Need LOTS of help, big problem, advice needed(parents would be more helpful)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 09:46 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by GaleForce
I'm 17 and I don't think my parents were obligated to get me a car.
i'm just saying let it go, he's only 16, everyone have said enough, so its time to move on.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:48 PM
You touch my tra la la...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not trying to drag it out and beat a dead horse or anything. Just thought I had to give my 2 cents because this thread is the stereotypical 16-17 year old kid getting a nice car type of thing and its the reason my age group keeps being criticized like this.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Ian, I do not see how good grades justify gettin a car? Also from the way your spell out your life all you do is sit at home and study, so basically you only need a vehicle to take you to and from school. You act like you are respectful then say you want to punch your dad for saying no to an M5?!?! WTF is wrong with you? Any BMW is not a simple car, whatever you say. Sure many of us our blessed to receive an awesome car from our parents, but frankly, you are going at it all wrong. I agree with GaleForce, stop making us look bad.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AcuraTLjatt559
i'm just saying let it go, he's only 16, everyone have said enough, so its time to move on.
Dude Jatt, he keeps telling us he is really mature and smart, so I dont think we should stop because he is 16. He needs a big ass reality check right now.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Advanced

oh, actually, what year m5 r u looking at?
-ALex
Old 10-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Racer

just get what they give you.. a 318i or a bicycle, just take it. If u don't want it, then dont' complain.

it's not your money so put up with it.

What makes you think getting A's and doing stuff for him is worth $55k+ out of his pocket?
Old 10-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Old 10-20-2004, 10:12 PM
Boy Genius

Mom, dad? My grades have been really good for the past several years, I do all the chores, help look after the household, but I'm 16 now and want a car, and was wondering if you could help me out. I'd really like a BMW... What? You want to hand me down the minivan? Well, sure! I'll take it, but my girlfriend's dad probably isn't too keen on me picking her up in that...

So, yeah, that was how it went for me more than 10 years ago, but you know what, it got me around and given inexperienced a driver I still was, it was a good thing. Many years later, I did finally get a TL (used, I might add), and I loved it because I knew it was all mine and it was just that much sweeter. Ian, if you really are as smart and hardworking as you say you are, the good things will come in time.

Oh, and I second the 62 Lincoln Continental idea - suicide doors rock!
Old 10-20-2004, 10:40 PM
All go, no show

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TIme to lose some civility and let it out.

Yeah, well when i was 16 (just 3 yrs ago!) I was a straight A student and all that good shit. That was also when I got a 1600 on the SATs. You know what I got for that? A NEW BICYCLE. And you know what? I almost pissed myself I was so happy. BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOUR PARENTS GIVE YOU. 16 isn't that young.. GROW THE FUCK UP ALREADY.

Am I the only one here who's getting sick of Ian's idiotic threads? I mean, this isn't an isolated incident. I've noticed this moron repeatedly goes off jibber-jabbering about nonsense and acts like a total TOOL.

Although I must say, it's become so ridiculous it's actually amusing now.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:00 PM
Who Dis Is?

^^^^ Shit! 1600 on the SAT's good for you mang, not many people like you. I don't go by the SAT's I think they're a horseshit way of determining your skills and future, but props for you bustin out a 1600.

As for IAN. Dude, are you serious? Honestly. What the hell are you pissed about? If my kid asked me for an M5 I would laugh in his face and put a pile of shit under his pillow while he was sleeping. An M5 is a hell of a car. 394 Bhp is not the kind of car you want an inexperienced driver having. My dad has a 2000 M5 and lets me drive it quite often since he knows I baby the shit out of my TL and I love performance. I'm freaking ecstatic when I get to drive it. It makes it feel like christmas. That car is not what you want. I guarantee you'll drive like an idiot in it and crash. Plus, you prolly don't know how to drive a stick well and would grind it until you got to your thrid clutch till you finally got the hang of it.
Over all, find something more fitting than an M5. If you do get it and end up crashin don't post about it. I'll cry
Old 10-20-2004, 11:03 PM
I keeps it real

Originally Posted by PenguinQX

Yeah, well when i was 16 (just 3 yrs ago!) I was a straight A student and all that good shit. That was also when I got a 1600 on the SATs. You know what I got for that? A NEW BICYCLE. And you know what? I almost pissed myself I was so happy. BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOUR PARENTS GIVE YOU. 16 isn't that young.. GROW THE FUCK UP ALREADY.

