Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > Off Topic Discussion > AcuraZine's Hall of Fame
Reload this Page >

Official BoostedJack's fake life thread. see page 5 (formerly Jiffy Lube Owned!!)

Notices

Official BoostedJack's fake life thread. see page 5 (formerly Jiffy Lube Owned!!)

 
 
Old 06-11-2007, 12:40 PM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
TSXEd05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Texas
Age: 49
Posts: 238
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Official BoostedJack's fake life thread. see page 5 (formerly Jiffy Lube Owned!!)

I hope this isn't a repost. Here are another 5 reasons NOT to take your vehicle to Jiffy Lube!
http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vo...52183.200k.asx
TSXEd05 is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 12:42 PM
  #2  
teh Senior Instigator
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,819
Received 499 Likes on 195 Posts
this applies to almost ANY shop out there, including dealers.
CLpower is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 12:58 PM
  #3  
Money is funny.
 
poohlikeshunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: King of Prussia, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 4,166
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seriously...you gotta stay on top of yor shit no matter where you go...dealer...midas...juffy lube...th handful of punks ruin it for all the honorable mechs out there...shame...
poohlikeshunny is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 01:00 PM
  #4  
Senior Moderator
 
LuvMyTSX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NY
Age: 39
Posts: 14,668
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
That kind of thing really burns me. Think of all the people who've been lied to and stiffed out of money. Not to mention possible damage they've done to people's cars. Just goes to show you that you have to be so careful where you take your car.
LuvMyTSX is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 01:15 PM
  #5  
Lamborghini Aventador FTW
iTrader: (4)
 
AMGala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: CT
Age: 34
Posts: 7,597
Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
All those service techs and the district manager should be fired, and Jiffy Lube should be sued for services not rendered.

It makes me want to put hidden cameras in MY car.
AMGala is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 01:18 PM
  #6  
Health's Angels
 
GINge!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Age: 50
Posts: 2,634
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone catch the license plate? Well done!
GINge! is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Azurite (07-03-2011)
Old 06-11-2007, 01:20 PM
  #7  
Uses turn signals in my
 
TCM 01 CL-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,108
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower
this applies to almost ANY shop out there, including dealers.
That is so true, I am only 17 (well 18 in almost one month) and in my small period of owning a car, I realized that this is pretty much true anywhere.

My friend managers a tire shop and even thought its like 30 miles away with a ton of stop lights on the way there, I pretty much only go there because I know that my friend wouldn't screw me over and plus I get to chill in the bay. The mad discounts don't hurt ethier. I haven't had good experiences at other places (especially multiple tireplus locations).

I talk to some of the mechanics there and they tell me all kinds of shady stuff that were done at dealerships near my area and at other tire places. Such as if you didn't purchase the top of the line trim at a certain dealership (which my mom purchased a car from several years back!!) they would switch out your brakes will crappy aftermarket brakes and sell the OEM ones as parts to other consumers!
TCM 01 CL-S is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 01:21 PM
  #8  
teh Senior Instigator
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,819
Received 499 Likes on 195 Posts
it amazes me that it takes something like this to make people realize this happens. This will happen in the MAJORITY of shops around the country. I'm serious too. It does ruin it for great shops though, and gives the hole industry a bad name.


I rememeber thinking I had a good shop, went to have them install a new alternator because I didn't have the time; these guys were complete morons because I even BROUGHT them the alternator, yet they installed a POS used one they had in the back, cleaned it up to look like new, etc.


That was a very interesting conversation with the owner. Let's just say the GM and 2 employees didn't come back the next day. Nearly got in a physical altercation as well
CLpower is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 01:29 PM
  #9  
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ
 
iTimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lexington, KY
Age: 37
Posts: 7,522
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CLpower
it amazes me that it takes something like this to make people realize this happens. This will happen in the MAJORITY of shops around the country. I'm serious too. It does ruin it for great shops though, and gives the hole industry a bad name.


