Need LOTS of help, big problem, advice needed(parents would be more helpful)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,328 Likes on 1,308 Posts
Originally Posted by Ianbiz3
Thanks for caring.

But many people under understand what driving means to me.
Be grateful you have a home with heat, food on the table and that you even have parents. I've known some people who've lived some rough lives to get as far as they were.

You're friggin' 16 and you're trying to get a car out of your parents that is worth more than both of their vehicles put together and then some.

Old 10-20-2004, 06:38 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
You're friggin' 16 and you're trying to get a car out of your parents that is worth more than both of their vehicles put together and then some.

More like 2 of there vehicles put together + another 2 of the same vehicles
Old 10-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Be grateful you have a home with heat, food on the table and that you even have parents. I've known some people who've lived some rough lives to get as far as they were.

I am grateful, becasue I know what my dad had to do to get here.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Peach Tea

Ok,
not to sound like an ass Ian, but seriously dude, that comment about you wanting to punch your dad in the face pissed me off. So what if they're rich and can afford to buy you an M5, why the hell would they? You can't miss what you never had so get over it. I can see if you said something like you felt mislead all this time but to think you'd ever want to hit ur dad...? I can't even imagine what the hell your thinking, if it weren't for them you most likely wouldn't have shit so be thankful you even have a place to live and food in ur stomach. I was 16 when my rents gave me the TL and to this day I don't understand what the hell was going through their heads. I don't deserve 1/100th of a car the TL is and I wouldn't blame them if they didn't even buy me a car. Just learn to appreciate what you have cuz it could all be gone tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Banned

btw. Is anyone in the market for a new computer?? If so.. let me know.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
rofl... you dont deserve a car... yet alone need one at the age of 16. Need to get somewhere? ride a bike.. its cheap, reliable, and you can save money on gas.. lol. Your parents will provide you a car IF they feel you need/deserve one.. want one so bad? Get a job and work for it.. work out a deal with your parents.. make them a guarantor or something... but dont go around syaing you deserve a car for all the straight A's you got.. big deal.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by badazzTL
Ok,
not to sound like an ass Ian, but seriously dude, that comment about you wanting to punch your dad in the face pissed me off. So what if they're rich and can afford to buy you an M5, why the hell would they? You can't miss what you never had so get over it. I can see if you said something like you felt mislead all this time but to think you'd ever want to hit ur dad...? I can't even imagine what the hell your thinking, if it weren't for them you most likely wouldn't have shit so be thankful you even have a place to live and food in ur stomach. I was 16 when my rents gave me the TL and to this day I don't understand what the hell was going through their heads. I don't deserve 1/100th of a car the TL is and I wouldn't blame them if they didn't even buy me a car. Just learn to appreciate what you have cuz it could all be gone tomorrow.
I deserve the TL, I dont go out and hang out with my freinds anymore, I dont smoke, or drink. I dont even go to many parties anymore. All because i want them to think i am responsible, and so that i have a better education. I dont even have many freinds anymore, its a select number.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by demons rage
rofl... you dont deserve a car... yet alone need one at the age of 16. Need to get somewhere? ride a bike.. its cheap, reliable, and you can save money on gas.. lol. Your parents will provide you a car IF they feel you need/deserve one.. want one so bad? Get a job and work for it.. work out a deal with your parents.. make them a guarantor or something... but dont go around syaing you deserve a car for all the straight A's you got.. big deal.
I ride my bike, 15 miles everyday at 20-23mph.

They wont let me get a job, the only way i can get money is by building computers.

