Need LOTS of help, big problem, advice needed(parents would be more helpful)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by GoDucksCLSPride
This kid is Hilarious! Ian for Pres!!!

Bush is an intellectual giant in comparison.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:49 PM
You touch my tra la la...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL

I would hope so. Ian is 16 and Bush is 58.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by GaleForce
I would hope so. Ian is 16 and Bush is 58.
The older you get, the more you realize that 58 year old people aren't necessarily smarter
Old 10-21-2004, 06:57 PM
I keeps it real

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i thought so, i wouldnt have nominated Ian
Old 10-21-2004, 07:07 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by fla-tls
Here's a nice 5 series. It needs a little work, but then work builds character.

First of i'd like to say that no one deserves that car right there...lol... unless the engine is good... and it atleast runs good... looks isn't everything... that might be a great car...

Ken...

Ian... all i can tell you right now is... it doesn't matter how it takes those curves down to you school... you should be happy to atleast know that your parents will most likley get you a year 2000+ car regardless of what kind it is... I had to drive a 1988 Chevy Astro Van... now that takes the twisties like a porshe... my mom got rid of it for the 98 Accord Coupe V6...

The moral to this thread is: No matter what your parents get you... you should appreciate it because they got it for you with their sweat...(in other words, by working their ass off...)

Oh and with the post that says/implies: I come back just to see what Ian will say next...
Old 10-21-2004, 07:24 PM
Banned

i agree, i will cherish what i get. I just hope its something good.

btw: i do understand that asking for a BMW is alot. Maybe I should just find a TLS anyone want to sell theirs cheap??
Old 10-21-2004, 08:37 PM
All go, no show

Originally Posted by Ianbiz3
i agree, i will cherish what i get. I just hope its something good.

btw: i do understand that asking for a BMW is alot. Maybe I should just find a TLS anyone want to sell theirs cheap??
A used TL-S will cost about as much as a used 3 series.

Hmmm...I'll give you my TL for free if you let me kick you in the junk about 67 times.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
You want to punch your dad in the face for not buying you something cheaper than an $80,000+ car at the age of 16??? You deserve a TL?? For what?? Doing your homework???

Here's Buy yourself a clue.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:20 PM
TL no more!

Originally Posted by Ianbiz3
I drove my freinds 325i to school, the car handels very good around turns and ok.. on the staright parts. I got it up to 80 with my mom in the car and she thought I was doing 50. I ussaly get the TL up to 85-90 daily when i drive it 2 skool, it feels so stable at that speed.
Dude, you said you're doing very well in school? If that's the case, the teachers there need their asses kicked!! Learn some grammar! I'm sure the word "handels" is an innocent typo.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:59 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Mr Hyde
? Doing your homework???

seems like he didn't do enough homework..

he gets an F- for Life/Reality.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:09 PM
Burning Brakes

face it kid, you are MIDDLEclass. your parents dont have enough disposable income to buy you or themeselves an M5.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:14 PM
I keeps it real

Originally Posted by ferrari527
face it kid, you are MIDDLEclass. your parents dont have enough disposable income to buy you or themeselves an M5.
Actually, i believe that would qualify as discretionary income but point taken none the less.

This kid is a tragedy to Florida's education system.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:21 PM
I slap people

wow.. this is a long ass thread.. anyway.. m5!!?? Holy shitake mushrooms. u should take the "car money" your parents are givin' ya and throw it in a piggy bank. Save it up.. in the meantime go get a civic. saving = get rich. I am 21 yrs old with a 04 TL... although i love my car, i might sell it to save money for a house. Cars have depreciation, and houses have the opposite. meehh!!
Old 10-22-2004, 12:50 AM
WDP Is Faster

I guess I'll just give my input on this since probably half of the members on this forum have already ahha.

My opinion..(just like 3/4 of the opinions stated here)...You don't need such a car when your 16. Why would you even need such a car at this age? Is it to drive to school and hanging out with friends? Man..if it's for that reason..why don't you get a goddamn civic. That thing will get you to point A to point B at the same time. Roads do have goddam speed limits...

