AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/)
-   -   TL: 02 Tl Type S - Aux Audio Advice (https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/02-tl-type-s-aux-audio-advice-922743/)

Mimm.jeff 12-10-2014 03:38 PM

02 Tl Type S - Aux Audio Advice

Hey Guys,
I've read through the DIY for Aux cables for my 02 TL Type_S(non-Nav). With that said, I still have no idea what kit or product to buy, a lot of these threads are 10 years old and I need some help on the best way to go.

I just want to have an AUX cable to plug in my cell phone to play music. I don't care about bluetooth or using the speakers as a phone, I just want to play some music from my phone.

Any advice would be appreciated. thanks guys!!!

01acls 03-23-2015 07:08 PM

You can add a Grom unit to your stereo by pluging it in to the aux jack at the rear of your stereo unit. They have kits that will plug n play via bluetooth and/or mini head phone jack.

I installed that on my gf 2000 a tl w out navigation... similar to yours.

Theres a video on youtube for the 2g acuras... search for it.

01acls 03-23-2015 08:13 PM

Correction: once the Grom unit is connected to the radio then you can connect your phone to the Grom to play music/make calls-answer calls/ etc using your phone via bluetooth or mini jack. Note: making calls and answering calls is best via bluetooth.

AMI8 05-31-2015 09:22 PM

I've had the GROM AND2 unit installed in my Canadian 05 TL w/ NAV since November of 2014 and it's been a rollercoaster ride. Random crashes, updates that fix one prob and cause more, slow tech support replies (going on 2 weeks now still waiting for a reply to an issue I just fixed myself).

Check the GROM / AAlinq reviews on the Google Play Store. Judge for yourself.

When it works it's pretty nice. When it doesn't it's.... #!*$(&!!

01acls 05-31-2015 10:21 PM

Sorry to hear that. I got mines about a year ago and it's been perfect. No issue what so ever. Didn't know you can do updates. I would recommend it to a friend.

AMI8 06-01-2015 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by 01acls (Post 15454902)
Sorry to hear that. I got mines about a year ago and it's been perfect. No issue what so ever. Didn't know you can do updates. I would recommend it to a friend.

I suspect the issues have something to do with Canadian TL's and the NAV setup. Anyone else north of the border have a GROM unit in their 3G's?

I have the GROM-AND2-HON1 unit w/ firmware #29. It plays .ogg Vorbis as well as most common audio files.

GROM's page has firmware updates as well as a config file for adjusting things like the volume output, the scan button, etc. with a WARNING not to update unless absolutely necessary. USB2P config file options

If yours ain't broke, don't fix it.