Got shot at by an AK-47 yesterday... (pics on page 12) - Page 3 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > Off Topic Discussion > AcuraZine's Hall of Fame
Reload this Page >

Got shot at by an AK-47 yesterday... (pics on page 12)

Notices

Got shot at by an AK-47 yesterday... (pics on page 12)

 
 
Old 06-12-2006, 03:17 PM
  #81  
Just the facts...
Thread Starter
 
Ron Burgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando
Age: 33
Posts: 3,031
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tuleman
True..

How does the cop know your buddy doesn't have a felony conviction?
Felon with any firearm is a no no... Federal not state law I believe.
They ran a check on him also
Ron Burgundy is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:17 PM
  #82  
Yeehaw
 
BEETROOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Age: 38
Posts: 20,972
Thanked 25 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
He isnt the law, he enforces the law.


A cop has no right to determine compensation. Thats for the judge.



Back in about 7th grade a buddy of mine was shooting a pellet gun and accidentally hit a passing car. He was arrested, fined, and had to do a shitload of community service. Granted this was in CT, but I have a hard time believing that in Florida they would have just handed the gun over to the driver of the car.
BEETROOT is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:19 PM
  #83  
Registered Member
 
pebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Age: 38
Posts: 6,561
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BEETROOT


A cop has no right to determine compensation. Thats for the judge.



Back in about 7th grade a buddy of mine was shooting a pellet gun and accidentally hit a passing car. He was arrested, fined, and had to do a shitload of community service. Granted this was in CT, but I have a hard time believing that in Florida they would have just handed the gun over to the driver of the car.

Ron is saying that him and his friend are in possession of the gun right now, or did I miss something?
pebe is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:19 PM
  #84  
Just the facts...
Thread Starter
 
Ron Burgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando
Age: 33
Posts: 3,031
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 03SSMTL-S
what kind of magical bullet gets shot at the ground then turn 90 degrees and hits your door, they were trying to shot you and got away with it.

Who said they were shooting straight down? I think a gun with that kind of power could easily bounce off the ground and keep going...
Ron Burgundy is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:20 PM
  #85  
Senior Moderator
 
Ken1997TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Better Neighborhood, Arizona
Posts: 45,425
Thanked 2,150 Times in 1,226 Posts
Originally Posted by JJ4Short
Ok the Canucks just recently foiled a terrorist plan in Canada like a week ago. So there are 2 canadian muslims driving through America with an AK47. Hmmm why should I contact the FBI?
That too.

This isnt an accident involving a slingshot or a pellet gun. This is an assault rifle. I know its full capabilities, I used an AK quite frequently. I personally love it and the AK-74. Its definitely not a toy and there is NO reason someone should be carrying like this person did. Discharging it on a road and damaging a vehicle..

The cop should be thoroughly questioned by the FBI and his badge taken away. And those two bozos should be detained, interrogated and deported. The car should be fixed courtesy of those two (and maybe the cop) being in a chain gang smashing rocks for 5 years
Ken1997TL is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:21 PM
  #86  
Registered Member
 
pebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Age: 38
Posts: 6,561
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
Who said they were shooting straight down? I think a gun with that kind of power could easily bounce off the ground and keep going...

Do any of you have any thoughts on contacting higher authorities because maybe the 'yokel' police dont know what the hell they were doing? Or you think the checks they ran make you feel good about the whole thing? Just trying to get a feel for what you guys are thinking about right now. I'd be pissed if I were you seeing how the police handled this situation. You have no idea who was let go
pebe is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:22 PM
  #87  
Yeehaw
 
BEETROOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Age: 38
Posts: 20,972
Thanked 25 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pebecl97
Ron is saying that him and his friend are in possession of the gun right now, or did I miss something?

Right, thats what he is saying. He should not be.



This is like if I went out and kicked someone outside my building and the cops came and gave them my shoe.
BEETROOT is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:23 PM
  #88  
Registered Member
 
pebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Age: 38
Posts: 6,561
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BEETROOT
Right, thats what he is saying. He should not be.

