Help Needed: Horrible website changes

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 05:20 PM
Fk no!TheyldstroyEvrthing

Received 226 Likes on 191 Posts
Horrible website changes

I dunno where to post this - i suppose you may move it wherever you deem appropriate.

The website as it is was slowing down any laptop i use. Now, with these changes, it's worse, and the fact that you see so much more info below each thread is confusing as well, and there's a new problem where a black box keeps appearing as i scroll down a thread, sometimes blocking the text box to type.

It is not new, however, that of all the sites and some forums i visit, this here has always been the one with the painful experience slowing down pc and page changing/jumping while i type...

Ok. rant done. Website poor.

thanks.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:49 PM
IB Staff

Received 194 Likes on 99 Posts
Sorry to hear you're running into these issue, RL09. For the new infinite scroll feature, we provide the ability to disable both the related threads that appear at the end of the thread you chose to read, as well as the entire infinite scroll setup itself, on the Settings menu's Edit Options page. Normally, these options are few quick clicks, but right now we're experiencing a bug that prevents them from being saved. If you'd like, I'm happy to manually disable related threads and/or infinite scroll on your account to circumvent this issue. Just let me know.

Regarding the black box you mentioned, were you logged in or out when you saw it? Please also let me know what browser you were using at the time.

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2018, 01:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,094 Likes on 749 Posts
Jason,

I went into my account settings under Edit Options, and I was able to choose to disable the infinite scroll and related threads options, but at the very bottom of the settings page I don't see any button to save these changes?
Old 05-07-2018, 01:35 PM
IB Staff

Received 194 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by nist7
Jason,

I went into my account settings under Edit Options, and I was able to choose to disable the infinite scroll and related threads options, but at the very bottom of the settings page I don't see any button to save these changes?
Sorry about that, I've disabled both for you. The missing Save button is a bug that we're currently in the process of fixing. It should be back soon should you want to make any other changes on that page.

Edit (5/8/18): The "Save Changes" button has returned if you need to make changes in the future.
The following users liked this post:
nist7 (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 01:43 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,094 Likes on 749 Posts
Originally Posted by IB Jason
Sorry about that, I've disabled both for you. The missing Save button is a bug that we're currently in the process of fixing. It should be back soon should you want to make any other changes on that page.
Great. Thanks!!
Old 08-20-2018, 02:50 PM
Fk no!TheyldstroyEvrthing

Received 226 Likes on 191 Posts
Originally Posted by IB Jason
Sorry to hear you're running into these issue, RL09. For the new infinite scroll feature, we provide the ability to disable both the related threads that appear at the end of the thread you chose to read, as well as the entire infinite scroll setup itself, on the Settings menu's Edit Options page. Normally, these options are few quick clicks, but right now we're experiencing a bug that prevents them from being saved. If you'd like, I'm happy to manually disable related threads and/or infinite scroll on your account to circumvent this issue. Just let me know.

Regarding the black box you mentioned, were you logged in or out when you saw it? Please also let me know what browser you were using at the time.

Thanks!
Sorry Jason I had not looked back here.

The black boxes are thankfully gone. I have edited these options and disabled infinite scrolls and related threads. Hope that speeds up things.

My rant was the ads as it was, always slowed my pc down and warmed up my keyboard. The changes made a heavier load. While I'm rarely here, it does seem better. I'll test things out and let you know in case it's painful again

Much appreciated thank you!