Official BoostedJack's fake life thread. see page 5 (formerly Jiffy Lube Owned!!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Official BoostedJack's fake life thread. see page 5 (formerly Jiffy Lube Owned!!)

I hope this isn't a repost. Here are another 5 reasons NOT to take your vehicle to Jiffy Lube!
http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vo...52183.200k.asx
Old 06-11-2007, 12:42 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
this applies to almost ANY shop out there, including dealers.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Money is funny.

seriously...you gotta stay on top of yor shit no matter where you go...dealer...midas...juffy lube...th handful of punks ruin it for all the honorable mechs out there...shame...
Old 06-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
That kind of thing really burns me. Think of all the people who've been lied to and stiffed out of money. Not to mention possible damage they've done to people's cars. Just goes to show you that you have to be so careful where you take your car.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
All those service techs and the district manager should be fired, and Jiffy Lube should be sued for services not rendered.

It makes me want to put hidden cameras in MY car.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Health's Angels

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone catch the license plate? Well done!
The following users liked this post:
Azurite (07-03-2011)
Old 06-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Uses turn signals in my

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower
That is so true, I am only 17 (well 18 in almost one month) and in my small period of owning a car, I realized that this is pretty much true anywhere.

My friend managers a tire shop and even thought its like 30 miles away with a ton of stop lights on the way there, I pretty much only go there because I know that my friend wouldn't screw me over and plus I get to chill in the bay. The mad discounts don't hurt ethier. I haven't had good experiences at other places (especially multiple tireplus locations).

I talk to some of the mechanics there and they tell me all kinds of shady stuff that were done at dealerships near my area and at other tire places. Such as if you didn't purchase the top of the line trim at a certain dealership (which my mom purchased a car from several years back!!) they would switch out your brakes will crappy aftermarket brakes and sell the OEM ones as parts to other consumers!
Old 06-11-2007, 01:21 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
it amazes me that it takes something like this to make people realize this happens. This will happen in the MAJORITY of shops around the country. I'm serious too. It does ruin it for great shops though, and gives the hole industry a bad name.

I rememeber thinking I had a good shop, went to have them install a new alternator because I didn't have the time; these guys were complete morons because I even BROUGHT them the alternator, yet they installed a POS used one they had in the back, cleaned it up to look like new, etc.

That was a very interesting conversation with the owner. Let's just say the GM and 2 employees didn't come back the next day. Nearly got in a physical altercation as well
Old 06-11-2007, 01:29 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it amazes me that it takes something like this to make people realize this happens. This will happen in the MAJORITY of shops around the country. I'm serious too. It does ruin it for great shops though, and gives the hole industry a bad name.

I rememeber thinking I had a good shop, went to have them install a new alternator because I didn't have the time; these guys were complete morons because I even BROUGHT them the alternator, yet they installed a POS used one they had in the back, cleaned it up to look like new, etc.

That was a very interesting conversation with the owner. Let's just say the GM and 2 employees didn't come back the next day. Nearly got in a physical altercation as well
Its hard to believe the automotive repair industry is still this shady....

As someone in the "business" I completely agree with your first paragraph. The shady place out number the honest ones and they reflect what the public sees as a repair shop. I think the biggest misconception people have is that the dealership offers the best service, from my experience its the exact opposite - I am sure there are knowledgeable, honest dealerships, but I don't know any.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
This is why i do ALL my own work. That way i know its being done and done correctly!
Old 06-11-2007, 01:36 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
This is why i do ALL my own work. That way i know its being done and done correctly!

I'm the same way...although i've gotten lazy over the years and have a few good friends with shops who do my work. The local gas station on the corner does my oil changes, but I know them very well and they'll even let me use a bay if there is something I need to do on my own (plus they only charge $5 to change my oil with my own oil; worth my time and effort).

The shop that screwed me on the alternator ironically was a shop a friend use to work at and was very good, they then shut down to remodel for 2 months and brought in new management....those guys blew
Old 06-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sadly enought this sort of thing happens alot and the average person doesn't know any better. I've only taken my car (the Subaru, not the CL) to jiffy lube once and only got an oil change (nothing else). If the fuel filter, trans fluid, or anything else needs replaced and I'm busy, I'll take it to the dealer. I also know decent amount of people at the dealerships that I take my cars to so if anything does happen, I'll let them deal with it internally.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
I wish I knew how to do all the work myself otherwise I'd totally go that route.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sly Raskal
I wish I knew how to do all the work myself otherwise I'd totally go that route.
I tried to do the brakes on my wife's Jeep, but w/o the right tools or a garage, it's basically impossible. I really wish we had an AZ shop list in addition to the dealership list. I have a body guy and a mechanic I would trust with any car I have, but they're in Tyler - 4 hrs away - where I'm from. Anyone know of one in Houston?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:15 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

And what I can't do I have my dad help me with. Thanks for teaching me, dad!