I rememeber thinking I had a good shop, went to have them install a new alternator because I didn't have the time; these guys were complete morons because I even BROUGHT them the alternator, yet they installed a POS used one they had in the back, cleaned it up to look like new, etc.


That was a very interesting conversation with the owner. Let's just say the GM and 2 employees didn't come back the next day. Nearly got in a physical altercation as well
Its hard to believe the automotive repair industry is still this shady....

As someone in the "business" I completely agree with your first paragraph. The shady place out number the honest ones and they reflect what the public sees as a repair shop. I think the biggest misconception people have is that the dealership offers the best service, from my experience its the exact opposite - I am sure there are knowledgeable, honest dealerships, but I don't know any.
iTimmy is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 01:32 PM
  #10  
Senior Moderator
 
fsttyms1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Appleton WI
Age: 44
Posts: 81,354
Received 3,004 Likes on 2,084 Posts
This is why i do ALL my own work. That way i know its being done and done correctly!
fsttyms1 is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 01:36 PM
  #11  
teh Senior Instigator
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,819
Received 499 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
This is why i do ALL my own work. That way i know its being done and done correctly!


I'm the same way...although i've gotten lazy over the years and have a few good friends with shops who do my work. The local gas station on the corner does my oil changes, but I know them very well and they'll even let me use a bay if there is something I need to do on my own (plus they only charge $5 to change my oil with my own oil; worth my time and effort).


The shop that screwed me on the alternator ironically was a shop a friend use to work at and was very good, they then shut down to remodel for 2 months and brought in new management....those guys blew
CLpower is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 01:48 PM
  #12  
Registered Member
 
03silvertypeS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 2,612
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sadly enought this sort of thing happens alot and the average person doesn't know any better. I've only taken my car (the Subaru, not the CL) to jiffy lube once and only got an oil change (nothing else). If the fuel filter, trans fluid, or anything else needs replaced and I'm busy, I'll take it to the dealer. I also know decent amount of people at the dealerships that I take my cars to so if anything does happen, I'll let them deal with it internally.
03silvertypeS is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 02:02 PM
  #13  
Administrator
iTrader: (1)
 
Sly Raskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fontana, California
Age: 42
Posts: 30,994
Received 581 Likes on 345 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
This is why i do ALL my own work. That way i know its being done and done correctly!
I wish I knew how to do all the work myself otherwise I'd totally go that route.
Sly Raskal is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 02:11 PM
  #14  
Banned
 
revitupwriteitoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 36
Posts: 7,257
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sly Raskal
I wish I knew how to do all the work myself otherwise I'd totally go that route.
I tried to do the brakes on my wife's Jeep, but w/o the right tools or a garage, it's basically impossible. I really wish we had an AZ shop list in addition to the dealership list. I have a body guy and a mechanic I would trust with any car I have, but they're in Tyler - 4 hrs away - where I'm from. Anyone know of one in Houston?
revitupwriteitoff is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 02:15 PM
  #15  
1919
 
Scottman111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 21,468
Likes: 0
Received 160 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
This is why i do ALL my own work. That way i know its being done and done correctly!

And what I can't do I have my dad help me with. Thanks for teaching me, dad!


And if I ever did need to go to a shop, I'd go to a small town shop instead of a large chain like Jiffy Lube...
Scottman111 is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 02:20 PM
  #16  
Administrator
iTrader: (1)
 
Sly Raskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fontana, California
Age: 42
Posts: 30,994
Received 581 Likes on 345 Posts
Originally Posted by revitupwriteitoff
I tried to do the brakes on my wife's Jeep, but w/o the right tools or a garage, it's basically impossible. I really wish we had an AZ shop list in addition to the dealership list. I have a body guy and a mechanic I would trust with any car I have, but they're in Tyler - 4 hrs away - where I'm from. Anyone know of one in Houston?