I havent gotten staright As since i was in 6th grade. I got a accelerated school. and guess wut... it is a big deal.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:14 PM
Peach Tea

I deserve the TL, I dont go out and hang out with my freinds anymore, I dont smoke, or drink. I dont even go to many parties anymore. All because i want them to think i am responsible, and so that i have a better education. I dont even have many freinds anymore, its a select number.
dude, you need a reality check.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:14 PM
Race Director

I dont drink or smoke. I got good grades in school. I work and helping my dad run his store and helping him get a new one, all this and i dont ask for wasteful money, I get money for food, clothes, and to have fun, not saying I live off a dollar a day or anything, but my dad gives to me what he thinks I can live with and still have a smile on my face, but Now can I get a Modena 360 Ferrari?
Old 10-20-2004, 07:15 PM
Peach Tea

did you ever consider getting an education to better yourself? not just for what ur rents might buy you? they want you to do good so you can buy ur own shit and not depend on them for the rest of ur life.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Banned

if you knew the correct name maybe...
Old 10-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Banned

did you ever consider getting an education to better yourself? not just for what ur rents might buy you? they want you to do good so you can buy ur own shit and not depend on them for the rest of ur life.
Should I just drop out of HS?
Old 10-20-2004, 07:19 PM
Peach Tea

Should I just drop out of HS?
well if ur only motive was to get a car and it failed, why not.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:21 PM
Banned

THREAD HIJACKED!!!!

To the s the whole point of this thread was for you guys to help me whit ideas on gettng a car.

Can we please get back on topic.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:28 PM
Banned

well if ur only motive was to get a car and it failed, why not.
That was mainly the reason for waking up and living life.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Race Director

THREAD HIJACKED!!!!

To the s the whole point of this thread was for you guys to help me whit ideas on gettng a car.

DUDE NO ONE is going to help you with any ideas, if they dont agree to them..

Its like you starting a thread on how to rob a bank, and you get pissed because people are showing u how it is morally wrong, and you come back saying, stop hijacking my thread, and help me rob the bank! :wtf:
Old 10-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Peach Tea

Old 10-20-2004, 07:48 PM
04 TL 6MT NAVI ABP/Q

How bout this one?
Its even in FL already
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...496067104&rd=1

PS: You dont DESERVE a car. You EARN/SAVE FOR a Car. You DESERVE Free Speach, but so do we all.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Casper42
How bout this one?
Its even in FL already
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...496067104&rd=1

PS: You dont DESERVE a car. You EARN/SAVE FOR a Car. You DESERVE Free Speach, but so do we all.

OMG THAT CAR HAS AM/FM Radio, thats luxury at its finest, and cheap price, Ian get that over your dream M5
Old 10-20-2004, 07:57 PM
100k miles club

why rush? you are 16, there should be other things 16 year olds should worry about - like my list i posted earlier. my question is, with a car (any car), what advantages will you gain? if you think this will gain you points with your peers then you have NO GAME at all. when i was 16 i didn't have a car, in fact i didn't start driving until i was 19. took the school bus to school and my dad picked me up first year of college. and i still ran game w/ girls. i had no car, i had them pick me up. it's all about using resources you have. my parents finally got me a car, 89 Pulsar then a 00 Civic and you know what, it doesn't feel the same as my TL. that's coz my i bought my TL.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Raheel
OMG THAT CAR HAS AM/FM Radio, thats luxury at its finest, and cheap price, Ian get that over your dream M5

I am over it. All I want is a simple 01+ 325i or the coupe or a 02+TLS
Old 10-20-2004, 08:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by w1n78
why rush? you are 16, there should be other things 16 year olds should worry about - like my list i posted earlier. my question is, with a car (any car), what advantages will you gain? if you think this will gain you points with your peers then you have NO GAME at all. when i was 16 i didn't have a car, in fact i didn't start driving until i was 19. took the school bus to school and my dad picked me up first year of college. and i still ran game w/ girls. i had no car, i had them pick me up. it's all about using resources you have. my parents finally got me a car, 89 Pulsar then a 00 Civic and you know what, it doesn't feel the same as my TL. that's coz my i bought my TL.
I dont run wiht girls becasue they will take away from my education. car is waymore important than girl.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Does anyone read this

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
How about I come over and give you nice swift boot in your hairy bean bag and call it a day.

Quit being a little bitch and take any car they give you.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:28 PM
Banned

easy for you to say u ahve a 04TL lucky.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:29 PM
100k miles club

Bigger problem than I thought...