Gotcha, thought you were talking about the driver of the shooters car.
pebe is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:24 PM
  #89  
Creepy guy in the mirror.
 
JLatimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 49
Posts: 2,632
Thanked 35 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by 03SSMTL-S
what kind of magical bullet gets shot at the ground then turn 90 degrees and hits your door, they were trying to shot you and got away with it.
The kind they fired at JFK

Seriously though... This sounds really bizarre. I am thinking that you will never see any reports and that these guys got some kind of backcountry justice played out on them
JLatimer is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:24 PM
  #90  
Registered Member
 
03SSMTL-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: parts unknown
Age: 40
Posts: 10,654
Thanked 1,893 Times in 1,181 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
Who said they were shooting straight down? I think a gun with that kind of power could easily bounce off the ground and keep going...
and of all the other places it could have hit it found your moving car door they were trying to sniper your ass
03SSMTL-S is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:26 PM
  #91  
Registered Member
 
crazymjb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 29
Posts: 7,441
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I want pics of the bullet hole, and the gun, with you in both pictures. I believe anything is possible, a cop let my brother hold his gun when he(my brother) was 6 just because my brother asked to see it... Though he did unload it first. Regardless I don't think on duety cops are supposed to be letting toddlers play with their guns.

As an American I would personally feel an obligation to call the FBI with the plates and I would have made a citezins arrest on the grounds that the pricks were firing a high powered assault rifle at me.

The other thing I don't get(though you claim it to be a richochet) is how a 7.62mm AK round would bounce off pavement yet remain intact enough to pierce a hole through a metal door and transfer all its energy to a small peice of plastic that would come out and graze your buddies leg... Again, anything is possible.

Mike
crazymjb is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:26 PM
  #92  
Keeping emos out of
 
goose25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 6,812
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
There's something definitely fishy in this story and it aint the good ole trout slap
and let's not forget
goose25 is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:29 PM
  #93  
Just the facts...
Thread Starter
 
Ron Burgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando
Age: 33
Posts: 3,031
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 03SSMTL-S
and of all the other places it could have hit it found your moving car door they were trying to sniper your ass
I think they were trying to shoot out the tire

here is a pic of a similar gun, not the exact gun

Ron Burgundy is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:30 PM
  #94  
Registered Member
 
pebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Age: 38
Posts: 6,561
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymjb
I want pics of the bullet hole, and the gun, with you in both pictures. I believe anything is possible, a cop let my brother hold his gun when he(my brother) was 6 just because my brother asked to see it... Though he did unload it first. Regardless I don't think on duety cops are supposed to be letting toddlers play with their guns.

As an American I would personally feel an obligation to call the FBI with the plates and I would have made a citezins arrest on the grounds that the pricks were firing a high powered assault rifle at me.

The other thing I don't get(though you claim it to be a richochet) is how a 7.62mm AK round would bounce off pavement yet remain intact enough to pierce a hole through a metal door and transfer all its energy to a small peice of plastic that would come out and graze your buddies leg... Again, anything is possible.

Mike
Well put.

Contact the FBI once you get a copy of that report (you are supposed to get one) and do something about it man. You dont want to see these 2 guys later on the news or something. And also, what is the deal with the gun? Are any of you really planning to keep it? And if so, since it is supposedly registered, can someone else register it?
pebe is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:31 PM
  #95  
Registered Member
 
03SSMTL-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: parts unknown
Age: 40
Posts: 10,654
Thanked 1,893 Times in 1,181 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
I think they were trying to shoot out the tire

here is a pic of a similar gun, not the exact gun
i think they got some ideas from this
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/Sout...ngs/index.html
03SSMTL-S is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:32 PM
  #96  
The Creator
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Albany, NY
Age: 37
Posts: 37,962
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
I think they were trying to shoot out the tire

here is a pic of a similar gun, not the exact gun



it all makes sense now... this happened IN A VIDEO GAME!!!