And if I ever did need to go to a shop, I'd go to a small town shop instead of a large chain like Jiffy Lube...
Old 06-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by revitupwriteitoff
I tried to do the brakes on my wife's Jeep, but w/o the right tools or a garage, it's basically impossible. I really wish we had an AZ shop list in addition to the dealership list. I have a body guy and a mechanic I would trust with any car I have, but they're in Tyler - 4 hrs away - where I'm from. Anyone know of one in Houston?

I have some of the tools and starting buying more of them to get my "garage" ready to do more stuff on my own. The other problem I have when it comes to doing repairs myself is time. Although I'm somewhat knowledgeable about the parts on a car, when it comes to fixing it I get super anal about it because I don't want to do anything wrong. And because of that it takes me that much longer to actually do the work.

I remember when I installed my Comptech CAI it took me a good 3-4 hours even though it may take someone else that knows more about cars only 1-2. I did the install without any problems, just took a lot longer.

I guess as you do more stuff with your car it gets easier. Its all about making that first jump into it and becoming familiar with your car so that it makes it easier in the future.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:30 PM
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
all i have to say is wow!
Old 06-11-2007, 02:57 PM
The Boss

Funny thing is, at Jiffy Lube... I get free oil changes and hook ups I pay $15 and got everything done. To me, I love Jiffy Lube
Old 06-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by BoostedJack
Funny thing is, at Jiffy Lube... I get free oil changes and hook ups I pay $15 and got everything done. To me, I love Jiffy Lube

did you watch the video? there's a very good chance that they're not changing the oil.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by BoostedJack

do you get this hookup because you own a club...or is it because you have a hot wife

with all the money you have I'm surprised you even try to get a hookup...i'd think you'd want to pay extra just because you have cash to burn
Old 06-11-2007, 03:20 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

pretty much. dealer wants your money more than the independent shops.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Banned

do you get this hookup because you own a club...or is it because you have a hot wife

with all the money you have I'm surprised you even try to get a hookup...i'd think you'd want to pay extra just because you have cash to burn

did you say all that b/c:

1) you just love to brown-nose
2) you really want into his club for free
3) you're just dying to get to 40K posts

Old 06-11-2007, 03:23 PM
teh Senior Instigator

none of the above....but how would my post be brown nosing of any sort?
Old 06-11-2007, 03:24 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by GOOSE
did you watch the video? there's a very good chance that they're not changing the oil.

well he probably knows the people who are working on his car. thats the only thing that is really important.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Im gonna go with 4) none of the above
Old 06-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
I've seen this before, but not at Acurazine.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Banned

what nutless idiot gave me negrep because of a joke & then didn't sign it?

obviously I have no issue w/CLPower - I was merely pointing out that he's <100 posts from 40K. jeezus
Old 06-11-2007, 03:41 PM
teh Senior Instigator

obviously I have no issue w/CLPower - I was merely pointing out that he's <100 posts from 40K. jeezus

okay I do find you a little annoying...but it's a free forum
Old 06-11-2007, 03:44 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts

if you only knew how many posts he really has
Old 06-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Banned

since we're here and all...why don't the reps (positive & negative) automatically sign who gave them? seems logical, but I don't know about programming, etc. Unsigned negreps are just plain obnoxious.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dallison
if you only knew how many posts he really has

yeah...I just came to understand there was another login long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:47 PM
teh Senior Instigator

since we're here and all...why don't the reps (positive & negative) automatically sign who gave them? seems logical, but I don't know about programming, etc. Unsigned negreps are just plain obnoxious.

because I didn't want you to know it was me that gave you the neg rep

<--- benefits of being a mod is you can see who reps you
Old 06-11-2007, 03:50 PM
Banned

because I didn't want you to know it was me that gave you the neg rep

and to think, I was supporting the opinion of said "nutless idiot" in at least one other thread
Old 06-11-2007, 03:53 PM
teh Senior Instigator

and to think, I was supporting the opinion of said "nutless idiot" in at least one other thread

Oh no? You were supporting me in a thread...I better take that neg rep back then....should I bake you a batch of cookies too?

I feel like I've betrayed a best friend

should I have included the red text?
Old 06-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned

lol...yes, red text would've been nice. cookies - no thanks, the wife just made some.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:00 PM
teh Senior Instigator

but yes...to answer the question inside of the negative rep you just gave me..."I can see this"
Old 06-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Banned

but yes...to answer the question inside of the negative rep you just gave me..."I can see this"

I figured that my negrep wouldn't hurt your total points too much. I signed it, but I inserted the " " just in case.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:23 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to think you were a total a$$hole - just for the hell of it. Over time, I realized you can be an a$$hole - and it's often justified.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:20 PM
The Boss

There's a word called "Connection" that you might want to eventually learn.

Money can be better spent elsewhere
Old 06-11-2007, 05:25 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by moeronn

I used to think you were a total a$$hole - just for the hell of it. Over time, I realized you can be an a$$hole - and it's often justified.

Anyone can be an a$$hole online. I don't have a problem of him being an asshole because by the end of the day, he's him, I'm me. It's better to be me than him so go figures.

Quick Reply: Official BoostedJack's fake life thread. see page 5 (formerly Jiffy Lube Owned!!)