OK, there's a bigger crisis going on here. Guys, instead of nailing him for the topic, we should really help him with his bigger problem. Apparently, he doesn't know how to balance his mojo

Here's what you can do for starters:

1) Get a wardrobe. This is important because no matter what car you drive, the car only goes as far as the parking lot. Do not stop at clothes, get some nice kicks too, the gear must flow consistently from head to toe.

2) Seems you got school on lockdown so why don't you use it to get more than just good grades. Forget all those stereotypes that you see in movies where "nerds" don't get any play. Pure BS. Use the same technique you use to learn a subject and apply it to "learning" girls. Once you get them, take the test, pass it and move on <-- understand? Girls shouldn't affect your studies, more like help you with them. Only way it will mess you up with school is if get into a serious relationship.

I'm tellin' you bro, once school is gone, the real world is right around the corner. Enjoy your youth!

I still don't know what benefits you'll gain if your parents hooked you up with a car. Remember, there's a difference between needing and wanting.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:40 PM
The stickiest of the icky

Originally Posted by Donte99TL
Quit being a little bitch and take any car they give you.
bitch is probably the best word i can use to describe you ian. i was kinda like you when i was a freshman, convinced myself that education was the most important, didnt bother myself much with girls, etc. i had no idea why older people always said that they miss high school, and when they talk abotu how fun it was. well now i know. do yourself a favor, tell your parents it doesnt matter what car you get. this will shock them so much and be so proud of you, not to mention that they probably love you and want to make you happy, that they will get you a car anyways. then please please please stop being such a punk ass bitch. get the stick out of your ass. learn to drink, becaue you will need it in college. go out and have fun with your friends. better yet, make new friends with some nuts, cuz obviously you dont have any. let them teach you how to have fun. not to say that you cant focus on school, i have to admit since i started enjoying high school my grades have declined, but you know what i thin it is worth it.

ok anyways, sorry for the speech, but i was really once in your shoes and i am not busy right now so i figured i would give you a few tips to help you enjoy life some more. it shouldnt matter what kind of car you have, i go to a very expensive school where a lot of the kids are loaded, and most kids have cars. bmws are common, but i can tell you the kids with bmws, at the end of the day, give off a much much much worse image and have less fun than the people with cheaper cars. not to say that my 04TL is cheap, it is probably one of the most expensive cars of my friends, but the only reason i can drive it is because most people dont know it is so expensive. i dont get the bad image but still get to enjoy my car. but i can tell you right now that if i had a tsx, rsx, accord or civic i would be just as happy. hope this helps
Old 10-20-2004, 08:42 PM
The stickiest of the icky

Originally Posted by w1n78
OK, there's a bigger crisis going on here. Guys, instead of nailing him for the topic, we should really help him with his bigger problem. Apparently, he doesn't know how to balance his mojo

Here's what you can do for starters:

1) Get a wardrobe. This is important because no matter what car you drive, the car only goes as far as the parking lot. Do not stop at clothes, get some nice kicks too, the gear must flow consistently from head to toe.

2) Seems you got school on lockdown so why don't you use it to get more than just good grades. Forget all those stereotypes that you see in movies where "nerds" don't get any play. Pure BS. Use the same technique you use to learn a subject and apply it to "learning" girls. Once you get them, take the test, pass it and move on <-- understand? Girls shouldn't affect your studies, more like help you with them. Only way it will mess you up with school is if get into a serious relationship.

I'm tellin' you bro, once school is gone, the real world is right around the corner. Enjoy your youth!

I still don't know what benefits you'll gain if your parents hooked you up with a car. Remember, there's a difference between needing and wanting.
^^^^ great advice!!! clothes reallllly do make the man. please please please go out and get some nice clothes and learn how to make yourself look good. it makes you feel better about urself, makes chicks more attracted to you, and makes people respect you more if you look good.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:43 PM
dumber than a box of hair

THREAD HIJACKED!!!!