Am I the only one here who's getting sick of Ian's idiotic threads? I mean, this isn't an isolated incident. I've noticed this moron repeatedly goes off jibber-jabbering about nonsense and acts like a total TOOL.

I feel you man, I said my peace on page 2 and ill leave it at that. Although his continued idiotic posts have proven that we are wasting our breath.

Im not sure what they are teaching at this school of his but i cant imagine the average 16 year old kid is as dull-whitted.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:17 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
You want an M5? Go find a job and buy it yourself. If they were to buy such a vehicle for you, I'd call it VERY bad parenting.

So no, I have no pity for you. In fact, this thread's only redeeming value is the maturity shown by the other posters.

im young to and even though i didnt buy my TL all myself i paid a lil more than half working 2 jobs.

if u really want a car dat badly then get a job bro. ur parents dont "need" to buy u anything. u should be doing what they need you to and getting good grades since they do put a roof over ur head.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

From what i have read, i've seen everyone gang up on that poor 16 year old... and let me say this and get it off my chest and out of my system...

ITS THE FUNNIEST THREAD I'VE READ SO FAR!!!

Ok now that thats settled... let me get serious and i'd like to say that i pitty this teenager due to the fact that he doesn't know the value of what his parents are going to get him or try to give him...(civic, sentra, cavalier, station wagon...) To tell you the truth i think that whatever your parents get you, you should treasure it because they are getting it for you for a reason... if its not a pre-grad present or for good grades etc... then it must be because they care for you (also known as "love" on occasion)... still, when you parents buy whatever car for you it should be special for you, why??? because your parents bought it just for you and it might be the most expensive gift they'll get you besides giving you life, which nothing will ever top that... then again... it doesn't have to be expensive to show they care... as long as they get you something you need... like a very wise teenager once said in a moive ***coughInitialDcough*** Tak: "It has for wheels and it drives, what more can you want?" hope you understand the meaning of that quote...

I know this, even at my young age of 21 because i been through this... and i bet, regardless of any insulting replies they've done to you becasue of this thread, a lot of the members here have gone through the same thing... ask anyone here if their parents bought them the car they've always wanted and dreamed about... the answer about 75 to 95% will be NO... I didn't want my Acura when my dad bought me it... i wanted a Cadillac because thats the car i've always wanted... I drove the Acura and it grew on me, dispite my love for the Cadillac... I got my Acura at 18 and a half years later after working my ass off, i found and bought my 1983 Cadillac Coupe DeVille built March 25th 1983 (my B-day March 25th 1983 ) still, as much love as i have for my Caddy i will never sell or abandon my Acura... WHY??? because it was the first car my Father ever bought me... it has more to me then $$$ value... no money in the world can get me away from my TL... except $10,000,000... but thats besides the fact...

Hope you can understand that the car you want (M5)... isn't the car you need... because its not the car your father(parents) want to get for you...

Back on topic:
If you want them to get that car for you... go get a job and keep it for about 2 paychecks and give half to your dad... or what your monthly payment would be for an M5... Then tell him/them that you are willing to pay the monthly payment as long as they cover the insurance for you until you are out of school or leave the house... and remember, like many members have already said, not a lot of kids/people's parents are lucky enough to buy their child a car... i was one of the lucky few that have parents that can actually afford a nice car and not a junky that has to me serviced every time you drive it... appreciate what your parents are going to give you... and think about what everyone is saying on this thread... some of it is very good advice... good luck on getting a car... any car...
Old 10-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Originally Posted by Ianbiz3
I am over it. All I want is a simple 01+ 325i or the coupe or a 02+TLS
It's not what you want, it's what you're going to GET!
Old 10-20-2004, 11:28 PM
Race Director

People on AI are tired of him, so he came here, Heres a thread I made about him, before he started posting and became a whore here

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94129
Old 10-20-2004, 11:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
As much as I can't stand reading all this bullshit, I reference this post to the movie by Howard Stern, "Private Parts". When they asked about the ratings, they were sky high, yet people couldn't stand him...Why? The number one answer was "We wanted to hear what he was going to say next". That's what this thread is to me...I just gotta hear what other nonsense this kid has to say..
Old 10-21-2004, 12:18 AM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
well i didnt get my license till i was junior in high school..... if any body cares
Old 10-21-2004, 01:52 AM
Who Dis Is?

