05TSX/Navi/XM Radio not working! Getting "Code" message on dash.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05TSX/Navi/XM Radio not working! Getting "Code" message on dash.

Rut Ro Shaggy!

When I turn my stereo "on" it doesn't seem to power up. And when I push the power button/knob on the stereo the word "CODE" pops up on the dash / clock. The amp turns on when I turn the stereo on, so something is turning on, but I get no audio functions. Everything else works. Navi (no voice), a/c....but when I select the audio function, nothing turns up on the touch screen. And I don't have voice functions. At least I can't hear it, they may be there.

Here's what I did. Converted to aftermrket amp. I cut the 2 amp plugs and rewired for an aftermarket amp. All the wires seem fine. After using elduderino conversion thread I checked all my wires and colors according to the plug pins (the colors were different). I think all the wiring is right. When I was done I had 2 ground wires, a blue and white consant power line, and an acc line open and disconnected. Everything else matched up perfect. 4 sets of RCA's, 8 speakers and 1 amp remote line. Were the 4 leftover wires suppose to be hooked up to something? Left over wiring was the OEM amp 12v, 2grnds, 1 acc. this makes perfect sense to me..

I did blow the 20 amp fuse once before hooking it up.

I think I might have blown the head unit.

Does anyone know what "Code" means when display in the dash clock area?
Old 06-06-2005, 09:49 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I think you got your answers on your identical post in the discussion thread, but it does bring up the benefits of reading the owner's manual for your car... Please post after you enter the code and tell us how it works.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Guinea Pig

Where do I enter the code? I haven't seen a code option or I would have enetered it. Is it suppose to come on when I turn the stereo on?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Guinea Pig

Check! Got it!

Anyone know a link to the plugs that plug directly in to the Head unit? I need to tap in to the xm/aux input to hook up my Aux3. I haven't been able to find a head unit plug schematic. Or does anyone know the lines I need to cut into?
Old 06-06-2005, 01:21 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I posted unclearly... I MEANT after you get the code in, tell us how your STEREO install is working... I didn't mean the code entry method, whoops.

Sorry about any misunderstanding : )
Old 06-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Guinea Pig

OK.....I just went out at lunch and played with it now that it's up and running. It's loud now! I was affraid to turn it up all the way. It all sounds good except 1 thing. I am getting that motor noise hiss even when the car isn't on. Now, I ran my main power my speaker wires and remote down the drivers side (spkr wires and remote in one bundle) and the rca's I ran down the passenger side. Could this be a problem? Also, I get the turn on pop.

Should I wire a ground to one of the rca shields?

One more question....There are 2 plugs on the HU. One on the back and the other on the under side. I am assuming the one on the under side has the xm/aux input....correct?

The amp ground is solid! I didn't change the stereo ground so it should be good. I will check the grounds when I get home.