AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   AcuraZine's Hall of Fame (https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazines-hall-fame-284/)
-   -   I almost had to kill my wife last night..why do some women use emotion to decide. (https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazines-hall-fame-284/i-almost-had-kill-my-wife-last-night-why-do-some-women-use-emotion-decide-353101/)

LSBoogie 11-30-2006 12:59 PM

I almost had to kill my wife last night..why do some women use emotion to decide.

So, need to vent a little bit..

Tuesday night we have a pretty healthy snow storm. My wife is driving home in our 03 Durango in 2wd (Why oh why not 4wd), she takes off from a red light and looses control while starting across and bridge and wacks the drivers side against the side of said bridge.

She calls me, tells me what happened, after making sure she is okay (I'm not that big of a jerk) I ask her how much damage is done. "Not too much" she says "most of it is to the fender".

I get home and go into the garage to find that everything on the drivers side expect the drivers door is literally torn open. Both wheels broken in multiple spots, both front and rear bumpers destroyed as well. Oh well, no biggie, thats what insurance is for.

So, the next morning she takes my "for sale" car and I drive the Durango to the body shop. On the way back from the body shop she calls me to tell me that she just got rearended...GREAT! Two accidents in less then 13 hours. Once again, I make sure she is ok. Then ask for the damage report. "Oh, its just the tail light" she says "no other damage" she says.

Here is where the good part comes in:

I ask her "did you call the police and get the other drivers information?". <long pause> . "Umm...well, she was a highschool girl and was pretty upset about hitting us (my kids were in the car as well), so I told her not to worry about it, MY HUSBAND will take care of it."

WTF! She didn't get a name, phone number or any insurance imformation!

Once again, I get home, check the damage. Guess what, the same woman that thought only the fender was damaged on her car (Repair estimate came out to $7200.00 btw) didn't happen to notice the rear bumper that was now pushed up into the rear hatch or that it had two BIG spots of missing paint and a nice scar that looks like a bear claw went after the bumper! Estimated damage to my car $600.00.

"She was so upset, I didn't want her to get in trouble, shes just a highschool girl" Those were the phrases running through my head as I had visions of the evening news with me, covered in my wifes blood, standing on the roof of a high rise yelling "She was so upset!!! My husband will take care of it!!!"

So, not only do I now have to cover her $1000.00 deductible for her car but I also have to come up with $600.00 to fix my car. All this right before Christmas. I have already decided to keep the broken tail light, wrap it, and give it to her for a present. I have yet to decided which broken pieces to give my 3 kids as all my money will be GONE!!!!!

Why, why oh why? Use 4wd when road conditions are bad! Get the information from the person that hit you! I thought these were both common knowledge..........

RaviNJCLs 11-30-2006 01:05 PM

OUCH. That sucks. I would be pissed.

Whiskers 11-30-2006 01:07 PM

Kill her or divorce her....

Crazy88 11-30-2006 01:09 PM

Damn, seems like a series of unfortunate events...that sucks....I would be pissed as hell. I almost spit up my drink when i saw u are giving her the broken tail light as a present. Sorry to hear about all the damages and expenses.

btw, where in CO did this happen? Im up in Ft. Collins and there were over 50 accidents just in city limits due to the snow storm.

DAROCK 11-30-2006 01:12 PM

shit happens!!!

dom 11-30-2006 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Kill her or divorce her....

:werd:

JediMindTricks 11-30-2006 01:17 PM

sorry to hear that...

but at least YOU are taking care of it....

Yumcha 11-30-2006 01:20 PM

Ouch! What a string of bad-luck (and poor decision-making by your wife)...! :whyme:

GIBSON6594 11-30-2006 01:28 PM

:ibtm:

brakejob 11-30-2006 01:30 PM

she sounds like she may be mildly retarded

dom 11-30-2006 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
:ibtm:

Not really a D&R issue. Unless he is really planning on divorcing her. :D

GIBSON6594 11-30-2006 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by dom
Not really a D&R issue. Unless he is really planning on divorcing her. :D

So killing her would be a ramblings issue? :rofl:

badboy 11-30-2006 01:33 PM

Sorry about your bad luck...give it to her good at night.

6SPD 11-30-2006 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by badboy
Sorry about your bad luck...give it to her good at night.

:agree:

See this post for proper technique:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...66&postcount=1

West6MT 11-30-2006 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by brakejob
she sounds like she may be mildly retarded

:rofl:

dallison 11-30-2006 01:48 PM

[QUOTE=Whiskers]Kill her or QUOTE]
:stupid:

joerockt 11-30-2006 01:53 PM

Wow, that was pretty fucking stupid. I would have been boiling as well...

Hopefully she'll be "working" off these mistakes...

studville 11-30-2006 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by LSBoogie
Those were the phrases running through my head as I had visions of the evening news with me, covered in my wifes blood, standing on the roof of a high rise yelling "She was so upset!!! My husband will take care of it!!!"

RaviNJCLs 11-30-2006 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by studville

x2. I hope my wife would never do something like that.

amisconception 11-30-2006 02:12 PM

:whyme:

GreenMonster 11-30-2006 02:17 PM

:rofl: Sometimes I read shit like this and I'm glad I'm still single :D

BustedJack 11-30-2006 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by LSBoogie
So, need to vent a little bit..