^^^ hey you got your posts back. Or was that you o well.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:57 AM
Who Dis Is?

Ok we gotta clear this up. For all the people saying the M5 is a 6 figure car. It ISNT. Brand new it's 75K and I've seen a couple used 2000's for 38K (usually around 50). Even the 2006 is going to be just below 80K. Sorry it was just buggin me. O yea this kid still doesn't need a F-ing M5. Parents need to buy him a 1990 Geo Metro Convertable. Now that's cool
Old 10-21-2004, 03:24 AM
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 249 Posts

First of all, there's just about a billion things wrong with Ian's deal. But you guys seem to have covered the moral and social aspects pretty thoroughly. No need beating a dead horse.

My first car was an old ass Ford Probe. The front bumper was wired on with coat hangers. I was always taking it apart to try and fix it or tweak it. I learned so much from that POS. I imagine the only way somebody could learn more would be by working at a mechanic's shop.

Is this true for any of you guys too? This is another reason, for me, why a shitty beater car is what everybody should start out with.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:34 AM
On the way!

Here's a nice 5 series. It needs a little work, but then work builds character.

Old 10-21-2004, 10:48 AM
100k miles club

my first car was a 1989 Nissan Pulsar, Sportbak. at first i was disappointed but then realize i should appreciate everything given to me. i loved that car. during long trips, i had a friend sit in the back and a boom box on his lap. that was our sound system since it only had a AM/FM radio. kinda funny that it was the same color as the 5 series fla-tls posted :lol:. another cool thing about that car, it was in gran turismo. slow ass car but i was proud that it was part of a game. she is now in heaven after totalling her coz some student driver failed to yield. i should look for the pics and post them. ah, how i miss that car. it's like a first girlfriend :'(
Old 10-21-2004, 02:10 PM
All go, no show

Originally Posted by Shoofin'TL
As much as I can't stand reading all this bullshit, I reference this post to the movie by Howard Stern, "Private Parts". When they asked about the ratings, they were sky high, yet people couldn't stand him...Why? The number one answer was "We wanted to hear what he was going to say next". That's what this thread is to me...I just gotta hear what other nonsense this kid has to say..
Yeah, reading his stuff has become a perverted pleasure for me.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Happy with my STi!

Hey guys, as many of you know I am 16 years old, and live in Florida, I have been 16 for over 6months now.

Since I turned 16, I have been wanting a car. I have done what ever my parents wanted me to. My dad said if I got all A's in my junior year (this year) I could get a BMW. He didn't specify which one, all along I thought I was going to get a M5. The other day I was showing my brother one and he says I wasn't going to buy you a M5 I was going to buy you a 318i. I was like wtf and wanted to punch him. But i held myself back.

I want a BMW 3seris, I find these cars quite nice, and my mom has a TL so I will drive it when I want. I have been find 01+ for around 20grand.

This is what I need help with.
I need ideas/techniques to get the message across to my parents that I need a car, and they should buy it for me.

I asked them if I could get a job, they said no. They only sources of income I have is lunch money, and my computer building which hardly noone wants a computer from me
I am starting a "fund" for myself, its called the "help Ian buy a car fund", if anyone wants to donate let me know.

I have worked my ass off trying to get in shape and do good in school. School comes first of course which I dont know about anymore. I get home at 4:30 from school, eat for 15- 30mins and then do homework untill around 5:45 / 6, then I go roadbiking. Get back at 7, shower and snack on something until about 7:30, then do more homework untill I am done. I ussally get done around 10 or 11. If I dont finish all of it by 11:30 I wake up at 4:30 - 5 to do the rest. I go thru this everyday.

Can you guys please help me??
An M5 at age 16? What do you expect to drive when you are 20? A Ferrari? Keep it real bro... hehehehe I am almost 21 and I drive an STi.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Banned

well i didnt get my license till i was junior in high school..... if any body cares
I care jatt. I didnt get mine untiul this past summer.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lexie330ci
oh, actually, what year m5 r u looking at?
-ALex
I was think a 99 or 2000.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ferrari527
this is the kinda house kids with m5's live in
Not really, this kid down the street from me has a M3 and his house is smaller than ours.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:34 PM
Race Director

Yeah, reading his stuff has become a perverted pleasure for me.