A lil info about me...I'm 17 ..turning 18 next month. I got my license on my 16th birthday..i was damn lucky..my parents weren't gonna let me get a license until I turned 18. I've been driving a 1986 Ford Taurus ever since I got my license. My parents bought a 2002 TL-S for my bro..then a year later a RSX-S cuz he finally realized that he didn't need such a car to just go to college and stuff. I must admit..I drive both of those nice cars whenever I need/want to. BUT...it sure isn't as comfortable as driving my Taurus. I get really paranoid parking at certain places..scared that people will key my car..park too close and etc. Whenever I drive my Taurus..damn man..who gives a fuck..I park wherever..however I want. I drive however I like too. To tell you the truth..at this age..I love my Taurus to death. I'd drive it over the M5 or any other car..even the other two cars my parents have. Why? Too much trouble driving those cars. You gotta reallize..there are so many haters in high school and college..they'll fuck your car up if they don't like you or they're jealous of what you have. Too much emotional pain if you found out your "m5" got keyed if you (if ever) or your parents bought you it right?

About your grades and you being good..I and I'm pretty sure a lot of poeple that have already read this..don't give a fuck if you get straight A's in high school..and you being such a good ass boy. I knew an old time friend who was never really considered a person to be "social"..he had only few good trusting friends. He got straight A's through elementary, junior, and high school. The only B he ever got was in Junior High..(only one B in his school career so far)..he cried like hell. He became validictorian..won many educational awards..national honor society..perfect sat scores..sat II scores too. He volunteered at many places..gave respect to everyone (which you don't have)..Point is...he never got a car. In fact..he wanted one so bad..but his parents turned him down. He was never even given a chance to get his license.(he still doesn't have one) In fact..he was never rewarded for what achievements he had accomplished. He was expected to go to Harvard just like his bigger bro and sis)..he didn't get it..he "ended" up in UCLA..he ended up being a "dissapointment" to his family. When I think about it..I think his parents were really smart. Think about how much of a sacrifice those kids have made in order to go to such highly regarded school(s). After their done with that..they're gonna end up with so much bank..they're not gonne even consider m5's..they'll be buying ferrarris and whatever in the near future. They'll actually be successful.

Point is.. M5 at teh age of 16 ain't gonna get you anywhere...it doesn't matter what the fuck you do in life RIGHT NOW at the age at 16. Only importance in life right now for you should be your damn education and living life like a teen.. With education and where you end up..you can end up with more than just M5's. or whatever crap you wanna drive. Why bother about waht cars you're gonna get now? Complete waste just looking up and researching it. Get a real life. Make friends. Go out party..plan for the future... live a life..

good luck..I really hope you make the right decision.

Reloaded.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:54 AM
Race Director

with everything he said, and what date is your birthday? November what?
Old 10-22-2004, 01:01 AM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
see i agree with reloaded, ppl have the right to state their opinion but in a nicer way, not just be mean to the guy.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by AcuraTLjatt559
see i agree with reloaded, ppl have the right to state their opinion but in a nicer way, not just be mean to the guy.
Its not so much as being mean, but he needs a good dose of reality. He's out to lunch in that respect.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:10 AM
00' WDP BABY!!!

i would be happy with a bmw 318... its better than nothin... an m5 is too expensive and think of the insurance. i had a 328i and it was too expensive and plus the insurance killed me... and i was 17 at the time. and trust me, you do not want any expensive bmw as with all bmw's, they break down alot and its gonna cost a fortune to fix it. even an oil change costed me over 100.
you should not complain about getting a 318 and not getting a m5... thats just too greedy and you just barely turned 16... be glad of what ur getting for your first car cus not too many parents would even buy a nice 318 for their 16 yr olds. and punch him in the face cus he was gonna get u that car? what the fuck? dont bitch about not getting what u want. u cant get whatever you want in this would... u gotta work for it and esp. when its not even your money.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:13 AM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Its not so much as being mean, but he needs a good dose of reality. He's out to lunch in that respect.
and ur point is?

lol just kidding
Old 10-22-2004, 01:15 AM
I keeps it real

Originally Posted by AcuraTLjatt559
I agree with your nicer way comment. Nobody deserves to be chastized for their opinion, after all we all have them.