crackhead.
soopa is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:33 PM
  #97  
Registered Member
 
pebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Age: 38
Posts: 6,561
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Another thing thats bugging me is that now these 2 guys know where you all live.
pebe is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:34 PM
  #98  
Just the facts...
Thread Starter
 
Ron Burgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando
Age: 33
Posts: 3,031
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pebecl97
Do any of you have any thoughts on contacting higher authorities because maybe the 'yokel' police dont know what the hell they were doing? Or you think the checks they ran make you feel good about the whole thing? Just trying to get a feel for what you guys are thinking about right now. I'd be pissed if I were you seeing how the police handled this situation. You have no idea who was let go
Well I didn't know what to do at all...never been in a situation similar to this.

1. It was not my car
2. I/No one was hurt

After getting the feedback I will be contacting higher authorities and making sure that what the cop did is what was suppose to happen.

The only reason I can see why the gun was given to us was to be of some decent value to take care of the damages done to the car.

I wouldn't say I am pissed, but I think there should have been a better way to resolve the situation. I honestly don't know what to think.
Ron Burgundy is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:36 PM
  #99  
Registered Member
 
crazymjb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Age: 29
Posts: 7,441
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What video game would that be?

Now... If this is real life, if they had shot your tire out they could have very well killed you.

Also, if they were driving a kia once the cops left you should have shot it up, I hate those crapbuckets.

Mike
crazymjb is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:36 PM
  #100  
Thriller
 
YOTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 3,449
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm visualizing this:

YOTH is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:37 PM
  #101  
Just the facts...
Thread Starter
 
Ron Burgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando
Age: 33
Posts: 3,031
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pebecl97
Another thing thats bugging me is that now these 2 guys know where you all live.
not where 'I' live did not give that info out, the only one to give info out was my buddys dad, and I think he only gave phone numbers, not 100%.
Ron Burgundy is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:37 PM
  #102  
Registered Member
 
pebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Age: 38
Posts: 6,561
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
Well I didn't know what to do at all...never been in a situation similar to this.

1. It was not my car
2. I/No one was hurt

After getting the feedback I will be contacting higher authorities and making sure that what the cop did is what was suppose to happen.

The only reason I can see why the gun was given to us was to be of some decent value to take care of the damages done to the car.

I wouldn't say I am pissed, but I think there should have been a better way to resolve the situation. I honestly don't know what to think.

I hear ya, I just didnt want you to say 'screw it' and think its all good because the cop gave you a weapon that could have killed someone. Honestly, its probably better that the gun was out of their hands.
pebe is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:37 PM
  #103  
Senior Moderator
 
Ken1997TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Better Neighborhood, Arizona
Posts: 45,425
Thanked 2,150 Times in 1,226 Posts
I dont know what parents are teaching in Orlando these days, but two suspicious people shooting at a car with an assault rifle IS a big deal. The fact that the cop didnt do anything about it and on top of that GIVES you an assault rifle is just mind boggling. Please contact Matt Drudge immediately after you call the FBI.
Ken1997TL is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:38 PM
  #104  
The Creator
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Albany, NY
Age: 37
Posts: 37,962
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
how does anyone believe this story?
soopa is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:40 PM
  #105  
visit me
 
wipe0ut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: N ew Y ork
Age: 47
Posts: 2,804
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by soopa


it all makes sense now... this happened IN A VIDEO GAME!!!

crackhead.
yeah i just heard about this on one of those GTA radio stations

radio los santos i believe

wipe0ut is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:40 PM
  #106  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,852
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Strange happenings indeed. I'd be interested in hearing what the local FBI office has to say.
Always Dirty is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:40 PM
  #107  
Registered Member
 
pebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Age: 38
Posts: 6,561
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by soopa
how does anyone believe this story?
His little puppy makes him seem sincere

I don't want to believe it, just because of how the cops handled it.
pebe is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:40 PM
  #108  
Just the facts...
Thread Starter
 
Ron Burgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando
Age: 33
Posts: 3,031
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pebecl97
Contact the FBI once you get a copy of that report (you are supposed to get one) and do something about it man. You dont want to see these 2 guys later on the news or something. And also, what is the deal with the gun? Are any of you really planning to keep it? And if so, since it is supposedly registered, can someone else register it?

