Support Question: Ignore a User

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 01:48 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Ignore a User

Is there an option to ignore a user? I don't mean ignore a post if the user's name shows up in a thread, but just don't have them show up at all when you browse in threads... Looked, but can't find out how (and saw at least one post that referenced ignored users but no instructions on how to ignore in the first place). The search feature brings back dozens of completely unrelated or inapplicable posts. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission
Is there an option to ignore a user? I don't mean ignore a post if the user's name shows up in a thread, but just don't have them show up at all when you browse in threads... Looked, but can't find out how (and saw at least one post that referenced ignored users but no instructions on how to ignore in the first place). The search feature brings back dozens of completely unrelated or inapplicable posts. Thanks.
Good Question, I'm curious too.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:15 AM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission
Are you being stalked or otherwise harassed by another user? If so, please let the moderators know and they will step in.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:50 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by horseshoez
Are you being stalked or otherwise harassed by another user? If so, please let the moderators know and they will step in.
No, nothing like that -- but thank you.

I just would like an option (that other message boards have) to exclude someone because I find their posts to be consistently unhelpful, uninteresting, purposefully contentious, negative...things of this nature. (In Facebook vernacular, it would be similar to "unfriending" someone, so to speak, and be spared from seeing any posts from them whatsoever on any threads. Also in the Facebook example, users could have the option to "un-Ignore" someone later.)

Apparently this is (was) an option?
Old 07-23-2018, 04:52 PM
IB Staff

Received 194 Likes on 99 Posts
You can add someone to your Ignore list by going to your User CP's Edit Ignore List page and manually typing their name into the 'Add a Member' box. Once the user is ignored, you won't receive any PMs from them or see their posts/threads around the forum.

Hope that helps!
The following 2 users liked this post by IB Jason:
birdonamission (07-23-2018), frankjnjr (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 06:04 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by IB Jason
You can add someone to your Ignore list by going to your User CP's Edit Ignore List page and manually typing their name into the 'Add a Member' box. Once the user is ignored, you won't receive any PMs from them or see their posts/threads around the forum.

Hope that helps!
Perfect - I found it. Thank you!