I have some of the tools and starting buying more of them to get my "garage" ready to do more stuff on my own. The other problem I have when it comes to doing repairs myself is time. Although I'm somewhat knowledgeable about the parts on a car, when it comes to fixing it I get super anal about it because I don't want to do anything wrong. And because of that it takes me that much longer to actually do the work.

I remember when I installed my Comptech CAI it took me a good 3-4 hours even though it may take someone else that knows more about cars only 1-2. I did the install without any problems, just took a lot longer.

I guess as you do more stuff with your car it gets easier. Its all about making that first jump into it and becoming familiar with your car so that it makes it easier in the future.
Sly Raskal is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 02:30 PM
  #17  
ENGAGE MY VTEC BABY!!!!!!
 
97Acura3.0CL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Tracy, Ca
Age: 39
Posts: 6,975
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all i have to say is wow!
97Acura3.0CL is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 02:57 PM
  #18  
The Boss
 
BustedJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jack City
Age: 40
Posts: 4,378
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny thing is, at Jiffy Lube... I get free oil changes and hook ups I pay $15 and got everything done. To me, I love Jiffy Lube
BustedJack is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:10 PM
  #19  
Registered Member
 
GOOSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BoostedJack
Funny thing is, at Jiffy Lube... I get free oil changes and hook ups I pay $15 and got everything done. To me, I love Jiffy Lube

did you watch the video? there's a very good chance that they're not changing the oil.
GOOSE is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
  #20  
teh Senior Instigator
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,819
Received 499 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by BoostedJack
Funny thing is, at Jiffy Lube... I get free oil changes and hook ups I pay $15 and got everything done. To me, I love Jiffy Lube

do you get this hookup because you own a club...or is it because you have a hot wife




with all the money you have I'm surprised you even try to get a hookup...i'd think you'd want to pay extra just because you have cash to burn
CLpower is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:20 PM
  #21  
One on the right for me
 
subinf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 35
Posts: 27,557
Received 166 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower
this applies to almost ANY shop out there, including dealers.

pretty much. dealer wants your money more than the independent shops.
subinf is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:21 PM
  #22  
Banned
 
revitupwriteitoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 36
Posts: 7,257
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower
do you get this hookup because you own a club...or is it because you have a hot wife




with all the money you have I'm surprised you even try to get a hookup...i'd think you'd want to pay extra just because you have cash to burn

did you say all that b/c:

1) you just love to brown-nose
2) you really want into his club for free
3) you're just dying to get to 40K posts












revitupwriteitoff is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:23 PM
  #23  
teh Senior Instigator
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,819
Received 499 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by revitupwriteitoff
did you say all that b/c:

1) you just love to brown-nose
2) you really want into his club for free
3) you're just dying to get to 40K posts


none of the above....but how would my post be brown nosing of any sort?
CLpower is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:24 PM
  #24  
One on the right for me
 
subinf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 35
Posts: 27,557
Received 166 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by GOOSE
did you watch the video? there's a very good chance that they're not changing the oil.

well he probably knows the people who are working on his car. thats the only thing that is really important.
subinf is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:25 PM
  #25  
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader
 
trancemission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dallas TX
Age: 48
Posts: 8,860
Received 179 Likes on 115 Posts
Im gonna go with 4) none of the above
trancemission is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:28 PM
  #26  
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)
iTrader: (1)
 
gatrhumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 39
Posts: 33,424
Received 1,151 Likes on 777 Posts
I've seen this before, but not at Acurazine.
gatrhumpy is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:34 PM
  #27  
Banned
 
revitupwriteitoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 36
Posts: 7,257
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what nutless idiot gave me negrep because of a joke & then didn't sign it?

obviously I have no issue w/CLPower - I was merely pointing out that he's <100 posts from 40K. jeezus
revitupwriteitoff is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:41 PM
  #28  
teh Senior Instigator
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,819
Received 499 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by revitupwriteitoff
obviously I have no issue w/CLPower - I was merely pointing out that he's <100 posts from 40K. jeezus

okay I do find you a little annoying...but it's a free forum
CLpower is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:44 PM
  #29  
registered pw
 
dallison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: south central pa
Age: 44
Posts: 38,629
Received 270 Likes on 203 Posts
Originally Posted by revitupwriteitoff
did you say all that b/c:

1) you just love to brown-nose
2) you really want into his club for free
3) you're just dying to get to 40K posts

if you only knew how many posts he really has
dallison is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:45 PM
  #30  
Banned
 
revitupwriteitoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 36
Posts: 7,257
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
since we're here and all...why don't the reps (positive & negative) automatically sign who gave them? seems logical, but I don't know about programming, etc. Unsigned negreps are just plain obnoxious.
revitupwriteitoff is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:47 PM
  #31  
Banned
 
revitupwriteitoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 36
Posts: 7,257
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dallison
if you only knew how many posts he really has

yeah...I just came to understand there was another login long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.
revitupwriteitoff is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:47 PM
  #32  
teh Senior Instigator
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,819
Received 499 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by revitupwriteitoff
since we're here and all...why don't the reps (positive & negative) automatically sign who gave them? seems logical, but I don't know about programming, etc. Unsigned negreps are just plain obnoxious.

because I didn't want you to know it was me that gave you the neg rep



<--- benefits of being a mod is you can see who reps you
CLpower is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:50 PM
  #33  
Banned
 
revitupwriteitoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 36
Posts: 7,257
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower
because I didn't want you to know it was me that gave you the neg rep


and to think, I was supporting the opinion of said "nutless idiot" in at least one other thread
revitupwriteitoff is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:53 PM
  #34  
teh Senior Instigator
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,819
Received 499 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by revitupwriteitoff


and to think, I was supporting the opinion of said "nutless idiot" in at least one other thread


Oh no? You were supporting me in a thread...I better take that neg rep back then....should I bake you a batch of cookies too?


I feel like I've betrayed a best friend













should I have included the red text?
CLpower is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 03:56 PM
  #35  
Banned
 
revitupwriteitoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 36
Posts: 7,257
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol...yes, red text would've been nice. cookies - no thanks, the wife just made some.
revitupwriteitoff is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 04:00 PM
  #36  
teh Senior Instigator
 
CLpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 43,819
Received 499 Likes on 195 Posts
but yes...to answer the question inside of the negative rep you just gave me..."I can see this"
CLpower is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 04:04 PM
  #37  
Banned
 
revitupwriteitoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 36
Posts: 7,257
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower
but yes...to answer the question inside of the negative rep you just gave me..."I can see this"

I figured that my negrep wouldn't hurt your total points too much. I signed it, but I inserted the " " just in case.
revitupwriteitoff is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 04:23 PM
  #38  
is learning to moonwalk i
 
moeronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 15,522
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower
do you get this hookup because you own a club...or is it because you have a hot wife




with all the money you have I'm surprised you even try to get a hookup...i'd think you'd want to pay extra just because you have cash to burn


I used to think you were a total a$$hole - just for the hell of it. Over time, I realized you can be an a$$hole - and it's often justified.
moeronn is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 05:20 PM
  #39  
The Boss
 
BustedJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jack City
Age: 40
Posts: 4,378
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CLpower
do you get this hookup because you own a club...or is it because you have a hot wife
with all the money you have I'm surprised you even try to get a hookup...i'd think you'd want to pay extra just because you have cash to burn
There's a word called "Connection" that you might want to eventually learn.

Money can be better spent elsewhere
BustedJack is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 05:25 PM
  #40  
The Boss
 
BustedJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jack City
Age: 40
Posts: 4,378
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by moeronn


I used to think you were a total a$$hole - just for the hell of it. Over time, I realized you can be an a$$hole - and it's often justified.

Anyone can be an a$$hole online. I don't have a problem of him being an asshole because by the end of the day, he's him, I'm me. It's better to be me than him so go figures.
BustedJack is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official BoostedJack's fake life thread. see page 5 (formerly Jiffy Lube Owned!!)


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.