TL: 2 Sony Xplodes with Kenwood 1000 watt amp in a 03 TL

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 01:38 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol I have no abilities at all. I don't even know how to wire it. That's why I was trying to look for a set already done for me so I can learn how to wire it first. And learn one step at a time.

I can spend as much as I want, its just that I don't wanna waste money you know. Especially in hard times like this. I'm just a sucker for good deals. It just feels better knowing that you got it a good price. I just picked up a brand new AEM SRI for $70. Right now, I would spend about $250 for a nice used set. If anyone has anything for sale or sees a good deal, hit me up. Thanks guys.

Also, around how many watts would my subs need to get that bass where people can hear it on the streets? I know $250 won't be enough for that but I was just wondering.

Last edited by finalcross; 10-09-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:46 AM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
See, there's your problem

You want people to "hear you coming"

That's how shit gets stolen.

Since you live in New York(like i do) you should know better and know how easy and often our cars get broken into.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:13 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
OK, here's what I think:

You need to find a quality installer. OR, you need to quickly and thoroughly learn the ropes. www.bcae1.com will get you there.

You can build a system that looks like a stock trunk (hidden panel system), but break-in is a reality no matter how stealthy you are. Our cars are easy to break in to, but the head unit comes out only if you know exactly what you are doing OR if you have a massive crow bar (and that's just gross vandalism at that point,...nothing will survive.)
Old 10-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Racer

The guys here have brought up a bunch of examples for a low budget setup. And trust me when you put in the system you wont consider it waste of money any more, ull learn to appreciate it more than just bass that other people can hear. That MB Quart sub is insane value for the money, those $15 subs will also be fine if they work at what they are rated at. Just indulge into it, buy a sub and an amp, if you have problems installing or w.e the fuck, refer back to the forum and your system will be built with the help of people who know their stuff.

I bought my system a year ago for a few hundred bucks, the guys on the forum answered every question i had, and i installed it my self... Not difficult at all.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Racer

Of course I'm not going to blast it when I'm driving around looking for parking like some guy in some hooked up Civic did around my neighborhood and a week later, I never saw his car again.

I don't need something that's too fancy. I just want something that is better than stock, you know. Is the head unit that hard to take out to hook up to?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:38 AM
Racer

Ughhhh!!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by finalcross
Of course I'm not going to blast it when I'm driving around looking for parking like some guy in some hooked up Civic did around my neighborhood and a week later, I never saw his car again.

I don't need something that's too fancy. I just want something that is better than stock, you know. Is the head unit that hard to take out to hook up to?

Fancy, like Ketchup?

The HU is time consuming to remove, and the tutorial on the first page of the 2nd gen forum area is the best the best thing to follow. ANYBODY can do this but you better be prepared to have the car in pieces for a while, and you might want to learn how to solder or at the very least, crimp really, really good.

Don't forget, stock on this car is one of the best out there...especially for its time. Doing better than it takes some thinking.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Racer

^Yep the pioneer unit is really good. No mp3 though =( After taking apart the center console 4 times, i timed myself about 15-16 mins to take it apart and back together, which is actually not bad. First time.... about an hour, asshole bolts under change pocket!!!