Ask a Cop Anything™

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 12:18 PM
:brakejob:

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Liftedoff420
o shit you work in SF?? haha what district

i know a few cops at the 6th ave or who used to work there...

o yea another question...why are you so against selling drugs? i knew a few friends who sold herb cus they really had nothing else going for them....they were unviolent and pretty much law abiding, except that they pushed...maybe coke dealers should get arrested but why pot??
um, because it's illegal, and contributes to a poor society where people are lazy, doped up, and are scrounging around for the money to pay for their next fix. Many times people scrounge by stealing. The crankster day includes waking up, stealing something, and getting high... all starting at 6pm, when they have awoke from their 3-day comedown sleep.

Pot is not totally harmless. Sure, there have been no OD deaths and such, but some pot is laced with nasty shit, not enough people can trust their supplier, and sorry to say for some people it really is a gateway drug..., they try pot as younger kids and are hooked on crank by 25... and their teeth fall out by 30. And plenty of pot dealers are very, very violent. Your friends who have nothing else to do should probably look into making themselves worthy members of society, i don't know, just a thought

Last edited by brakejobhelp; 07-31-2005 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:41 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
& with above post..... anyways, I have a question about cops entering a private home. this happend to me -- my brother had a party at my sisters house in a sub-division. someone called the cops and they just opened the front door and let themselves in. Theres no window nearby that they could have looked in to see us. There was two guys smoking on the front porch but they said that they didn't ask them if they could come in, they just came on in.

So my question is can a cop just come in a house if they can't see what's going on inside, without knocking just opening the door?? I ended up going to jail (because I was the only one under 18)

And when we were walking from the car to the jail he told me (in a joking way) "don't run or else I'll shoot ya, ok" I laughed cause I knew he was trying to be funny, but was that a real smart thing for him to say? If I would have reported that could he have got in trouble?

Thanks for your help
Old 07-31-2005, 07:07 PM
Race Director

Received 832 Likes on 517 Posts
I have to ask you

I got pulled over a few months ago and the police officer gave me 4 tickets.

3 lane change tickets and a speeding. (none of which I did) (i was speeding but not the speed he said)

I know it is my word against his (therefore I loose) but my question is, is it legal to give 3 tickets for basically the same violation ( he gave me one for each lane change.

I know I did signal, because it is one of my HUGE pet peves, that people don't signal so I do it religiously even when there is no one on the road.

Thanks
Old 07-31-2005, 07:30 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
is it illegal to carry marijuana on a plane if you are a medical mj patient?
Old 07-31-2005, 07:32 PM
Burning Brakes

if i worked at wendy's drive thru, and u thought i short changed u, would u come in and mace me???
Old 07-31-2005, 08:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^

what do you think about me letting the change-stealing bum go? Stupid? nice?

I figured it would be a waste of time to call the police over like $1.50. Not like anything would have happened to him anyways right?
Old 07-31-2005, 08:45 PM
Littering and.....

Originally Posted by brakejobhelp
really? i thought it was like a nice rich community... crime or asshole police?

Crime. There is a nice section of the city around Union college, but they have alot of problems with crime. Basically, the city is a rundown industrial city. GE has basically pulled everything out of schenectady but can't sell the land because it's so polluted.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:45 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ghost_masterCL
I figured it would be a waste of time to call the police over like $1.50. Not like anything would have happened to him anyways right?
with any luck, he may be a career dirtbag and he may have warrents out or may fit a suspect description and get taken away.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:57 PM
Safety Car

^^ haha, was probably some scumbag with a murder on his hands or something. Makes me even more glad I didn't call the cops. He probably would have killed me if I had.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:05 PM
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 21 Posts
Ok, a couple of things.. this is by far the best thread I've seen on acurazine, and you're one of the best officers I've seen.

My questions.. if someone passes you on the interstate, sat the speed limit is 55mph, you're going 65mph and someone passes you doing 70mph will you pull them over? I ask cause I get so annoyed every time traffic is backing up because everyone is afraid to pass a cop.

If you're parked and a car or motorcycle passes doing about 120+ will you even give chase? People say if you're going that fast and pass a cop to just keep going but the good citizen in me would beg to differ.

And how bad is street racing where you are? Cops dont let us sit in a parking and I would tend to think you'd want the element parked in a controlled environment than out on the street.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:53 PM
mister D

This is a cool topic, I was up reading some of it last night, I live in Hayward, so your beat is probally somewhere around here... I havent been living here very long what are some of the good eats around like you mentioned earlier?.. I do have a few other questions...

