04 and XM

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008 | 03:13 PM
Intermediate

Cool 04 and XM

Hello everyone. I'm picking up my wife's "new" 2004 TSX tomorrow and already she's complaining that she doesn't have XM in it. She currently drives a Mitsubishi Mirage with an aftermarket Pioneer headunit that had the IP-Bus connection so the XM could be controlled from the headunit itself. I showed her the XM CommanderMT but she's not too thrilled that she can't control it from the radio itself. She pointed out the XMDirect unit but I'm not sure it will actually work with the '04's radio. Will it?

I keep seeing things about the '05 and up coming with XM from factory already so I was thinking I could maybe get the radio from an '05 or higher and use that for the XM but was that only for the Navigation-equiped models?

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-18-2008 | 09:05 PM
Senior Moderator

XMDirect won't work with the TSX, sorry. (or any Honda, I believe).

You're not going to be able to get it integrated. To get it, you'd need an 05 radio (non-navi is OK) but also an extra harness, replace a bunch of your existing wiring, an additional XM receiver module that goes in the trunk, and the XM aerial. Its just not worth it.

Pick your favorite standalone receiver and pipe it in through an aux solution.
Old 01-18-2008 | 10:37 PM
Intermediate

That's what I figured. Thanks a lot. I did get in contact with this guy that can get me the whole nav system including XM and the wiring harness and antennas and everything else. We'll see if it's legit...