Tuesday night we have a pretty healthy snow storm. My wife is driving home in our 03 Durango in 2wd (Why oh why not 4wd), she takes off from a red light and looses control while starting across and bridge and wacks the drivers side against the side of said bridge.

She calls me, tells me what happened, after making sure she is okay (I'm not that big of a jerk) I ask her how much damage is done. "Not too much" she says "most of it is to the fender".

I get home and go into the garage to find that everything on the drivers side expect the drivers door is literally torn open. Both wheels broken in multiple spots, both front and rear bumpers destroyed as well. Oh well, no biggie, thats what insurance is for.

So, the next morning she takes my "for sale" car and I drive the Durango to the body shop. On the way back from the body shop she calls me to tell me that she just got rearended...GREAT! Two accidents in less then 13 hours. Once again, I make sure she is ok. Then ask for the damage report. "Oh, its just the tail light" she says "no other damage" she says.

Here is where the good part comes in:

I ask her "did you call the police and get the other drivers information?". <long pause> . "Umm...well, she was a highschool girl and was pretty upset about hitting us (my kids were in the car as well), so I told her not to worry about it, MY HUSBAND will take care of it."

WTF! She didn't get a name, phone number or any insurance imformation!

Once again, I get home, check the damage. Guess what, the same woman that thought only the fender was damaged on her car (Repair estimate came out to $7200.00 btw) didn't happen to notice the rear bumper that was now pushed up into the rear hatch or that it had two BIG spots of missing paint and a nice scar that looks like a bear claw went after the bumper! Estimated damage to my car $600.00.

"She was so upset, I didn't want her to get in trouble, shes just a highschool girl" Those were the phrases running through my head as I had visions of the evening news with me, covered in my wifes blood, standing on the roof of a high rise yelling "She was so upset!!! My husband will take care of it!!!"

So, not only do I now have to cover her $1000.00 deductible for her car but I also have to come up with $600.00 to fix my car. All this right before Christmas. I have already decided to keep the broken tail light, wrap it, and give it to her for a present. I have yet to decided which broken pieces to give my 3 kids as all my money will be GONE!!!!!

Why, why oh why? Use 4wd when road conditions are bad! Get the information from the person that hit you! I thought these were both common knowledge..........

a bit naive yet got a great heart... put it this way... your wife is safe. A small ding in the bank account is better than hospital visits.

sorry this happened but think positive.

whynot 11-30-2006 02:31 PM

You really think she was rear-ended by a highschool girl?
I'm pretty sure she hit someone/something while backing up hence to insurance info :2cents:

ShavedH22CL 11-30-2006 02:31 PM

Im sorry but your story made me laugh my ass off ans people in my office heard me laughing so i had to read the story to them. But that does suck donkey balls

Ishakir 11-30-2006 02:33 PM

this is why women should not be allowed to drive

dom 11-30-2006 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by whynot
You really think she was rear-ended by a highschool girl?
I'm pretty sure she hit someone/something while backing up hence to insurance info :2cents:

Good point. :ponder:

sonnyg80 11-30-2006 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by GreenMonster
:rofl: Sometimes I read shit like this and I'm glad I'm still single :D

glad that i'm not married! :rofl:

Whiskers 11-30-2006 02:40 PM

Hmm, your wife is a bad driver and a liar....and possibly a prostitute....

sonnyg80 11-30-2006 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Hmm, your wife is a bad driver and a liar....and possibly a prostitute....

:spit:

moeronn 11-30-2006 02:41 PM

I'd be upset with her for giving you a false impression about the amount of damage - especially on the first accident. And I'd be upset about her not getting the information from the other driver, but as long as everyone is safe, there's no use freaking out about it. Mark my words - if you make an issue out of this, she will dig up some lame little "mistake" you made in the past and blow it so out of proportion that these "incidents" will seem so insignificant you'll want to shoot yourself for even second guessing her. :D

subinf 11-30-2006 02:47 PM

I'd be pissed

fsttyms1 11-30-2006 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ishakir

:werd:

CLPowersWife 11-30-2006 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ishakir

^ This is why noobs shouldn't be allowed to post.

crazymjb 11-30-2006 02:49 PM

Eh, its not that bad. A girl in my school decided to park her pathfinder behind the garage, she thought it would be best just to drive through the front and out the back. 100K in damages to the house.

Mike

Whiskers 11-30-2006 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Caliadria
^ This is why noobs shouldn't be allowed to post.

Taking the comment a bit hard, arent you chicky...

subinf 11-30-2006 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by crazymjb
Eh, its not that bad. A girl in my school decided to park her pathfinder behind the garage, she thought it would be best just to drive through the front and out the back. 100K in damages to the house.

Mike

but that isnt two accidents in 13 hours

sonnyg80 11-30-2006 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by subinf
but that isnt two accidents in 13 hours

lol but it's 100k in damage!

subinf 11-30-2006 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by sonnyg80
lol but it's 100k in damage!

but its still just one accident. not that it makes it any better, but i'd rather call my insurance company once instead of two days in a row

sonnyg80 11-30-2006 02:54 PM

true...or i'd rather not be married :chuckle:

moeronn 11-30-2006 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by subinf
but its still just one accident. not that it makes it any better, but i'd rather call my insurance company once instead of two days in a row

Maybe the second accident occured early enough that he still only needed to make one call ;)