I once got a ticket on the 238/880 for 95+ I had a radar detector at that time so I slowed down for about a good mile before the chp caught up to me.. and I asked to see their radar etc. they said they didnt use any.. but gave me a ticket anyway.. I went to court and just paid for it.. but would it have been worth it to fight the ticket?.. the road was empty.. about 3am after i got off work.. he was probally merging from the washington street onramp, thats why I didnt see him.. would you as an officer show up in court for these types of offenses.. the reason I didn't want to fight it was because I would have had to wait til 2, and I didn't even get any sleep the night before.. so it wasnt worth my time.. if I fought it is there a possibility for the speed to be reduced? cause for what they wrote '95+' you cant goto traffic school, and you get the point on your record.. just wondering...

My other question is what kind of exotic, luxury cars have you ever pulled over?.. ever anyone famous or notable?..
Old 07-31-2005, 11:21 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
brakejobhelp for mega mod!!

i was charged with "disorderly conduct, fighting" last year for trying to break up a fight at a bar. i plead guilty because it was labeled a summary offense and the cops said it wont show up on a background check as it's not a midemeanor/felony. Is thiss true? I'm kind of nervous about applying for new jobs now...and feel a bit stupid for not consulting a lawyer before pleading guilty.

edit: i was in PA at the time

Last edited by zeroday; 07-31-2005 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Slinks
if i worked at wendy's drive thru, and u thought i short changed u, would u come in and mace me???
Hey Brakejob.........is that Wendy's situation in the other thread, is that kosher for a cop to do that?
Old 08-01-2005, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Scottman111
& with above post..... anyways, I have a question about cops entering a private home. this happend to me -- my brother had a party at my sisters house in a sub-division. someone called the cops and they just opened the front door and let themselves in. Theres no window nearby that they could have looked in to see us. There was two guys smoking on the front porch but they said that they didn't ask them if they could come in, they just came on in.

So my question is can a cop just come in a house if they can't see what's going on inside, without knocking just opening the door?? I ended up going to jail (because I was the only one under 18)

And when we were walking from the car to the jail he told me (in a joking way) "don't run or else I'll shoot ya, ok" I laughed cause I knew he was trying to be funny, but was that a real smart thing for him to say? If I would have reported that could he have got in trouble?

Thanks for your help
what were the guys smoking, cigs or something else?

i don't know man, in cali if the door was closed i would need a reason to go in, like a bad sound or no one answering the door, or reason to believe something was happening.. etc... if the door is open or cracked though then you're letting the public in and out, i don't know it's tough, and it's all how the officer articulates it...

as for the comment, it was just a joke, we make them all the time... you might be able to make a complaint but it would most likely fall on deaf ears...
Old 08-01-2005, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Beelzebub
I have to ask you

I got pulled over a few months ago and the police officer gave me 4 tickets.

3 lane change tickets and a speeding. (none of which I did) (i was speeding but not the speed he said)

I know it is my word against his (therefore I loose) but my question is, is it legal to give 3 tickets for basically the same violation ( he gave me one for each lane change.

I know I did signal, because it is one of my HUGE pet peves, that people don't signal so I do it religiously even when there is no one on the road.

Thanks
yes, you can get a ticket for each lane change since each single one is a separate violation.

were the violations for improper lane change or unsafe lane change?
Old 08-01-2005, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by CLean B
is it illegal to carry marijuana on a plane if you are a medical mj patient?
beats me, thats a federal law thing
Old 08-01-2005, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Slinks
no, but i would come in and demand my change... and if you disagreed and you acted like that idiot girl and resisted me i would have to resort to some way to haul you in...

even if i am wrong you need to obey my lawful order...
Old 08-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Race Director

no, but i would come in and demand my change... and if you disagreed and you acted like that idiot girl and resisted me i would have to resort to some way to haul you in...

even if i am wrong you need to obey my lawful order...

Ya I agree with you, after a while it didnt even have anything to do with the change, it was her resisting law and acting like a criminal, when she could have kept her cool, any cop is gonna use some restraint
Old 08-01-2005, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by ghost_masterCL
^^^

what do you think about me letting the change-stealing bum go? Stupid? nice?

buck fifty = nothing, you guessed it
Old 08-01-2005, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Raheel
Ya I agree with you, after a while it didnt even have anything to do with the change, it was her resisting law and acting like a criminal, when she could have kept her cool, any cop is gonna use some restraint
i put more in the thread about that...
Old 08-01-2005, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by tonio
Ok, a couple of things.. this is by far the best thread I've seen on acurazine, and you're one of the best officers I've seen.