However, this tard does deserve to be put in his respective place for comments such as, "I was so mad i wanted to punch my dad." I gaurantee thats where we all lost it. Without it, he would have received more respectful commentary despite how rediculous his concern was.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:16 AM
Race Director

man this threads still open?
Old 10-22-2004, 01:20 AM
I keeps it real

Originally Posted by Raheel
man this threads still open?
I dont think this thread will ever die as long as Ian keeps posting. His posts are so refreshingly retarded, i kinda get a kick out of them.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:24 AM
00' WDP BABY!!!

when i got my license at 17, i was driving a beat up 98' altima... i come from, as you may say, like a rich family w/ big house and stuff, parents and older siblings drive a porsche cayenne s and e55amg. and you know what they all said when i wanted a new car? they told my ass to fuckin work for that shit. i started saving when i was 17 and 2 years later, i worked my fucking ass off everyday saving to by my TL. i managed to save 15k to buy a TL...
yes, my family had lots of money, but it doesnt mean they HAVE to get one for you. its their choice cus its their money.
and on top of that, i had plenty of bills to pay too when i was 17 so it wasnt easy. when u grow a little older, you'll eventually see how hard life is and u cant get whatever the fuck u want.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:26 AM
00' WDP BABY!!!

Originally Posted by PenguinQX
Yeah, reading his stuff has become a perverted pleasure for me.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:49 AM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
wow, i wish i had rich parents. get a job and see just how long it takes to get an M5
Old 10-22-2004, 02:57 AM
WDP Is Faster

Originally Posted by Raheel
with everything he said, and what date is your birthday? November what?

November 18, 1986.

Well yea..I forgot to mention. It really doesn't matter how fuckin rich you are. If you don't know how to use your money wisely, then you'll probably end up fucked in the ass in the long run. I know some people who actually bought a high end BMWs after their first couple of paychecks in the "real world." Do I give a shit? Hell no..they fuckin live in apartments now. They're starting to struggle with their income and etc. I could laugh at their asses now.

The sad thing is that I see so many people drive nice ass high end cars..and end up pulling into apartments..cuz they live there. If they were so fuckin smart in the beginning..maybe they should've invested or bought a decent home to live in; rather than paying month by month.

Fortunately (and I'm not trying to brag at all)..my parents were smart enough to invest in houses. My mom came to America from China and had struggled to get a degree in college. She worked day in, day out with over 20 units in college..plus everyday working to live the "dream life" compared to the people back in China. My dad came to America with only one luggage case..and worked his ass off too. Went to college..worked on a farm. This was all when they were age 16-20 years old. They started off small..investing in a small ass apt....then overtime, eventually was able to buy couple other houses. I won't mention the value..but let's just say that the value of the house (because of my parent's hard work of cleaning it up and stuff) has more than doubled the value of the house. That mean $$$. Perrsonally..it makes my life look like shit since high school year..all i've been doing was spending money.. I haven't done anything comparable to what my parents did. I was never smart enough to realize (until now) how much they had worked for me to be able to just have dinner every night and a decent house to live under.. On top of that..their supporting three kids. My older bro, me, and my lil bro.

To tell you my opinion Ian..if your parents had enough money to buy you a M5 or something over $30,000 (atleast), if they were smart enough..they would get you a civic..and invest in something that will increase your parent's income. It's literally the only way to go now in America. You're not living in a dreamworld where you can get anything you whenever you want. You gotta realize that life in "REALITY" is getting much more competitive and economy is at it's worse . Wasting money on useless "toys" is not the smart way to go.

Reloaded.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:06 AM
00' WDP BABY!!!

yep... i agree reloaded... my parents came from china too but they came when they were older and invested in houses too... we have a few in nyc and a few in arizona.. and no, its not easy to come by especially if u are poor, or were poor. it took them over20 years to get to where they are now when they came... oh and i have 3 older sisters too... not easy to support 4 kids in a new land with no money and no knowledge of the language. so think about it, alot of other people had it harder than u... and yes i know ur at a point where ur "stressing" and "struggling" alot but from where i see it, thats all bullshit and get a reality check.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:32 AM
A$IAN_CHICKEN

Ian, you're a fuckin' idiot bitch and if I saw you in person, I'd slap some sense into you.