Its a addiction man
Old 10-21-2004, 04:34 PM

Note: Quote mentioned M5.

Note: No one cares how big your neighbors house is.

Note: Your house's size doesn't determine the kind of car you'll get.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Banned

"Your house size house size doesnt.... the kind of car you get. "

It does in some ways. If you got big house, ussally means you have big money, which COULD lead to big/nice car.

Ian+Car= Happiness
Old 10-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04acura tl
I bought all my cars on my own and my kids will/are too. They seem to care a little more about things when it thier money instead of mine!! I am not saying that its that way all the time some kids do show respect for a nice gift..... but most I have seen do not
Your a good man.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:20 PM
I keeps it real

As many have noted on here, this Ian kid is only 16 and doesnt understand, well, anything.

Do yourself a favor Ian and save this thread. Trust me, one day you will read back through it and realize how juvenile and retarded you once were Will be a nice testment of how much you've grown into a man.

Although if the above doesnt ever happen, god help you bro. Its going to be a long and bumpy road ahead living with that kind of ignorance
Old 10-21-2004, 05:30 PM

"Your house size house size doesnt.... the kind of car you get. "

It does in some ways. If you got big house, ussally means you have big money, which COULD lead to big/nice car.

Ian+Car= Happiness
But that is all conditional. Look at the words you used; "usually, could, if." Come on now. I could say anything with those words.

If your hair is brown, usually means people like you, which COULD lead to a big/nice car.

I mean wtf? Anyone can say anything with those three words and use it to justify anything.

I agree, if people have a huge house they aren't poor. But people who live in small houses can be filty rich and just don't want or see the need in a massive amount of space. Just an example anyway. At the same time, just because someone is loaded doesn't mean they'll get, what you define as, a nice car. Parents all have their own ways of raising their children, and some won't want to give their children your definition of a nice car.

So, what does that mean? According to the words you like to use;

A person with a bigger house COULD have more money which COULD lead to a big nice/car.

My response to that is "And maybe it won't."
Old 10-21-2004, 05:51 PM
Teh ?

Ian+Car= Happiness
That's right...

Car... as in anything that will give you a safe mode of transportation...

Sorry Ian, you're just not coming off as a driving enthusiast wanting a nice car...

Junkster, who is trying to understand but isn't buying it
Old 10-21-2004, 05:55 PM
Teh ?

Originally Posted by fla-tls

My friend had a Bavaria that was in that shape... took him three years to restore it to like new... teh cool.

Junkster, who thought it looked pretty sweet
Old 10-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Banned

On my 30mile drive to school, there are some curvey roads and some straight roads wiht no cars on it.

The TL does the straight line fairly well, but the curves it doesnt work to well. My dad doesnt want to mod it because he doesnt drive it alot and cares bout his truck more

I drove my freinds 325i to school, the car handels very good around turns and ok.. on the staright parts. I got it up to 80 with my mom in the car and she thought I was doing 50. I ussaly get the TL up to 85-90 daily when i drive it 2 skool, it feels so stable at that speed.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:37 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts

Old 10-21-2004, 06:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts

Thats what someone should start out with.

Good car, lots of potential plus the opportunity to learn first hand.

Want the Ultimate Driver's Car? Learn to fix one first and appreciate it!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:42 PM

On my 30mile drive to school, there are some curvey roads and some straight roads wiht no cars on it.

The TL does the straight line fairly well, but the curves it doesnt work to well. My dad doesnt want to mod it because he doesnt drive it alot and cares bout his truck more

I drove my freinds 325i to school, the car handels very good around turns and ok.. on the staright parts. I got it up to 80 with my mom in the car and she thought I was doing 50. I ussaly get the TL up to 85-90 daily when i drive it 2 skool, it feels so stable at that speed.
Um, ok?
Old 10-21-2004, 06:42 PM
I keeps it real

This kid is Hilarious! Ian for Pres!!!

Quick Reply: Need LOTS of help, big problem, advice needed(parents would be more helpful)