My questions.. if someone passes you on the interstate, sat the speed limit is 55mph, you're going 65mph and someone passes you doing 70mph will you pull them over? I ask cause I get so annoyed every time traffic is backing up because everyone is afraid to pass a cop.

If you're parked and a car or motorcycle passes doing about 120+ will you even give chase? People say if you're going that fast and pass a cop to just keep going but the good citizen in me would beg to differ.

And how bad is street racing where you are? Cops dont let us sit in a parking and I would tend to think you'd want the element parked in a controlled environment than out on the street.
not for 70, but you would get my attention... i dont like to be passed when I am going over the speed limit... usually I cruise at 80 and i've been passed at that speed...

nope, i'd radio what i could see in that second but thats about it... but if you get caught you're royally fucked

street racing is bad here but we like them parked... we will just circle the area and keep watch usually
Old 08-01-2005, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by kHmER Co
This is a cool topic, I was up reading some of it last night, I live in Hayward, so your beat is probally somewhere around here... I havent been living here very long what are some of the good eats around like you mentioned earlier?.. I do have a few other questions...

I once got a ticket on the 238/880 for 95+ I had a radar detector at that time so I slowed down for about a good mile before the chp caught up to me.. and I asked to see their radar etc. they said they didnt use any.. but gave me a ticket anyway.. I went to court and just paid for it.. but would it have been worth it to fight the ticket?.. the road was empty.. about 3am after i got off work.. he was probally merging from the washington street onramp, thats why I didnt see him.. would you as an officer show up in court for these types of offenses.. the reason I didn't want to fight it was because I would have had to wait til 2, and I didn't even get any sleep the night before.. so it wasnt worth my time.. if I fought it is there a possibility for the speed to be reduced? cause for what they wrote '95+' you cant goto traffic school, and you get the point on your record.. just wondering...

My other question is what kind of exotic, luxury cars have you ever pulled over?.. ever anyone famous or notable?..
He probably paced you at that speed, or found that at 95 mph he was not catching you, hence 95+

Yeah, I'd show up b/c its automatic overtime if you plead guilty sometimes the judge will be nice but thats out of our hands as cops...

no one famous but i've bagged a MB AMG something and some nice porsches... usually idiots driving like idiots...
Old 08-01-2005, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by zeroday
brakejobhelp for mega mod!!

i was charged with "disorderly conduct, fighting" last year for trying to break up a fight at a bar. i plead guilty because it was labeled a summary offense and the cops said it wont show up on a background check as it's not a midemeanor/felony. Is thiss true? I'm kind of nervous about applying for new jobs now...and feel a bit stupid for not consulting a lawyer before pleading guilty.

edit: i was in PA at the time
it would show up here in california but i don't know about PA law sorry
Old 08-01-2005, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by phinthesky
Hey Brakejob.........is that Wendy's situation in the other thread, is that kosher for a cop to do that?
posted in it
Old 08-01-2005, 11:15 PM

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts
what were the guys smoking, cigs or something else?

i don't know man, in cali if the door was closed i would need a reason to go in, like a bad sound or no one answering the door, or reason to believe something was happening.. etc... if the door is open or cracked though then you're letting the public in and out, i don't know it's tough, and it's all how the officer articulates it...

as for the comment, it was just a joke, we make them all the time... you might be able to make a complaint but it would most likely fall on deaf ears...
thanks brakejob,
the guys were smoking cigarettes but someone did call the cops about a party next door so I guess that had a lot to do with it o'well. And yeah I knew the cop was joking and I never thought about making a complaint, but he seemed like a young cop and I thought it was a really strange thing to say, thats all.

thanks again
Old 08-02-2005, 12:11 AM
Burning Brakes

what happens if you've been pulled over let's say a couple of times for the same offense, just a fix it ticket, tint...

i've been pulled over twice now, and had it signed off, are there any records and such that would that i haven't really removed my tint? can i just keep getting it signed off and leave the tint on? i got one from a chp and another from a sf cop on clement

also, i'm from san francisco, near a police station at that, can you give fix it tickets to parked cars?

any tips on how to deal with sf cops when pulled over? or to avoid sf cops in general (of course the answer would be to drive law abidingly)

also when pulled over on clement the guy brought out the tint darkness meter reader, told me that i had exactly 20%, is that something that all cops will be carrying around?