I take back what I said before. According to your responses here, you neither need a car nor do you deserve one.

Accusing us of hijacking the thread just because you don't like the answers you were given is immature in the extreme...and one thing we don't need on our roads is yet another immature teenager driving something "daddy" bought for him...something he hasn't earned and something he will never fully appreciate.

When you've earned enough money to buy a car and pay for all the costs involved, by all means buy one. Until then, you have two working legs. Use them.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:53 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Beaters build character...dont be so fucking greedy.

Signed,
DAD
Old 10-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Does anyone read this

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ok maybe I was a little harsh. What you should do is go find a beat up 62 Lincoln continental and get a bad ass restore job done on it, once that is done start doing custom shit to it. Lower it a little, put a sick sound system. Get a bad ass engine job so it hauls some ass. Some aluminum wheels put on it would look good too.

That would be impressive. To have an old restored car instead of a BMW. The kids would be trippin on that.

Oh if you don’t know what a 62 Lincoln continental is then I will help you out. Ever see the first episode of the Matrix. When they the snatched him up and took that thing out of his belly. Well that bad ass looking car they picked him up in was a 62 Lincoln continental.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Senior Moderator

easy for you to say u ahve a 04TL lucky.
If you're referring to the poster above you, he is 33 and I'll assume he PAID for it.

Concern yourself with your schoolwork and get a job like the rest of society and pay for your own toys.

"Wahhhhh! I like driving! It means a lot to me! I deserve a car! My parents owe me!"

So what? Grow up. I hope the rest of your peers aren't like this or else our society is screwed in 20 years. As it is, many people are in debt up to their eyeballs.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Advanced

I am grateful, becasue I know what my dad had to do to get here.

thats why u wanna punch him in the face right? man holy crap! u piss me off
-ALex

look man, im just gonna lay it down. The thing is you really dont deserve an m5, cause ur missing a little something called respect. You cant expect us to help you, when you wont help yourself. I mean u try to sound all immature at the end of conversations, but look at ur first post, and look at how immature u sound. Your 16, your young but not retarded. Just act a little mature and ull get the answers ur looking for. Maybe if u didnt sound like such a tool on this forum, id respect u more, in fact id want u to get an m5 or a 3...
-ALex
Old 10-20-2004, 09:40 PM
Burning Brakes

were you trying to impress us with that pic of your house??? wake up your parents arent rich. if they were theyd have 3 m5's and a nicer house than that and you would be on bmw.org and not here.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:41 PM
You touch my tra la la...

Posts like this give us young TL owners a bad name. Not dissing or anything but come on.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:42 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
guys give that guy a break... he's only 16, but all of you are pass 16 and you all think that your better? come on... let it go....
Old 10-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Burning Brakes

this is the kinda house kids with m5's live in
Old 10-20-2004, 09:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by GaleForce
Posts like this give us young TL owners a bad name. Not dissing or anything but come on.

If I had a TL at 16 or 17, I wouldn't say no. I'd appreciate it, do some and definitely not punch my Dad in the face..
Old 10-20-2004, 09:43 PM
You touch my tra la la...

Originally Posted by AcuraTLjatt559
guys give that guy a break... he's only 16, but all of you are pass 16 and you all think that your better? come on... let it go....
I'm 17 and I don't think my parents were obligated to get me a car.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:45 PM
Burning Brakes

I am over it. All I want is a simple 01+ 325i or the coupe or a 02+TLS
A "SIMPLE" 325i, eh?? SIMPLE would be more along the lines of a nice Corolla, Civic, Altima, Escort, Cavalier, Sunfire.....or maybe if you're REALLY a good boy....a Camry. You need a reality check big time.

i am pretty sure my parents could buy a M5 if they wanted to, but they spend too much money in other places.

Oh and now you've got the chutzpah to criticize how your parents spend their own money because it doesn't suit your poor little needs?????? Methinks you are a good example of why we need the draft re-instated.

Quick Reply: Need LOTS of help, big problem, advice needed(parents would be more helpful)