2003 Acura New Speaker Suggestions: Help Required.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Acura New Speaker Suggestions: Help Required.

Hello Everyone!

I will be starting my Car Audio Project next spring and I will need your Great Imput like allways.

1: My New Speakers will need to be installed in all 4 doors, and not at the rear window area. I am looking for speakers what do you guys think of Dianond Audio 6.5 Hex Speakers and Image Dynamics 6.5 2 ways, I will need to sets of one or the other. I heard both of these speakers and I was amazed and does anyone have great low prices or deals on any of these 2 brands, must be able to ship to Canada...

2.The Head Unit is a Brand New Alpine CD Deck all ready bought. CDA-9825 with a extra face plate also brand new.
3.With An Alpine CD Changer all ready bought. CHA-S634
4.US AMPS 4 chan, Tube Amp 800watts all ready bought. TU-4360

5. I am not Intrested in a Sub at this time, I do not need that extra bass the music I listen to doesnt have to much Bass, and I was told that I might maybe get away with useing the stock sub that is current in the car at this time and should work fine.

PS: My Installer will keep also the steering wheel control active and the stock car alarm active and also the blinking light that is current with the stock Radio. I have seen his work on all types of Acura and Honda and BMW Cars. This Guy Does Great Work and Cheap.

Thanks Again!
Explorer

2003 Silver Acura Type S
All Stock and Wanna Keep It That Way For The Momment.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These are just my opinions.

1. I would go with the Diamond Hex's. I had the Image Chameleons and was really unimpressed with their midbass performance. The Hex's just blew them away.

2, 3, 4. Headunit, change and amp sound great. Good choices.

5. Using the stock sub with an aftermarket system is not going to accomplish much. You will still have to have an extra amp to power it and the bass will be minimal at best. I would at least put a small 10" sub or something in a small enclosure. The results will be well worth it compared to stock.

To keep the steering wheel controls does require an external adapter but, can be done. We have heard mixed results on how effective it is.

Keep us posted with pics and stuff!!!