Last edited by azn5ucka86; 08-02-2005 at 12:14 AM. Reason: more info
Old 08-02-2005, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Scottman111
thanks brakejob,
the guys were smoking cigarettes but someone did call the cops about a party next door so I guess that had a lot to do with it o'well. And yeah I knew the cop was joking and I never thought about making a complaint, but he seemed like a young cop and I thought it was a really strange thing to say, thats all.

thanks again
plus kentucky law might be real different about this, like how in texas you can shoot someone stealing from you!!

good luck bro
Old 08-02-2005, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by azn5ucka86
what happens if you've been pulled over let's say a couple of times for the same offense, just a fix it ticket, tint...

i've been pulled over twice now, and had it signed off, are there any records and such that would that i haven't really removed my tint? can i just keep getting it signed off and leave the tint on? i got one from a chp and another from a sf cop on clement

also, i'm from san francisco, near a police station at that, can you give fix it tickets to parked cars?

any tips on how to deal with sf cops when pulled over? or to avoid sf cops in general (of course the answer would be to drive law abidingly)

also when pulled over on clement the guy brought out the tint darkness meter reader, told me that i had exactly 20%, is that something that all cops will be carrying around?
while yes, it can be found and a cop can do something about it, it won't happen. you'll just having to get the signed off...

yeah, a parked car can get a fix it ticket.

windows down, dome light on, engine and radio off, hands on steering wheel, keep them there until an officer asks you to do something. and good luck

nah, not all have it, but we compare to the windows in our cars... our windows are at the legal limit.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Safety Car

^^^ dome light on... I never would have thought to do that, but it makes perfect sense.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:47 AM
Pro

if i get a fix it ticket....exactly how can i get out of it without changing my tints.....that would be a fucking 200 dollar+ job...could i meet up with you at a meet and get you to sign it hahaha

also, do you kno Officer Troy (undercover narcotics and former vandal squad)...my boy screwed his daughter than he turned around a busted him for graffiti hahaha

azn5ucka86 i also live in the richmond...some of the new cops in that division are real pricks..the ones from a few years ago were cool though

Last edited by Liftedoff420; 08-02-2005 at 05:50 AM.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:09 AM
Oh yeah!

Originally Posted by tonio
\
I did that once and it got me pulled over...I was literally doing 42 in a 40 and the cop must have been going like 40. I was only in the left lane because the road split and I needed to go where the left lane was headed. I figured that he wouldn't pull me over but he did, no ticket though, I think he just felt like messing with me.

I tolf him I was only going like 41 or 42 and he goes I know, but let me give you some advice, never pass a New York State Trooper....he ran my license then let me go
Old 08-02-2005, 09:59 AM
El Presidente

wow! i just read thru 23 pages, and all i can say is thanks a lot brakejobhelp and i look forward to seeing you at a meet in the near future.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Liftedoff420
if i get a fix it ticket....exactly how can i get out of it without changing my tints.....that would be a fucking 200 dollar+ job...could i meet up with you at a meet and get you to sign it hahaha

also, do you kno Officer Troy (undercover narcotics and former vandal squad)...my boy screwed his daughter than he turned around a busted him for graffiti hahaha

azn5ucka86 i also live in the richmond...some of the new cops in that division are real pricks..the ones from a few years ago were cool though
No, tint is a fix it ticket I don't sign off unless it's fixed... Only because since it is such a tough job to get on and off it can be easily proved I was lying (if someone wanted to check up) and I like getting a paycheck.

No, I don't know anyone by that last name actually, sorry.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Melanie
I did that once and it got me pulled over...I was literally doing 42 in a 40 and the cop must have been going like 40. I was only in the left lane because the road split and I needed to go where the left lane was headed. I figured that he wouldn't pull me over but he did, no ticket though, I think he just felt like messing with me.

I tolf him I was only going like 41 or 42 and he goes I know, but let me give you some advice, never pass a New York State Trooper....he ran my license then let me go
yeah, if you creep by i'll usually let it go but when someone just passes me for the heck of it i yank them
Old 08-02-2005, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by dark inspire
wow! i just read thru 23 pages, and all i can say is thanks a lot brakejobhelp and i look forward to seeing you at a meet in the near future.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dark inspire
I just did the same. Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions honestly. Oh, and ..... Ginger or Mary Ann?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:37 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

If I am walking towards you with my head down and look up and see your a cop and take off running will you chase me?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JesusJuice
If I am walking towards you with my head down and look up and see your a cop and take off running will you chase me?

Old 08-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

Originally Posted by Melanie

Sorry but I have to ... NYS Troopers are COCKS! They suck and eat shit!
Old 08-02-2005, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by jlukja
I just did the same. Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions honestly. Oh, and ..... Ginger or Mary Ann?
both are too damm old for me

in their prime though, mary ann

Quick Reply: Ask a Cop Anything™