADES!!!!, Touchscreen HU to replace the radio... But, I see two different harnesses... One standard, one with RCA plugs hanging off it as well that says it's for same car but with "Premium Audio"...... Which one? Should I be getting? And can someone give me a start as to what all would be involved with keepine my navi prompts from the factory unit, I have aftermarket sub so not worried about that. And I know steering wheel controls need and adapter. But if I don't really use the factory navi anyway and OnStar doesn't work because the cell companies shut down analog towers years ago, is it really even worth the trouble of keeping them?

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...1%20%7C%20eBay Standard

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...3%20%7C%20eBay Premium

Last edited by d4atls; 02-05-2015 at 12:36 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:37 AM
Instructor

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...arness-925485/

I originally posted this about it....
Old 02-10-2015, 09:39 PM
Instructor

Ok so i'm gonna bump this thread.... I ended up buying both harnesses.... Had all intention of installing my new nav DDIN unit with the "Premium Audio" harness that has RCA plugs that would connect to the front and rear signal outputs on the back of the unit just as if I were installing an aftermarket 4ch amp and door speakers... But since i'm not and since I've read our factory Bose radios with the 6 disc changers have the amp built into the radio would it not make sense to use the plain jane harness and use the nav HU's built in amp the same way? Any and all input would be GREATLY appreciated!
Old 02-11-2015, 04:45 AM
Instructor

Anyone? Please.... Gonna be installing this complicated a$$ thing today.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Instructor

Also have one more question.... So the wires coming out of the back of the new HU i'm putting in are lets say MUCH more numerous than the ones the wiring harness for the car has, but luckily theyre labeled... SO I see ones that say Reverse, Illumination, etc.... but there are a few that IDK where to find a wire in the care to hook to. Ones that say:
Reverse - for the back up camera i'm assuming
Key1 - 1st key click/position i'm guessing????
Key2 - 2nd key position / Run i'm guessing????
Brake - Obviously goes to brake switch wire but suggestions on where to tap in would be great.
And one more: The HU just has one orange wire that is labelled Illumination but the harness for the car has one orange labelled "Dimmer" and one orange and white labeled "Illumination". In my experience as an installer these were usually one in the same. A wire from the dimmer to dim the HU lights same as the dash. PLEASE!!!!! Help me out someone.... my installer days were ten years ago so i'm pretty rusty on all this....

Thank You!