I have no idea about the registration, I am not keeping it. I don't know shit about real guns.
Ron Burgundy is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:40 PM
  #109  
Senior Moderator
 
Ken1997TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Better Neighborhood, Arizona
Posts: 45,425
Thanked 2,150 Times in 1,226 Posts
Originally Posted by soopa
how does anyone believe this story?
I dont, but based upon the crazy shit that has happened in Florida I'm not willing to take a chance.
Ken1997TL is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:41 PM
  #110  
Who am I?
 
thatguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Prague
Age: 34
Posts: 6,843
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BEETROOT
This is like if I went out and kicked someone outside my building and the cops came and gave them my shoe.


comment of the day.
thatguy is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:42 PM
  #111  
Just the facts...
Thread Starter
 
Ron Burgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando
Age: 33
Posts: 3,031
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wipe0ut
yeah i just heard about this on one of those GTA radio stations


just put a white van in the back ground and its acurate
Ron Burgundy is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:43 PM
  #112  
The Creator
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Albany, NY
Age: 37
Posts: 37,962
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wipe0ut
yeah i just heard about this on one of those GTA radio stations

radio los santos i believe[/IMG]
soopa is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:44 PM
  #113  
Once more into the breach
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MI
Posts: 4,879
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
I don't know shit about real guns.


So youre hoping the next time this happens it will be with a Nintendo Duck Hunt gun
peacefrog is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:45 PM
  #114  
Just the facts...
Thread Starter
 
Ron Burgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando
Age: 33
Posts: 3,031
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by soopa
how does anyone believe this story?
This is 100% true

Originally Posted by peacefrog
So youre hoping the next time this happens it will be with a Nintendo Duck Hunt gun
Ron Burgundy is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:47 PM
  #115  
Senior Moderator
 
mattg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: OR
Age: 43
Posts: 22,900
Thanked 377 Times in 190 Posts
mattg is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:48 PM
  #116  
Just the facts...
Thread Starter
 
Ron Burgundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Orlando
Age: 33
Posts: 3,031
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Any imput on who/the best way to contact the FBI? Not exactly something you do everyday...
Ron Burgundy is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:49 PM
  #117  
Registered Member
 
pebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Age: 38
Posts: 6,561
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
I just hope for this country's sake, whether the story is true or not, that these cops get the boot.
pebe is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:49 PM
  #118  
Yeehaw
 
BEETROOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Age: 38
Posts: 20,972
Thanked 25 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
Any imput on who/the best way to contact the FBI? Not exactly something you do everyday...
Make an mp3 recording of the call

FBI Jacksonville
Suite 200
7820 Arlington Expressway
Jacksonville, Florida 32211-7499
jacksonville.fbi.gov
(904) 721-1211

FBI North Miami Beach
16320 Northwest Second Avenue
North Miami Beach, Florida 33169-6508
miami.fbi.gov
(305) 944-9101

FBI Tampa
5525 West Gray Street
Tampa, Floriada 33609
tampa.fbi.gov
(813) 253-1000
BEETROOT is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:50 PM
  #119  
Registered Member
 
pebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Queens, NY
Age: 38
Posts: 6,561
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
Any imput on who/the best way to contact the FBI? Not exactly something you do everyday...

http://www.fbi.gov/contact/fo/fo.htm
pebe is offline  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:51 PM
  #120  
The Creator
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Albany, NY
Age: 37
Posts: 37,962
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
* Anyone volunteer to inform the FBI of this story themselves, just incase this donkey decides he'd rather keep ""The AK""?
soopa is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got shot at by an AK-47 yesterday... (pics on page 12)


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.