Fuck you piss me off..... do you even realize the things you're saying? You go off sayin' how you're responsible and shit, then you talkin about drivin' at 90 daily to school.... Your marks are so good? Well, from readin' what you write, your grammer and spellin' ain't too shit hot....

What a fuckin' spoiled bitch....
Old 10-22-2004, 12:10 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i have a retard cousin that swore to me up and down that he was getting an M5 when he turned 16. I was like you do know that they are like 80 grand brand new. he didnt care. When he turned 16 he drove a fucked up corolla, i was like where's the M5 now idiot. He said he's saving.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:28 PM
On the way!

He could always slap an ///M5 badge on the 'ole Corrola.

<- rice....
Old 10-22-2004, 12:49 PM
00' WDP BABY!!!

Old 10-22-2004, 12:50 PM
00' WDP BABY!!!

Originally Posted by fla-tls
He could always slap an ///M5 badge on the 'ole Corrola.

<- rice....
Old 10-22-2004, 04:40 PM
I slap people

yea with ian's grammar and spelling.. i cannot believe he could get his A's. you sure you'll get a car? lol
Old 10-22-2004, 07:25 PM
100k miles club

he gets an "A" for Affort
Old 10-23-2004, 12:54 AM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
Ian, I'm going to solve your problem.

Use the "Dear Abby" approach. Print out this thread, and show it to him. Talk about your feelings and the insensitive cruelty that he (perhaps unknowingly) dealt you. Show him the abuse that he's heaped on you from the Internet community. Talk to him about what it's done to your self-esteem, which can now only be elevated by a minimum of 396 hp at the beck and call of your right foot. Tell him all about how you've been really really working on your homework and mountain biking for almost a whole semester.

He'll understand, and I'm sure then you'll get your M5. Let us all know how it turns out. We all care, young brother.

Mike
Old 10-23-2004, 02:34 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by svtmike
Ian, I'm going to solve your problem.

Use the "Dear Abby" approach. Print out this thread, and show it to him. Talk about your feelings and the insensitive cruelty that he (perhaps unknowingly) dealt you. Show him the abuse that he's heaped on you from the Internet community. Talk to him about what it's done to your self-esteem, which can now only be elevated by a minimum of 396 hp at the beck and call of your right foot. Tell him all about how you've been really really working on your homework and mountain biking for almost a whole semester.

He'll understand, and I'm sure then you'll get your M5. Let us all know how it turns out. We all care, young brother.

Mike
Oh and if the above doesn't happen and you get the belt... make sure you digi-record it... we would all like to see that too... ...

The belt... sure brings back memories... but nothing is worse then running from your mother... the first thing she finds... will most likely be making contact with the back of your head...
Old 10-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Gi-Yeah!

man, when i'm almost 18 now and i drive an 03 civic. it is a great car and i really appreciate it. i don't understand why u need such a nice car. if you're a smart kid then u will prolly go away for college. you won't need a car in college. its just a waste of parents money, for u to drive a nice car for less than 2 years. if you get the 325 or tl-s you'll have a nicer car than ur mom, which i think is completely wrong. parents work hard to provide for their kids and they are the ones that should be awarded.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:26 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by GoDucksCLSPride
I dont think this thread will ever die as long as Ian keeps posting. His posts are so refreshingly retarded, i kinda get a kick out of them.
I love reading this post just for a good laugh. I think he needs a reality check. BTW Ian, I just called your Dad and he said "You ain't gettin' shit!" lol
Old 10-23-2004, 10:34 AM
Resident Volkswagen Dork™

I know I'm late on this thread but I have this to say:

Boo fucking hoo. Blow me and get a job. No one's parents would possibly say "No, you can't work" if you actually asked them.

"Dad, can I get a job?"
"No you little fucker, you're going to sit on your ass and beg me for money constantly."

Responsibility? Please. Welcome to the real world.
Old 10-23-2004, 11:13 AM
You touch my tra la la...

Originally Posted by ShadyUpInSmoke
"Dad, can I get a job?"
"No you little fucker, you're going to sit on your ass and beg me for money constantly."
ROFL that had me laughing pretty good.

Quick Reply: Need LOTS of help, big problem, advice needed(parents would be more helpful)